British man dies after stabbing attack at Australian hostel 

webfact

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

To date, from police briefings & witnesses,talking to the media the murders seem to be driven by rage due to the female victim's rejection; she was sharing a room with him and a few others, including the deceased in the OP, at a backpacker hostel. Police have requested more time to gather evidence that currently is scheduled for presentation to Court late October this year, we have to wait until that time for more clarity. In the meantime anyone who is familiar with the Australian Federal Police (they investigate incidents of alleged terrorism), obviously not by some with their asinine comments in this topic, will know they are not PC orientated.

Regards the death reported in the OP, from local media reports, the victim had been kept alive on life support until his family had time to get to Australia - RIP.

Why did he yell out Allaha Akbar then.

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Name a few of these Christian Terrorism organisations that are as bad or worse than ISIS and lets have a list of the atrocities they've committed in recent years then.

I know where you are coming from, but you may need to google some of the 'atrocities' committed by the Catholic Church over the past several hundred years. 

2 minutes ago, denkiblue555 said:

I know where you are coming from, but you may need to google some of the 'atrocities' committed by the Catholic Church over the past several hundred years. 

Again what about in recent years?

I'm sure you can google.

But here are a few that popped up quickly - I am sure there are many more:

Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012
The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009.
Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008.
The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994
The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996
The murder of Barnett Slepian byJames Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998. 
Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994. 

Depends what you call recent? Do you include anti-muslim activities? Anders Behring Breivik?

Christianity is not without violent extremists.

red_blue_flag.jpg

34 minutes ago, denkiblue555 said:

I'm sure you can google.

Depends what you call recent? Do you include anti-muslim activities? Anders Behring Breivik?

red_blue_flag.jpg

Are you seriously comparing a few isolated incidents over the last 20 years to what the Muslims have been up to since 9/11. If Breivik was motivated by religion he was the same religion as his victims.

Christian inter faith atrocities are miniscule compared to those of Islam.

In 2008 Hindus murdered 500 Christians in India. Christians in recent years have been amateurs when it comes to inter faith mass murders.

Edited by yogi100

28 minutes ago, denkiblue555 said:

I'm sure you can google.

red_blue_flag.jpg

In Rotherham in the UK back in 1997 a certain Albert Ramsbottom could have groomed a young vulnerable English girl of 13 years of age, raped her and then put her on the game.

Would that have then justified gangs of Pakistani Muslims then doing the same thing to 1400 other young girls in Rotherham?

Yogi, I know what you are saying....quoting 9/11 doesn't help your cause...but that's way off on a tangent.

All I am trying to say is that there most certainly are Christian Extremists who are violent.

Muslims are not all violent by nature, unless you believe in Hollywood movies - although there is certainly an element who seemed to be encouraged towards violence.

US foreign policy has to take some responsibility for what they have created over the past few decades in the middle east.

But really, we are a long way off topic here - I am happy for you to disagree with my comments, no problems.

11 minutes ago, Rod Gold said:

Duh, since you say this is not an act of terrorism, does this mean that when a ME man kills innocent people and shouts "Allah Akbar" that this is now normal behavior?

Since when is any murder "normal behaviour"?  Until the full facts are known, IMO, it's poor taste to speculate. 

6 hours ago, car720 said:

Some woman has prophecized that all Europe will be an Islamic Caliphate within a few years.  I think she is right.  God save the Queen and may the rest of us be protected by the Chinese.

may the rest of us be protected by the Chinese... yep I tend to agree with this part at least, it's time to make a few good chinese friends

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Australia - fast becoming one of the champions of Political Correctness.

The man shouts an Islamic slogan, in Arabic, that is often shouted by Islamic terrorists as they attack and kill non Muslims, whilst he attacks and murders non Muslims.

Yep, no sign of any extremism there. Aussie cops are either dumb or totally controlled by their political masters. 

