Marriage Licence

i plan to marry my TGF in january,and for her to come to the uk later this year ,but for now i need to find out some facts about getting married in bangkok.

when i come to BKK i am only staying 10 days so i would like to know the quickest way to marry .

iv'e heard that you can use certain marriage offices near the embassy,is it worth it ? how long does it take? how much does it cost ? etc .etc.

thanks in advance guys ! youv'e not let me down yet!! :o

P.S. any info on DIY marriage also appreciated .

Edited by ged

i plan to marry my TGF in january,and for her to come to the uk later this year ,but for now i need to find out some facts about getting married in bangkok.

when i come to BKK i am only staying 10 days so i would like to know the quickest way to marry .

iv'e heard that you can use certain marriage offices near the embassy,is it worth it ? how long does it take? how much does it cost ? etc .etc.

thanks in advance guys ! youv'e not let me down yet!! :o

P.S. any info on DIY marriage also appreciated .

I used an agent near the embassy. All done in a few hours. Cost about 9,000 Baht for everything. Give them a ring and they will give you some advise about what you need.

Master Class Translation Service Ltd

Tel. 026514266-7 // 026273774

Fax. 026514267

E Mail [email protected]

Edited by LITE BEER

When I hat the "affirmation of freedom to marry" in my hands I went to an agent

next to the Dutch ambassey in BKK to get married, this agent arranged a taxi to an District office nearby and aswell a withness, after we get our mariage papers the agent have translated those and arranged the certification by ministry of foreigh affairs, we married in the morning and in the afternoon I hat the certified mariage papers in my hands, the next day I went to our ambassey to get the papers certified and can use them in the Netherlands.

It have cost be total arround 10.000 BHT

When I hat the "affirmation of freedom to marry" in my hands I went to an agent

next to the Dutch ambassey in BKK to get married, this agent arranged a taxi to an District office nearby and aswell a withness, ......

The affirmation needs to be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs prior to the marriage at the amphur.

Scouse.

Hi,

I did what you intend to do.

Below is my reply to someone elses previous post.

And this is the link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=81411&hl=

I'd just like to relate my experience as it may help.

Did the paper work as above over two days. On the second tried to get married in Bangkok office, they complained about our documents, my wife seemed to think they were trying to get extra money for hiring a translator or something though I'm not sure and there's many offices about so don't let that put you off.

We went to her home village the same day and got legally married the next, by sitting in the local office and signing a form - very un-romantic. I think it may have been free, or 200Baht maybe? It's legally binding in any country, though it's a good idea to get your marriage cerificate translated into English by an authorised translator, can be useful back in the UK.

Six months later I went back with my parents to her home village and had the full ceremony in the morning and party in the evening - a wonderful day I'll never forget. The ceremony and party are completely optional and the extent and expense you go to is down to you, your wife and her family - (in other words you have no control). We had discussed having the ceremony/party in Bangkok, then at a hotel near her home town, but in the end I was really pleased we did it at her parent's house in the village. Made it more intimate and personal despite 500 poeple. Plans and price can escalate - we had 50 tables, booze for everone, a team of cateres cooking on site, a band with dancing girls, but it was still a third the price of the UK, or less.

Hope that helps.

You don't need an agency, unless you'd prefer someone else to run round the offices while you relax. You can do it in 2 or 3 days.

The embassy first for affirmation of freedon to marry.

Get it translated into Thai (you'll see places advertising this on the main road near the emassy - just walk back there and sit and wait for 15 mins).

Then to the other office, I can't remember the name of now, in north BKK to get it authorised.

That will be a day gone so then the next find a local office to get married. As I said before, it's nothing romantic, just like paying your council tax bill. Save the romance for later.