Dress code and behavior in public

johna

7 hours ago, hdkane said:

Why introduce religion into the discussion...makes me think you have a hidden agenda...I'm an atheist, my entire life, and I don't like it when people intentionally conduct themselves in a manner to draw attention...I simply dislike attention whores...

Yep that's why you posted then not to draw attention to yourself of course

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of posters on this site have a tendency to talk about Thai people like they are 1 big homogenous group who all think the same. Sounds like the OP might be an older gentleman whose demographic is always complaining about "young people today". Most of the Thai people I know wouldn't care what someone was wearing on the BTS. A temple would of course be a different matter.

OB

22 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Ive always wanted to ware a Baseball Cap Backwards , but found other ways to look stupid, like a Chang Vest, and Cargo Pants, Gold Chains,Tatoos,set to with Red Nike trainers plus black socks , and driving a Truck with blacked out windows and big wheels.

I reckon if l ever see you,  you'll be dressed head to toe in black unless you can find something darker and resemble Captain Black of the Mysterons,  his an alien as we are referred to as.  :lol:

On 9/8/2016 at 11:37 AM, dick dasterdly said:

You've made me realise that I'm TRULY a slob around the house :( as a light top and knickers are quite enough.  Which probably explains why I'm not keen on unexpected visitors!

But I do agree that Thais already think Westerners are badly dressed and even more badly behaved....  so always dress conservatively when out.

You mean you wear clothes in the house?

It can go overboard the other way.....Just got back from the store.....There was a fella there that would have looked very spiffy - walking aound Telegraph Ave in Berkeley or parts of San Francisco .....You get the drift...

Red slacks, goldish button down shirt, thick blue wool sweater carefully placed over his shoulders with the sleeves carefully arranged in front (90+ degrees out) accented by a flowery suede man purse & the darkest sunglasses you can wear (indoors)......Kind of posing around the store.....

Looking like a foppish 60+ preppy that looked comically out of place considering location, climate & temperature .....Almost like a costume....

I thought of snapping a pic but that would have been impolite....

Undoubtedly he'd have blended in many places with fall attire - but glaringly not here....