Get real. Those maniacs kill approx. 90 times more Muslims (globally), while shouting that same Allahu Akbar slogan. So give it your non-Muslim  "cry-baby" rest, for a change. Eh?:coffee1:

I salute the courageous effort made by Mr. Jackson. Perhaps you might try to do the same, while mourning the loss of his life, instead, as a result of his humanitarian  effort.  :whistling:

Edited by NativeSon360

4 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

As an Australian I am embarrassed at how pathetic my Country has become. It will pay...one day and our kids will be studying Political Correctness in Schools as the downfall of Western Society.

The evolved pathetic nature of the Australian government, has absolutely nothing in common with the current topic thread. Take a few more steps backwards, then take another look @ what actually transpired. Perhaps it takes a non AU or NZ citizen to see it more "clearly", .........eh? :wai2:

Edited by NativeSon360

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Dont criticise the killer or you'll become a bigot.

Prescient:

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Too true!

It's nothing to do with Islam.

It's a fashionable war cry nutcases around the world start shouting whenever they feel like killing someone.

The fact that the attackers are Muslims and the victims non Muslims is neither here nor there. Those who say otherwise are racists and bigots.

default_rolleyes.gif

16 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

As an Australian I am embarrassed at how pathetic my Country has become. It will pay...one day and our kids will be studying Political Correctness in Schools as the downfall of Western Society.

Why there are so many of us that live in Thailand. Australia, beautiful country, great people, but engulfed in fascist political correctness. Read the Guardian or SMH, the headlines are all about wanting to increase Muslim immigration, to criticize Islam will probably soon be outlawed as a "hate" crime.

Then read social, very anti-Islam and people horrified by events like this. There is a disconnect between the people and the establishment, which is why right wing groups now getting votes. But not just an Australian thing only, most of the West is fed BS by the media, have freedoms gradually reduced, are militarizing the police, and enforcing PC and are on war footings against bogus enemies. Its an ugly trend and I worry where it is really heading.

19 hours ago, Usernames said:

A crime of passion is usually accompanied by words such as, "you slut," "whore," "bitch," etc. I can't imagine that in those circumstances the first words out of your mouth are "allahu akbar." But then maybe it's a moslem thing.  Maybe they're always thinking "allahu akbar" when they're murdering people.

well this accompanied different still this is a passion crime as police also say.

does it matter what he said before murdering an innocent person? or does it change the facts?

or is this a good base for discriminate thoughts for you?

dont tell me it is only muslim doing passion crimes.

The murdered girl's mother is complaining about the misrepresentation of this an attack by an Islamic extremist. A passage from the Qur'an is to be read at the funeral, along with readings and prayers from other faiths. A woman with the courage and heart that the world is currently in desperate need of. 

5 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

The murdered girl's mother is complaining about the misrepresentation of this an attack by an Islamic extremist. A passage from the Qur'an is to be read at the funeral, along with readings and prayers from other faiths. A woman with the courage and heart that the world is currently in desperate need of. 

The mother is a whack job who hadn't kept in touch with her daughter in over a year and who was worried about her daughter being kept in a cold place, the morgue, because the daughter doesn't like cold.  So, the mother is going to cremate her and give out her ashes across the globe.  

7 minutes ago, Usernames said:

The mother is a whack job who hadn't kept in touch with her daughter in over a year and who was worried about her daughter being kept in a cold place, the morgue, because the daughter doesn't like cold.  So, the mother is going to cremate her and give out her ashes across the globe.  

The daughter hadn't been home in a year because she was doing the travelling thing but they were apparently in touch frequently - so easy nowadays you know.. If you think having her daughter's ashes scattered around the globe makes  the mother a 'whack job',  you are to be pitied. Why do you feel a need to belittle the mother?

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Sympathies to her mother but she sounds like maybe a free-spirit or hippy and thats a great philosophy but that does not mean she knows anything about the motivation of the Muslim killer. It simply means she wishes to remember her daughters death in a certain context that filts her view.

Unless someone is suggesting her mother is trained investigator and expert in criminal psychology.

Posts containing inappropriate language have been removed:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Inflammatory posts have been removed as well:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.