Phuket taskforce nets three illegal tour guides

webfact

Phuket taskforce nets three illegal tour guides

The Phuket News

1472707789_1-org.jpg

The three men (circled) were found working as tour guides at Asia Amari Pier in Rassada. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: -- A unit of officials specifically tasked with ridding the island of illegal workers arrested three foreigners found working illegally as tour guides yesterday (Aug 31).

The unit, led by Labor office chief, Suthipong Saisakares; deputy chief for Provincial Defence Administration, Mr Jiradet Burarak; Tourism Developer from the office Tourism and Guide Registration Office, Sgt Kittisak Na Rangsi and others officials arrested the three foreign men at the Asia Amari Pier in Rassada at 10am yesterday.

The three men, Arleang 30, and Arming, 31, from Myanmar and Mr Sorntong Saelee, 30, of unknown nationality, were arrested while leading a tour group.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-taskforce-nets-three-illegal-tour-guides-58939.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-01

I am completely confused as to why they are not making more arrests for foreign guides. I own a boat tour business and some days I feel like I'm the only operator doing the right thing employing locals. No issue for me, our guides are excellent, but constantly amazed at the brazen disregard for the laws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk