What has Happened to Lazada ?

DavoTheGun

I have been dealing with Lazada for the last 3 years or so, purchased many items big and small, recently bought a Washing Machine, I was (is) a good deal, told it would be delivered in 4 to 6 Days last week, my wife waited at home after being advised it had been picked up by the Transport Company ( Yusen) the Machine did not come, no contact from company nothing, after many phone calls we were told they ( Lazada ) said they could not contact shipping company, the we get an email advising item back in Bangkok as they could not contact us, what a load! then they tell us the money will be Refunded, Never asked for a refund! just want the machine! I suggested they find a Driver with a Brain to redeliver, no can do they say, to add Insult to Injury they say takes up to 45 Days for Refund! What so it will be nearly 2 Months I am out of pocket 12000 Baht. thru no fault of mine. Does anybody have any contacts with Lazada who can help me, Please! I know they advertise on TV, and I do not think they are the problem, maybe policy is wrong, never had any problem before and have spent a lot of money with them, the only mistake I made was not using COD.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not buy from LAZADA again. Bought a standing fan but when delivered it was noisy so I asked Lazada to exchange it. They collected the fan to (so they said) check the problem and after some days, and many emails to arrange delivery, they returned the fan. No change - still noisy. Perhaps working at Lazada makes them deaf? I put the 2,000 baht cost down to experience. Bought a new fan from Big C. My advice -- DON'T USE LAZADA.

Edited by taiping

Other than the crappy website search function, I have had nothing but good luck with everything I've bought through Lazada.

Delivery would be a nuisance if I had the stuff home delivered since the driver invariably calls when I'm out and about.  But I have everything delivered to my office where the receptionist is always available during working hours.

Had mixed personal experiences myself both very good and very poor. There certainly seems to be very little consistency with the packages arriving before the tracking has started and packages arriving after the tracking has shown them delivered!!!

For the most part very good but the delivery driver in my particular area is a complete bonehead they seem to canvas it out to these guys when the item is not from a major shop and some of them are not people friendly

Very erratic service but for the most part good although I have not dealt with any return items as yet so I might see the rest of the threads for advice on that one

Lazada is another Thai brain run outfit, where you order something and you're not allowed

to open the box, look at the item or god forbid test it before you accept delivery, like buying a cat in a bag,

so for me, as cheap as they're, they're not consumer's conscious company, as they're

there to cover their assess only.......

Edited by ezzra

I asked lazada if and when they proposed to develop a filter that excluded items delivered from abroad.

Unsurprisingly, they have no plans to do this.

I'm struggling to see the point of lazada if you have to plow through items shipped from abroad, that you can get easily and cheaper from eBay.

we to have experianced lazada's shity service,had 2 baking trays delivered from CPK.PRODUCTS ordered via lazada.

both trays were covered with a sticky label that we found you couldnt get off.after getting intouch with cpk.they advised to put them in a hot oven for a couple of minute's,some did come off along with the non -stick.

as we get at least 4 e-mails a day from lazada,we sent them one telling them about the problem, NO REPLY.

lucky it only cost 510bht. but it will be the last.

1 hour ago, taiping said:

I will not buy from LAZADA again. Bought a standing fan but when delivered it was noisy so I asked Lazada to exchange it. They collected the fan to (so they said) check the problem and after some days, and many emails to arrange delivery, they returned the fan. No change - still noisy. Perhaps working at Lazada makes them deaf? I put the 2,000 baht cost down to experience. Bought a new fan from Big C. My advice -- DON'T USE LAZADA.

Let me guess, was it a Hatari fan? They are noisy, you need mitsubushi....

I have used Lazada countless time and only had 1 bad experience. My bad experience was with a Dishwasher. After 2 days it stopped working. Lazada picked it up and 3 weeks later refunded my money.  If they have the product back, I should have my refund... simple as that.

Last week I returned a DVD burner that stopped working. I called and was told there is a 7 day return policy on this product.  I told them I received the product but didn't use it till today. I was told to EMS the product back and I received my refund 2 days later.

Can't complaun about that.. Seems Lazada is trying to westernize...

Lazada.com is a privately owned Singaporean e-commerce company founded by Rocket Internet in 2011. As of 2014, Lazada Group operated sites in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam and had raised approximately US$647 million over several investment rounds from its investors such as Tesco, Temasek Holdings, Summit Partners, JPMorgan Chase, Investment AB Kinnevik and Rocket Internet.

Its sites launched in March 2012, with a business model of selling inventory to customers from its own warehouses. In 2013 it added a marketplace model that allowed third-party retailers to sell their products through Lazada's site; the marketplace accounted for 65% of its sales by the end of 2014.

Bought a iPhone charger (made in China) fell apart after using just once.Total junk.

Have had problems trying to return another produce two months ago ,forever to collect,45 days for credit even now not sure if I have been credited.

Will not be purchasing anything else.

I've only bought small items - some knives, pocket and fixed blade, laser pointers, small telescope etc. More "boy's toys" for me and the lad. Bought some sports equipment - bigger items but again o k 

Always COD, and no real issues.

