Reporting address within 24 hours of arrival

On 9/19/2016 at 6:04 AM, elviajero said:

I agree if entering with a re-entry permit, but if it's a visa entry (new entry) then it is supposed to be done every time.

The immigration officer in Chiang Mai told me back in November that it needs to be done every single time, even after a re-entry, but not necessarily within 24 hours. Shall I go report again when I re-enter, or is this just a waste of time? (I wouldn't want this to be an issue when I re-extend my yearly visa later this year.). Please advise!

Many years visiting Thailand on a ME O Visa and never done a TM30.

Last November I came on a Single Entry O Visa by mistake. Anticipating dealings with an Immigration Office for an extension my wife And I did a TM30 report at SONGKHLA City IO. without problem. They referred us to HAT YAI IO to apply for an extension Retirement/ Marriage. We went to HAT YAI IO two days later and appeared bemused/surprised we already had a TM30. On interview with the IO they recommended no Marriage/Retirement visa but 60 day Tourist visa from Penang which they would extend for 30 days to cover this visit. The I O mentioned specifically to obtain a new TM30 on retuning to Thailand to facilitate my 30 day extension.

On returning from Penang with an O visa instead of a 60 day Tourist visa no further dealings with HAT YAI IO is required but my wife still did a TM30 at Songkhla without me.

Unless you have to have dealings with IO for extensions who will Know or care about TM30. Back to ME O visas for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALAV said:

The immigration officer in Chiang Mai told me back in November that it needs to be done every single time, even after a re-entry, but not necessarily within 24 hours. Shall I go report again when I re-enter, or is this just a waste of time? (I wouldn't want this to be an issue when I re-extend my yearly visa later this year.). Please advise!

I would do what you were advised and report your return.

If you don’t report it won’t/shouldn’t stop a future extension, but they could fine you for failing to report.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ALAV said:

It's a sad matter of fact that this is being implemented differently between regional offices. If your office or an Imm officer there has told you to do it every time you re-enter, or return to your residence after being away, I would do that.  The likelihood is when you require some service from Immigration, they will check for a TM30 receipt, and take the opportunity to fine you for not having submitted one. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 12:04 PM, elviajero said:

I agree if entering with a re-entry permit, but if it's a visa entry (new entry) then it is supposed to be done every time.

I didn't know that I have the receipt if the last TM30 two years ago stapled in my passport, but not had an issue so far as was told if I owned my condo and was living there notification only once as no change (by io at Promenada)