Paying traffic fines to be easier from September 1st

webfact

Paying traffic fines to be easier from September 1st

a1a.jpg

Image: tnamcot 

BANGKOK: -- Police and Krung Thai bank  have entered an agreement so that traffic fines can be paid via ATMs and bank branches from September 1st.

The first stage will mean that all fines that are the result of being caught on CCTV can be paid in this manner from September.

Fines where licenses are confiscated must still be paid at police stations.

But there is hope that from January of next year all fines will be able to be settled at Krung Thai branches, ATMs and online.

The agreement to work together was settled by Woraphat Thanayawong of Krung Thai and police chief Jakrathip Chaijinda yesterday.

Previously the plan was that only fines from highway police would be payable at ATMs to increase the convenience of the public and their relationship with the force but this is now being expanded.

Source: Sanook, tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-31

5 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

So why change on the spot negotiation? It works for most!

Oh I don't suppose the "informal system" will be abandoned.

But this also reduces the hassle (for the police) of having to follow the formal route.

Had a run in the other day while riding my motorcycle, failed to kept to the left side

of the road apparently, this cop jumped in front of me waiving me over, saluting me

twice, he proceeded to enlighten me of the errors of my riding in the middle of the road,

pointing to his ticket's book, not being a novice in this game, using the local language,

I have asked him how

can we amicably resolve the issue right here and than, which he reply, up to you pa,

soon after 100 baht note disappeared into his hand as if in a magic show and I

was on my way, so who need the new system? not me....

20 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Had a run in the other day while riding my motorcycle, failed to kept to the left side

of the road apparently, this cop jumped in front of me waiving me over, saluting me

twice, he proceeded to enlighten me of the errors of my riding in the middle of the road,

pointing to his ticket's book, not being a novice in this game, using the local language,

I have asked him how

can we amicably resolve the issue right here and than, which he reply, up to you pa,

still works. only do not get caught up with a wrong cop who might book you for attempted bribe. from frying pan into fire.

I was clamped in Pattaya on 2nd Road for illegal parking.  Guilty as charged.  Went to Police station; paid my 400 fine within minutes.  I asked when the clamp would be removed, the officer said he would phone.  I forgot to give him money for his phone call; it took 90 minutes and a further visit to afore-mentioned den of iniquity before two boys on a motor bike turned up.

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

still works. only do not get caught up with a wrong cop who might book you for attempted bribe. from frying pan into fire.

It is how you do it that is important, don't offer them money, just ask them if you can pay the fine here 

That is great news, nice to see the hassle being taken out of breaking the law. The next step should be a direct debit system for regular customers, and a gold card discount system for top performers such as Rayong minibus drivers. Think of the money it would save !

2 hours ago, henry15 said:

All my traffic fines come by Thai  Post. Its a letter with some  detailled  pictures of what and where did something wrong. At some intersections like Tiwanon - Sanam Binnam there are 24 CCTV cameras.

Are you getting a discount for "Frequent Fines" performance?

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

I have asked him how

Your as corrupt as the cop and seem to be proud of it.  Next time when your (tax) money is stolen by another government branch, dont complain.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

I have asked him how

How can we wish for an end to police corruption when we encourage it because it is "convenient" at the time? Smells of double standards....

In every country with a decent justice system you can have your case heard in a court of law if you feel you are not guilty of the traffic statute which you are alleged to broken. We hear cases of serious offences such as culpable homicide, dangerous/drunk driving going to court, but I have never heard of anyone being summonsed for lesser offences such as speed or movement alleged infringements.

What would happen should you deny the offence and state you want the evidence to be produced in court? I appreciate that most people (knowing the Thai justice system) just wouldn't bother as the aggravation it would cause would probably be more than the fine.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

I was clamped in Pattaya on 2nd Road for illegal parking.  Guilty as charged.  Went to Police station; paid my 400 fine within minutes.  I asked when the clamp would be removed, the officer said he would phone.  I forgot to give him money for his phone call; it took 90 minutes and a further visit to afore-mentioned den of iniquity before two boys on a motor bike turned up.

I was also clamped in Bangkok. I just called the police (191) and shortly after 2 guys on a motorbike showed up. They were real police, but after a quick look at the ticket they got the traffic police guy on the radio. Since it was in a busy area, he wouldn't touch the 400 baht in cash I had ready and he insisted I had to make it through Bangkok traffic and pay the fine myself.

It was right next to a motor bike taxi stop, so I gave one of the guys 450 baht and off he went. 10 min later the traffic police got a call on his radio that the fine was paid and the clamp was removed.

Friendly and flexible police.

7 hours ago, Smiley Face said:

I think it was already pretty easy.  Just slip the ticketing cop 50% of the fine and you're on your way.  Easy peazy!

So, will CCTV camras have a slot to slip this 50% bribe into?, considering that the report stated that it was offenders caught on CCTV that this will apply to.

If/when it's applied across the board, I doubt it will make any difference to the bribe system, if there are still individual BIB gangsters involved.