The systems are sometimes out - get goods before they say they've been dispatched! 

But no real quality issues. 

I had my strange experience also with lazada recently. Ordered a spare macbook air battery, after weeks of frustration they came with a surprisingly small package, I opened it in front of the delivery guy stating it couldn't be due much smaller size and they still wanted me to pay for the delivered sd card reader the price of the battery which 10 times more expensive then the card reader. I refused to pay, the guy took the thing back and I tried to contact them again when my battery comes, but they never replied back. I guess they wasn't happy about I opened it but really don't care if they try to sell me something I never wanted. Based on the no reply I was wondered what if I had to pay that time and then now probably I stuck with an expensive card reader as well. :wai2:

40 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Lazada.com is a privately owned Singaporean e-commerce company founded by Rocket Internet in 2011. As of 2014, Lazada Group operated sites in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam and had raised approximately US$647 million over several investment rounds from its investors such as Tesco, Temasek Holdings, Summit Partners, JPMorgan Chase, Investment AB Kinnevik and Rocket Internet.

Its sites launched in March 2012, with a business model of selling inventory to customers from its own warehouses. In 2013 it added a marketplace model that allowed third-party retailers to sell their products through Lazada's site; the marketplace accounted for 65% of its sales by the end of 2014.

So it uses a similar model to AliBaba: ie, limited if any  control over quality, limited interest when things are not as expected. I'm a big online shopper but I haven't bothered with Lazada when they didn't answer a simple email enquiry 3 years ago: a red flag to me.

26 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I've only bought small items - some knives, pocket and fixed blade, laser pointers, small telescope etc. More "boy's toys" for me and the lad. Bought some sports equipment - bigger items but again o k 

Always COD, and no real issues.

The systems are sometimes out - get goods before they say they've been dispatched! 

But no real quality issues. 

Same bought countless things from Lazada no problems bigger things like a 48 inch TV and other stuff never a problem. Though I have been waiting a while now for a snorkel. But i knew it would come from an other country.

I guess it depends on what you buy if you buy cheap crap you get cheap crap. 

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Let me guess, was it a Hatari fan? They are noisy, you need mitsubushi....

We have two Hatari,s no issue with either,as far as Lazada bought many items over the last two years paid COD any no problems  whatsoever :thumbsup:

I've always had good experiences with them, until last week.

I ordered, and paid for by credit card, a TV, to replace one fried by lightning.

It was cheaper than the one I had looked at in my local Tesco, and, as I believe they source from there, seemed a good deal. A check of Lazada's site over the weekend indicated it had been delivered, so I assumed it was just about heading down my street.

I then received an email stating my refund was being processed! I contacted them asking why the order had been cancelled, and why didn't they give me an explanation, rather than just cancelling. They did apologise and stated the item was out of stock and that the refund would take up to 40 days depending on the type of card used. I asked how they can remove money from my account within minutes yet take months to replace it.  Like the OP it was not an insignificant sum. I received more apologies, but am still waiting for a refund.

I informed them I wouldn't use them again. 

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I've always had good experiences with them, until last week.

I ordered, and paid for by credit card, a TV, to replace one fried by lightning.

It was cheaper than the one I had looked at in my local Tesco, and, as I believe they source from there, seemed a good deal. A check of Lazada's site over the weekend indicated it had been delivered, so I assumed it was just about heading down my street.

I then received an email stating my refund was being processed! I contacted them asking why the order had been cancelled, and why didn't they give me an explanation, rather than just cancelling. They did apologise and stated the item was out of stock and that the refund would take up to 40 days depending on the type of card used. I asked how they can remove money from my account within minutes yet take months to replace it.  Like the OP it was not an insignificant sum. I received more apologies, but am still waiting for a refund.

I informed them I wouldn't use them again. 

Defending lazada here a little bit.

It takes time to clear a creditcard.. and they have to wait a while to make sure it was no fraud. I do accounting for many companies that use payment providers to clear creditcards. This takes quite some time before it becomes final. So only then can they send you the money back.. and of course it will take some time to process. It sucks but its just how it works. Do you really think that companies are waiting for your bank transfer and then directly send it back... they wont they group them and then do so. 

I bought a really nice set of cupboards and delivered with courtesy and on time and when I accidentally over ordered I sent a message and was called back within an hour (by an Indian chap). All very good service for me. Maybe Im just lucky.

2 hours ago, BaldPlumber said:

I asked lazada if and when they proposed to develop a filter that excluded items delivered from abroad.

Unsurprisingly, they have no plans to do this.

I'm struggling to see the point of lazada if you have to plow through items shipped from abroad, that you can get easily and cheaper from eBay.

and faster delivery   often with a trackable   postal nimber

Thought it was just me! Ordered a speaker last week and paid for next-day delivery. It just never showed up! I emailed and called every day to find out where it was and each time they said they would let me know, but of course never did. No apology, no explanation, no respect for customers. Typical Thai business I'm afraid. 

Never again.

Amazon would have got it here quicker from the other side of the planet.