any known reliable movers with pick-up / small truck?

siam2007

Hi all,

I was searching the forum but not a lot of info could be found. I need a pick-up or small truck and 2 people to move some furniture / and a lot of personal effects to Pattaya, and I would prefer someone from Pattaya rather than BKK (bad experiences in the past).

I learned there are many vehicles parked along Sukhumvit, obviously past the BigC towards Rayong, and sure I will have a look there within the next days, but then you still don't know which of those people do a good job, charge a reasonable amount and can be trusted, so I would appreciate if somebody could make a recommendation or share a personal recent experience. As well it would be preferred if there is somebody who can speak some basic English as my Thai is not good enough to discuss complicated topics.

Thanks for your input

I'm watching for replies, too.   Hoping for a recommendation of a crew (or just a truck and lone driver) that someone has used and feels comfortable recommending. I'll be moving in a few months.  Ideally would like two guys to do some heavy lifting.

A few years back, I needed to move a pickup truck load of stuff from Jomtien to Hua Hin, and didn't know where to start so just approached the "taxi" guys (sawng taew drivers) in the parking log of Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit.  They called a friend over who had a truck, and he worked out well, but it truly was a shot in the dark.  Would be nice to have a recommendation of a specific driver/crew and truck.

On 23/09/2016 at 3:39 AM, wpcoe said:

I'm watching for replies, too.   Hoping for a recommendation of a crew (or just a truck and lone driver) that someone has used and feels comfortable recommending. I'll be moving in a few months.  Ideally would like two guys to do some heavy lifting.

A few years back, I needed to move a pickup truck load of stuff from Jomtien to Hua Hin, and didn't know where to start so just approached the "taxi" guys (sawng taew drivers) in the parking log of Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit.  They called a friend over who had a truck, and he worked out well, but it truly was a shot in the dark.  Would be nice to have a recommendation of a specific driver/crew and truck.

actually I was exactly there yesterday while searching for such parked trucks / pick-ups along Sukhumvit, but did not see just one on a stretch of 3-4 KM. This might be probably due to the fact that a lot of construction work is going on there now. I saw those Taxi guys too at Tesco, but usually anything related to "Taxi" in Pattaya will most likely rip you off as much as possible.

Five years ago when I moved from Bkk to the darkside, I hired a guy and pickup parked on the corner of Khao Talo and Sukhumvit. He charged 3k per trip. Worked like a navvy, and was generally an all-round good bloke. Not sure he'd be there now, but that area is one place I think you can look to find someone suitable. Good luck with the move.

2 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Not sure if they're present in Pattaya, but look into Lalamove.   They're like Uber for man-with-a-van service.  I used them in Bangkok last year and would use them again.  

Looks like they're only in Bangkok, so far.  From their website FAQ:

Where does Lalamove deliver to?

Lalamove can now deliver to Bangkok and metropolis.

Some Farang are Cheap Charlie nd want to save money. Nothing wrong about saving money. But to let some Sukhumvit Pick-up Cowboys handle ones personal items. Never in my life. Get a proper moving company to do this. If any of these in Pattaya, I doubt. But plenty in BKK.

• 2 years later...

Archived