Chinese Gone?

digbeth

My Thai friend is a tour guide for the Chinese and today he is heading to the airport to pick up his 1st Chinese group in the past month he said. His tours are always split between BKK/Pattaya.  He mentioned he averaged anywhere from 3-5 groups / month since he started the job a year ago or more. He said all his guide friends have been the very same.

Edited by mushroomdave

On 9/21/2016 at 5:02 AM, DD13 said:

Oat Transport had 2135 buses impounded by the Government because of the zero dollar fiasco

another report said this has caused a drop of 60% in Chinese tourists

Oat Transprt (blue buses) were the main offenders for driving with their hazard warning lights constantly flashing......twits

So "Happy Safer Days" as far as I am concerned

+1,  yes the company is Oat transport,  they are based in Pattaya on the Darkside in a location just off the so call Railroad tracks.  I've too observed them on the road and in and around the town having a background in Transportation, in general some of the worse attitude drivers I've seen in Thailand.  Lately I've seen more Vans in the yard so like most things Chinese do, they adjust and go under ground until things cool off.

In my taxi last night from Phuket airport and my driver was talking about different nationalities in his car. He said the Chinese want to eat rice or other food in his beautifully clean Camry. So he has to tell them off. The people from the Middle East want to smoke in his taxi, so he tells them it will cost 5000 baht, and they say Fine, I have lots of money. At that point he said he stops and tells them to get out. I have noticed the masses of Chinese in Phuket, but didn't think the issues would be around food. I think we have to get used to them as there is another billion coming behind them, eventually.

Quality tourists?

Stats from the Tourism Department say that, Chinese vacationers tend to visit Thailand for about five days, and spend approximately THB1,000 daily on hotels, meals and transport.

http://pattayaone.news/en/tourism-council-announces-minimum-price-for-chinese-tourist-packages-be-1000-baht-per-day/

So let's get this right. The average Chinese tourist spends around £100 on the whole trip?

This is no surprise. Many of the groups seen on Walking Street looked like they were collected directly from the village and had barely a penny to their name. Spitting on the street. I don't begrudge them a holiday, but there was something definitely manufactured about the scene.

Clearly the Junta got more(and less at the same time) than for which they bargained when they went to China to appeal for tourists to make up the shortfall of higher spending Westerners.