Court sentences three Democrats for defaming Yingluck over Four Seasons Hotel scandal

webfact

Court sentences three Democrats for defaming Yingluck over Four Seasons Hotel scandal

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FvBHDhXBW0urFULlB0c7bCC

BANGKOK: -- The Appeals Court  today handed down a two-year suspended jail sentence and a 50,000 baht fine each on three former Democrat MPs for defaming former prime minister Ms Yingluck Shinawatra over the Four Season hotel scandal in 2012.

The verdict today was seen to uphold earlier ruling by the Criminal Court that sentenced the three Democrats to one year in prison, but the jail term was suspended for two years with reason that they had no criminal records in the past.

The three are former Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut, former Nakhon Si Thammarat MP Thepthai Senapong, and former Songkhla MP Sirichok Sopha.

The three defendants were sued by Ms Yingluck for defamation when they spoke during a “Blue Sky” satellite TV channel programme accusing the former premier for misconduct over a secret meeting with a businessman at Four  Season Hotel in Bangkok in 2012.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/court-sentences-three-democrats-defaming-yingluck-four-seasons-hotel-scandal/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-20

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

The government is trying to show that "Justice" is even handed here. Looks more like a double edged sword to me. 

Let me see, if they weren't sentenced a lot of members, probably including you, would have posted that Democrats are above the law and it is clear the army is in their camp.

Now that they have been sentenced, together with a few other cases where Democrats were sent to jail, it is all fake and glamour.

Ever considered spending time away from the forum?

Just now, Anthony5 said:

Let me see, if they weren't sentenced a lot of members, probably including you, would have posted that Democrats are above the law and it is clear the army is in their camp.

Now that they have been sentenced, together with a few other cases where Democrats were sent to jail, it is all fake and glamour.

Ever considered spending time away from the forum?

No I would miss you to much and yes they are above the law follow the leader dear boy. He has flip flopped back to the side of the junta again.  :partytime2: