Police union: Officers may boycott 49ers over Kaepernick

rooster59

3 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Just goes to show most police don't honor their oaths to uphold the Constitution and are in fact mostly fascists in blue. I'm sure they'd all look quite fetching in brown-shirts.

:coffee1:  It is 'OFF DUTY' work. Salaries are paid directly by the 49ers. If I am off duty and want to do some 'extra work' then I can choose to do it. If I would rather spend my down time at home with the wife and kids rather than contribute to the millions of dollars earned each year by someone I might consider a sleeze ball then that is my choice to do so also. This is nothing to do with the oath taken by the police or the constitution. Perhaps Kaepernick might want to review oaths and constitutions and his position as a role model (backed up by a 114 mill dollar pay check)..

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Kaep Sack copy

If he ever comes off the bench, this scenario will be played with ever increasing fever until the poor protester is taken off the roster and onto the injured reserve. :)

Nothing more gay than the NFL...buff guys running around all afternoon in skin-tight spandex jump-suits feeling each other up  :P

Interesting the big Trump supporters are the one's criticizing Kap. 

Freedom of speech, boys. Cops killing unarmed black men is worthy of a statement. 

I support him. I also hope he finds a different team than the miserable 49ers. That may be his plan. As a former die hard 49er fan, I don't recognize this team. 

He's getting paid no matter what. If he wants to take a knee during the anthem, who cares? The wingnuts apparently. 

5 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

:coffee1:  It is 'OFF DUTY' work. Salaries are paid directly by the 49ers. If I am off duty and want to do some 'extra work' then I can choose to do it. If I would rather spend my down time at home with the wife and kids rather than contribute to the millions of dollars earned each year by someone I might consider a sleeze ball then that is my choice to do so also. This is nothing to do with the oath taken by the police or the constitution. Perhaps Kaepernick might want to review oaths and constitutions and his position as a role model (backed up by a 114 mill dollar pay check)..

I think he has and is showing the young how important it is to take a stand for one's beliefs...even if they're unpopular. He's demonstrating how one can stand up for the values of the flag by sitting down. Of course, this blows the mind of many.

16 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Interesting the big Trump supporters are the one's criticizing Kap. 

Freedom of speech, boys. Cops killing unarmed black men is worthy of a statement. 

I support him. I also hope he finds a different team than the miserable 49ers. That may be his plan. As a former die hard 49er fan, I don't recognize this team. 

He's getting paid no matter what. If he wants to take a knee during the anthem, who cares? The wingnuts apparently. 

Why don't you put him on your fantasy football team, then?

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

He has a right as an American to voice his opinion. 

Whether he has a contractual right by his employer is another story. 

As an Employee, he oes not have a right to prosthletize and make the workplace environment unsafe for others any more than if he were a KKK member. 

The dialogue you speak of does not belong on this stage with paying public wanting entertainment. Thats what this guy is--he is part of the song & dance routine.

I am glad somebody in the public eye like he is is voicing his opinion.

I think he has the right by both his employer and NFL as well, but we'll have to see about that. So far the reactions here are he does not have that right, but as you said, we'll have to wait and see.

First he was disrespecting the military by not standing......but many veterans supported him, so that dog died quickly. He could go and stand on the corner and protest alone, but how much attention would that draw? Not much, so he is doing what he is doing. How many posters on here would have the guts to do this? America can be especially vitriolic and a dangerous place when you stand up for your beliefs.....so power to him. But in my opinion there is way to much brainwashing around flags and national anthems. Who really cares about a multi colored rag.....not me. And the UK national anthem singing about a Queen.....give me a break. Then she dies......eventually......and now we sing about a King.......this is something out of medieval times. I remember when they would have the anthem at the end of the movies in the theater.....nobody cared or usually waited. all this nonsense is from a bygone age. These are all just tokens to try to keep the masses in line, and probably that fine line between some form of toeing the line and anarchy. Hmmmm I used the word line three times in one sentence, the drugs must be kicking in......

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

2 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Just goes to show most police don't honor their oath to uphold the Constitution and are in fact mostly fascists in blue. I'm sure they'd all look quite fetching in brown-shirts.

Can't delete JT's quote box

The police don't have to moonlight to provide security, and whatever you think of them, who you gonna call when the bad guys breaking into yout house?

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I am glad somebody in the public eye like he is is voicing his opinion.

