Private driving schools 'will be mandatory'

webfact

The WTB has just signed up at the Transport School of Phetchabun as she thinks I will yell at her too much if I teach her. She drove for years without a license so it will be interesting how things are done. They have simulators for them to start on, not electronic but set up with a drivers seat with gears, instruments etc.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:50 PM, craigt3365 said:

It's all about enforcement.  When you can get away with no license for a 50B backhander, why bother.  Same with no headlights, driving the wrong way, no helmet, a bit more for drunk driving, but not serious.  Make the penalties harsh and you'll see driving behaviors change.  Sadly, this would require a serious overhaul of the police force.

Totally agree!!!.....It's all about enforcement and if it's not in place getting a PHD in driving still won't mean a hill of beans ....

The Three "E"s of traffic management.  Education.  Engineering.  Enforcement.  Gotta do all 3 to have a reasonably safe environment. 

I still can't get over these bloody U-turn breaks in city roads and even some major highways, where there is no merge off/deceleration lane leading up to it. Even with one, like at large PTT stations, they are very dangerous, moreso at night or in a heavy rain squall.   I've got one near my city, I avoid it at all costs, and will drive on another 2 kilometers to use the U turn road under a fly over, then backtrack.   

Undoubtedly Thailand requires some better effort in this field , not only does this impact on daily life, but it also has hidden costs that are not ready seen , hospital,l medical, insurance and death costs, all that has to be born by the community , possibly the only way forward, and I don't wish to promote, however it would be in Thailand's best interest to let Expats only run the driving schools , otherwise besides money changing hands ,  one can only see the carnage continuing ...................................................................:coffee1: