Australian drug fugitive arrested with fake passport in Phuket bar

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“We found him at the bar. He was surprised to see us there,” said Maj Col Nareuwat Phutwiro, an investigator with the Phuket Tourist Police.

Suprised? How moronic, the red light districts are where  they're most likely to be found and the cops know it and therefore monitor it.

Jail -> IDC -> OUT! (and never return)

Quote: He was living quietly in Phuket for three years.

I am living quietly in Phuket, and that does not entail hanging out in bars on Bangla Road. But maybe he was living quietly and this was his first night out on Bangla Road.......that would be funny and bad luck!  And it sounds like he had his fake passport with him.....so much for the police being a bunch of idiots here if they spotted a fake passport....sounds like a good job to me.

It just looks too easy to get away when you read this summary.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/09/15/14/35/aussie-nabbed-in-thailand-after-yrs-on-run

Gee, from NSW, fled to Thailand in 2011 after a co-defendant, also facing charges of involvement in the drug syndicate, provided detailed information to the Crown over Gee's alleged key role in the syndicate.

In 2006, Gee, along with Mark Norman Millard, Leslie Graham Richards, and Adrian Jeremy Brown, were arrested as part of a Drug Investigation Branch operation.

The Australian police operation had allegedly recovered cocaine and methamphetamines worth $1.2 million and $264,000 in cash.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

2 hours ago, xineohp said:

The cooperation between AFP and RTP is greater than most suppose. Frequently it comes as a surprise to some to find this out.

yep, the AFP do all the foot work and then hand them over to the RTP to do the rest .

4 hours ago, gregk0543 said:

It just looks too easy to get away when you read this summary.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/09/15/14/35/aussie-nabbed-in-thailand-after-yrs-on-run

Gee, from NSW, fled to Thailand in 2011 after a co-defendant, also facing charges of involvement in the drug syndicate, provided detailed information to the Crown over Gee's alleged key role in the syndicate.

In 2006, Gee, along with Mark Norman Millard, Leslie Graham Richards, and Adrian Jeremy Brown, were arrested as part of a Drug Investigation Branch operation.

The Australian police operation had allegedly recovered cocaine and methamphetamines worth $1.2 million and $264,000 in cash.

out on bail sounds like hehad a Thaijudge in australia, where is theoutrage boys if hehad been aThai you guys wouldbe going crazy

5 hours ago, Deli said:

would like to know how they knew that he was at this Bar at that certain moment... ??

Because he was one of the owners of the bar.  Not hard to find, he wasn't exactly hiding like the article suggests.  AFP are just a joke taking 4 years to work it all out and actually do something.

9 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Will he be immediately extradited, or will Thai justice get him for illegal entry, illegal stay, false passport etc.?

Love the look of the cops in the photos, glaring and scowling in one photo, in another the accusatory finger point, while in the last at the station posing for the photo op. Classic................

Muppets dont come cheap

8 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

I don't think so either, must be a fake like his passport.  Maybe another fugitive Pom.  Before you Poms jump on me I'm only joking. :gigglem: :wai:

I am sure he can trace his ancestors back to Milton Keynes or Sunderland or maybe even Crawley

Like wise 555555555555555

12 hours ago, Deli said:

would like to know how they knew that he was at this Bar at that certain moment... ??

The Australians have had undercover cops working here for a long time, and the US and a few other countries do as well.

12 hours ago, xerostar said:

The country will be so much safer now that this dangerous criminal is off the streets (NOT)

Authorities waste so much time and money chasing these guys instead of going after the real crims

he was a drug dealer is that not good enough.. Under your thinking they should just let him continue to live in Thailand? Please tell me at what law broken

is the line drawn?..stealing..armed robbery, murder??

13 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

I don't think so either, must be a fake like his passport.  Maybe another fugitive Pom.  Before you Poms jump on me I'm only joking. :gigglem: :wai:

Well actually pollybank gee is a traditional old English name..... well maybe in the last 2 years anyway.