Sourcing Agent for Sugar Cane Supplier

Dear All,

I'm in desperate need of a Sugar Cane Supplier or a Sourcing/Export Agent in Thailand. I tried to contact the chamber of commerce and searched online but I can only find tons of Sugar Suppliers.

Is there anyone who knows someone or has any Information for me?

Any Tips and Advice is very much appreciated. 

I'll be in Bangkok from 3.10. - 9.10.2016 and I would like to find a reliable Supplier.

Thanks ! 

11 minutes ago, Pacificperson said:

Have you done this before? As far as I know, raw cane is not usually exported. I can only imagine the phytosanitary problems.

No I have not. It is extremely difficult to find a supplier already.. I'm already scared for the challenges to come when we found a supplier 

Thailand is a long way from Europe. Raw cane is a low cost bulk product whose production is sometimes limited by the distance to the mill. I would guess that it is also perishable and has a limited shelf life. It is sold fresh in markets, I don't remember seeing it in frozen form in the market. Take a look at this: https://www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-store-raw-sugar-cane-stalks/

I would start my search in West Africa before I came to Thailand - lots of sugar and much shorter shipping times.

2 minutes ago, Pacificperson said:

Thailand is a long way from Europe. Raw cane is a low cost bulk product whose production is sometimes limited by the distance to the mill. I would guess that it is also perishable and has a limited shelf life. It is sold fresh in markets, I don't remember seeing it in frozen form in the market. Take a look at this: https://www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-store-raw-sugar-cane-stalks/

I would start my search in West Africa before I came to Thailand - lots of sugar and much shorter shipping times.

Thanks a lot for that source!

There is a possibility to increase the shelf life of sugar cane juice by using HPP. 

Will start to search for suppliers in Africa, too! Thanks for the hint.. I'm wondering whether the taste will differ significantly. I only know the taste of thai sugar cane juice