I think he has the right by both his employer and NFL as well, but we'll have to see about that. So far the reactions here are he does not have that right, but as you said, we'll have to wait and see.

Even if he has the contractual right, he is choosing to not respect the American flag. That does not play well for the majority American.audeience.

His value to sponsors and advertisers drops off quickly.

That affects the franchise.

He was adopted by white parents as a baby and grew up living a good suburban life with caring parents. His girlfriend is a BLM big shot, I think that has a little to do with his attitude. Maybe because of his privileged upbringing he is suffering from white guilt. The window of an athlete's career is so short, this is not a good way to keep alive a struggling NFL career. 

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I would stand, as a player (fat chance) and in the audience. Heck, I would stand for any national anthem just as a courtesy. I think he voices valid issues but his tactic is questionable. However, he has every right not to stand unless it's against NFL rules which it's not. If it was, he could still not stand, but would have to accept the NFL punishment. I think the police are being stupid threatening action. They're not endorsing his action by policing the event. They have a duty to the public to do their job. They may have a right to strike, over pay and work conditions, but they don't have the right to impose their false impression of what civil rights citizens have which BTW include what this player is doing.

On the balance of things, I'm more offended by the police trying to bully citizens exercising their rights of protest than the non-standers.

Saying this as someone that did not say the "pledge of allegiance" in class as a schoolboy as a protest against the Vietnam war. My logic is that's different. Still stood for the anthem when going to ballgames back then! 

In that this is not normal police duty but is a moonlighting job during their time off, why shouldn't others, be they police or hotdog sales people decide, in response, that they do not want to participate? I would disagree about your bullying comment - it is their right to decide whether to work a part time gig or stay home.

5 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

In that this is not normal police duty but is a moonlighting job during their time off, why shouldn't others, be they police or hotdog sales people decide, in response, that they do not want to participate? I would disagree about your bullying comment - it is their right to decide whether to work a part time gig or stay home.

Oh if they're working these gigs on the side, they have every right to say HELL NO. I don't think they have that right when being paid by government.

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Even if he has the contractual right, he is choosing to not respect the American flag. That does not play well for the majority American.audeience.

His value to sponsors and advertisers drops off quickly.

That affects the franchise.

No no no no no. You don't get it, you hater! Let me explain to you the leftists' Brave New World of "free speech". "Free speech" means leftists can say or do whatever they want. All you get to do is shut up and take it. Any sponsors who pull out are obviously racists, and clearly you are as well, daring to criticize. Get it together, pal!  ;)

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can't delete JT's quote box

The police don't have to moonlight to provide security, and whatever you think of them, who you gonna call when the bad guys breaking into yout house?

I'd reach for my 357 on the nitestand...unfortunately not in Thailand...here I have window bars.

5 minutes ago, mesterm said:

Supposedly this bloke recently converted to Islam too.

Yes, from what I have read, it is his girlfriend, Muslim BLM activist, influencing much of this nonsense we are seeing from Kaepernick. Frankly, it sounds like he's just plain old pu$$y whipped.

Edited by MajarTheLion
bad wording

Just now, MajarTheLion said:

Yes, from what I have read, it is his girlfriend, Muslim BLM activist, influencing much of this nonsense we are seeing from Kaepernick. Frankly, it sounds like he's just plain old pu$$y whipped.

Oh, how love can blind a man (or woman)!

Free speech comes with conditions meaning others can ostracize you for your free speech.  He may get an offer from a desperate team but his career is likely washed up now at age 28.  Hope he invested his money well.

I could have set myself up quite nicely for life on a fraction of the money he has made. He has probably surrounded himself with people who will help themselves to it though

Edited by NovaBlue05

While you didn't say the pledge of allegiance, I was putting my life on the line in Vietnam.  I would rather not have beenin the war but I had a duty to my country - right or wrong.  I love America but don't agree with all of its policies. Despite that I still owe it my duty and honor.

I have to wonder about people who question Kaepernick's right to protest because of how much money he has earned playing football. So black men can't protest if they make a certain amount of money? Be seen but not heard? His protest has hurt no one. Has inconvenience no one.  As for those socks which depict police as pigs. He has admitted he wore them prior to his protest but he wants it known that it was not to depict all police officers but only those rogue police officers which he is now making a statement concerning by not standing for the national anthem. He should have made that known at the time for sure. Police officers who can't stand those that criticize officers who do wrong, should perhaps find another line of work.