Federal government halts work on part of pipeline project

rooster59

On September 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM, ClutchClark said:

The US has been doing quite well for a couple centuries. I suggest Americans stop thinking about themselves and their own special interests and start thinking as Americans again. 

The Boston Tea Party was based on "Taxation without Representation". Please take a look around you...today everyone has representation regardless how much they pay in taxes.

I would have to question everyone having representation due to the gerrymandering being done and steps to limit voting. And Clutch, while I agree in principle about thinking outside individual interests, a closer look at the Boston Tea Party will demonstrate a different reality. The Tea Party took place due to the British government allowing the sale of tea at a price cheaper than tea that could be bought from smugglers. Problem was, then the colonists would still be paying the tea tax. A distinct minority wanting independence thus led this protest action. Please don't be upset with me, my DNA was part of those fighting for independence. By the way, there was more than one tea party. In Southern New Jersey, we took the tea from the ships and burnt it. Damn those students of history anyway!