Yanhee hospital agrees to treat student’s disfigured face

webfact

Yanhee hospital agrees to treat student’s disfigured face

1409001-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Social worker Ms Paveena Hongsakul has stepped in to arrange for medical treatment for 17-year old high school student who has her face disfigured after a teacher allegedly threw a ceramic coffee mug at her.

Ms Paveena, chair of the Paveena Foundation, told the media on Wednesday that the immediate priority now is to rectify her disfigured face and eye problem which can get worse and beyond repairs if they are not treated quickly.

The high school student of Chokechai Samakkhi school in Nong Boonmark district of Nakhon Ratchasima, Nong Sai , alleged that the physical education teacher, Mr Paithoon Klangkrathok threw a ceramic mug into a group of female students, including herself, because they stood up while the rest were sitting on the floor without his prior permission. The mug hit her face and harmed facial muscles, disfiguring her face, she said, adding that one of her eyes was also injured and blurred her vision.

The case went public after the student’s family and the teacher failed to reach an agreement on compensation payment for the girl’s medical treatment.

But the teacher claimed that he threw the plastic coffee cup at a concrete wall and it reflected and hit the girl’s head. The school director, Mr Samak Waikhunthod, also insisted that it was a plastic cup and the teacher did not intend to hurt her.

Ms Paveena on Wednesday took Nong Sai to Yanhee hospital to see the hospital director, Dr Supote Samritvanichha who, together with a team of doctors examined the victim’s conditions to map out treatment process.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yanhee-hospital-agrees-treat-students-disfigured-face/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-15

"But the teacher claimed that he threw the plastic coffee cup at a concrete wall and it reflected and hit the girl’s head. The school director, Mr Samak Waikhunthod, also insisted that it was a plastic cup and the teacher did not intend to hurt her. "

A hard ceramic or plastic cup is just as capable of doing damage to a human face. These two "men" should be ashamed of their attempts at wriggling out of their responsibility. Teachers throwing objects at students is just not acceptable. It is fortunate that this ill tempered teacher was not in possession of a knife or gun. HoNong Sai's face can be repaired at Yanhee, meanwhile egg removal from the faces of   these two characters continues. 

I am glad that this girl is to receive treatment,  and I hope that her pretty face and sunny smile can be restored.

This sort of thing will continue to happen again and again as long as these sort of teachers, bolstered by their uniforms medals and rank badges continue to believe that face, status, the depth of the wais and so on are the most important part of the relationship with their pupils.

You see it all the time, and guess what, those to whom this is the most important part of the job are the ones who tend to have the discipline problems.

The children are not  stupid. They "suss" teachers quickly enough.

What gullible people you all are. 

Whether it was a plastic cup or a ceramic cup, a hard contact at the eye area would not cause a facial nerve to swell causing the face to lift. There's no such thing lol. :cheesy:

Fools and horses. 

This is nothing more than a scam to extort money from the teacher, that these brats pushed to the limit. This girl and her mum should be prosecuted for fraud. 

:clap2:gullible lot you are. 

13 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Whether it was a plastic cup or a ceramic cup, a hard contact at the eye area would not cause a facial nerve to swell causing the face to lift. There's no such thing lol. :cheesy:

Fools and horses. 

This is nothing more than a scam to extort money from the teacher, that these brats pushed to the limit. This girl and her mum should be prosecuted for fraud. 

Please post your neuro surgeon credentials.

20 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Fools and horses. 

The face is not "lifted". It looks like there is partial paralysis of some of the face muscles. This is a very well-known medical condition which can certainly be caused by trauma.

40 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Fools and horses. 

Oh wise one, perhaps you can enlighten us as to what caused her facial disfigurement?  Perhaps she put her head in a vise and asked Mum to tighten the jaws, in the hopes of extorting money from her school?  And thanks for the medical diagnosis about the facial nerve, you must be one of the very few MD's on TV.  

He did not mean to throw it*,and she should not have been

standing there,so I am not going to admit responsibility,

or offer any compensation, what a <deleted>;,and the school

is backing him,what a disgrace. *and it was only plastic !

regards worgeordie

Tempest in a coffee cup.  I saw the girl on the morning news and could hardly discern anything that could be considered a 'disfigurement'. Nonetheless. the teacher is deserving of some form of punishment to include anger management issues.

12 minutes ago, pookiki said:

Tempest in a coffee cup.  I saw the girl on the morning news and could hardly discern anything that could be considered a 'disfigurement'. Nonetheless. the teacher is deserving of some form of punishment to include anger management issues.

You do understand she has undergone several weeks of treatment and medical procedures, don't you. Or are you shooting from the hip?

4 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You do understand she has undergone several weeks of treatment and medical procedures, don't you. Or are you shooting from the hip?

Was that in the article?  How much did they procedures cost?  Seems to have worked!

13 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I can't confirm accuracy but latest info from a friend in the Korat area is that the teacher has been charged and TRANSFERRED. 

Can anyone add to this ?

Knowing how the police operate, we can expect a mug shot of the teacher right soon.

14 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I can't confirm accuracy but latest info from a friend in the Korat area is that the teacher has been charged and TRANSFERRED. 

Can anyone add to this ?

It was in the other paper that we cannot name this morning.

He should instantly been suspended without pay until the case is resolved. In addition he should be charged with assault and held in jail with no bail.

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

Fools and horses. 

common sense and a high school diploma leads to a google search to find credible medical data-articles-studies that totally contradict your statements

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/846226-overview#a8

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=traumatic+facial+nerve+palsy&oq=traumatic+facial+nerve+palsy&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.7119j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

common sense and a high school diploma leads to a google search to find credible medical data-articles-studies that totally contradict your statements

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/846226-overview#a8

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=traumatic+facial+nerve+palsy&oq=traumatic+facial+nerve+palsy&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.7119j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Looking at your own information, it says that this can result from significant injury to the temporal lobe. Including and especially a serious injury with fracture and broken facial bones. The yahee hospital is saying she was hit just below the ear by a plastic cup. The facial nerves are protected by quite thick bone. It would be impossible to damage them without breaking the bone going by your links. I have seen her in several pictures changing from normal to disfigured as the need arises. Camera shot  "up the face please". Sitting in background "relax a bit "lol. 

I just went and damaged my facial nerve in the mirror. can I get 300000 baht.  Go and look in the mirror gulliver. Lol

The teacher gets moved to another School without any prosecution from the Police or loss of income?.

That's just another reason added to the list for my kids never to live in Thailand. If this happened to my kid, i couldn't control my actions to say the least. 

Bloody mad country

54 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Looking at your own information, it says that this can result from significant injury to the temporal lobe. Including and especially a serious injury with fracture and broken facial bones. The yahee hospital is saying she was hit just below the ear by a plastic cup. The facial nerves are protected by quite thick bone. It would be impossible to damage them without breaking the bone going by your links. I have seen her in several pictures changing from normal to disfigured as the need arises. Camera shot  "up the face please". Sitting in background "relax a bit "lol. 

I just went and damaged my facial nerve in the mirror. can I get 300000 baht.  Go and look in the mirror gulliver. Lol

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2577556/

Do you know the result of her imaging studies and/or nerve conduction velocity studies?