Why dont more Thai people wear sunglasses

JJGreen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A fascinating question. It is apparent that many Thai people find the bright sun to be uncomfortable. I see many on motorbikes, holding out their hands in front of them, to block the sun. So, by not wearing sunglasses they are not only endangering themselves, but their passengers too, by driving with one hand out in front of them, and one hand on the handlebars. And this is in addition to not wearing a helmet on most occasions. I do not think many would regard this as dangerous. Not much thought seems to be given to hazards here.

I do not leave my house without really good polarized sunglasses. It is so much more comfortable. Especially when driving. 

A fascinating question. It is apparent that many Thai people find the bright sun to be uncomfortable. I see many on motorbikes, holding out their hands in front of them, to block the sun. So, by not wearing sunglasses they are not only endangering themselves, but their passengers too, by driving with one hand out in front of them, and one hand on the handlebars. And this is in addition to not wearing a helmet on most occasions. I do not think many would regard this as dangerous. Not much thought seems to be given to hazards here.

I do not leave my house without really good polarized sunglasses. It is so much more comfortable. Especially when driving. 

Situations like that shows there is a need to wear the glasses against the glare but often they're not worn