My wife bought the Elvis Presley Lawn Mower Today in Buriram

kamalabob2

I was told this morning, that this week in Buriram there will be a technical representative of Briggs & Stratton and a sales woman for Troy Bilt | Wolfe Garten | Snapper and Tru Yard lawn mowers at a home & garden Expo. I did see a Tru Yard reel lawn mower powered by a Briggs & Stratton engine on display at this Isaan Home Building materials supplier. 
58e27ee9d6267_BuriramBriggsStrattonTroyBiltLawnMowerDeliveryThailand.JPG.13b752aa95f216ac41d60b88047a50d1.JPG

Hi, when and where is the Home and Garden expo?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week there is an  EXPO with power tools, lawn mowers, Garden Tools and home building supplies in Buriram at Ruangsangthai Builders Merchants Store. I've bought many items there. Mr. Pichai the owner speaks and understands English. Seemed enough staff to understand and speak English. My wife is keen to see the Thai singer on Saturday April 8th 2017. 

Buriram Crocodile Cement Skim Coat Tile Grount.JPG

Buriram Expat visit Home Building Materials Tool Expo.JPG

Buriram Isaan DeWALT Stanley Hitachi Bosch Tools.JPG

I bought a good old Kiwi Masport mulching mower in Australia recently. It has the Briggs and Stratton engine and copes with long, wet grass easily. The Flymo would not stand a chance. My mower cost $600 at Bunnings.

All the pundits on the Whirlpool forums swear by Honda mowers, they are expensive but must be the best.

Be careful of women with sharp instruments at the home building tool expo in Buriram. It is a stereotype that Isaan women only want to have a plot of land and relish the stability of a Farang who might build a home. A petrol chain saw within easy reach of a Thai woman may not always be the best idea in Buriram. 

Buriram Chain Saw Sales Repair Service.JPG

Buriram House Building Expo 2017.JPG

Buriram House Builder Expo Staff Women skilled  Workers.JPG

Buriram Home Tool Solar Power Expo Sale.JPG

How will I explain the scratches on the front hood of my Toyota Corolla? It seemed like a good idea to have a free hand car wash in Buriram today.. For those who go to this  Buriram Home Garden tool Expo do not be fooled by a free car wash from the Hyundai High pressure Washer sales lady. 

Buriram Full Body Soapy Hand Car Wash Female Staff.JPG

Buriram Soapy Body to Body Female Attendants.JPG

With Global House, Thai Watsadu, Home Mart and HomePro closing for a few days later this week for Songkran 2017 in Buriram I made my rounds of shopping today.  I watched as a Diesel 6hp Rototiller Cultivator was loaded by the Briggs & Stratton Engine repair service instructor for Isaan. The Thai man, Mr. Nop in the flowery shirt spoke to me in English. He told me the Briggs & Stratton service instructor in the Black shirt was to demonstrate the cultivator at the farm of the expat who bought the rototiller in Buriram at a family owned hardware store.

Buriram Thailand Diesel Garden Roto Tiller Cultivator Delivery Service.jpg

Edited by kamalabob2

• 1 month later...

I am trading in my Troy Bilt TB280ES self propelled lawn mower so my wife can mow her new larger lawn with the Troy Bilt Pony ride on garden tractor. I checked today and the Troy Bilt mower is manufactured in Martin, Tennessee and the grass catcher in the same country as Patron Tequilla. I confirmed the warranty details in English. I was offered a fair trade in price and I will post photos of the delivery of the new 17.5hp Troy Bilt ride on mower in Buriram at our new village house. This mower is more powerful and is larger than the 12hp MTD I priced at Global House. I checked reviews and feel more confident in a made in the USA Briggs & Stratton engine rather than Powermore brand. 

Thailand Troy Bilt Ride On Mower Garden Tractor Delivery.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My (and Thai wife's) experience here in Khonkaen with that shop in Buriram has been less than stellar.

1) Months back I tried to order a Makita cordless grass shear. Several phone calls, no luck ("we call you back" - never did.

2) Recently, we tried to get a price on Troybuilt, Honda (genuine), or Snapper self propelled mower.

First 3 calls not returned at all ("sorry I very busy")

English speaking person referenced on website ("not available")

When we finally did get a call returned -- they deliver only in Buriram, that we would need to transfer the funds and wait for the item to be crated and shipped by commercial delivery (at additional cost).

So much for "showing how to operate", service, parts, etc.

Kikster:  Did you phone 044-666-484 extension 117 on any Monday through Saturday and speak with a native English speaker OR did you have your wife speak Thai with a Thai store employee?  I have found getting a price works better with email, in person or to telephone and speak with a native English speaker at that Buriram Hardware Store. Makita 10.8 volt grass shear is not available on the KTW web site but is on Lazada as the Makita UM164DZ.  I believe you or your wife were misinformed about delivery from Ruangsangthai. The Ruangsangthai trucks  offer delivery to my friends in Maha Sarakham, Surin, Nakhon Ratchasima as well as Buriram if the order is of a certain value or there is a delivery fee paid. I've had building materials and furniture deliveries from Korat sent to my Buriram Home if the order was over 50,000 baht from Neo House Store.  A Honda HRJ216K2 or Troy Bilt or  Snapper lawn mower might not qualify for free delivery to Khon Kaen.  Jun Ishiwatari the manager of  Asian Honda Motor Co Ltd met with Mr. Bob a native English speaker, and the two owners of Ruangsangthai who also speak and understand English this past week. Every person in the attached photo speaks English. The Japanese manager of Honda does not speak Thai. I asked Mr. Pichai on Sunday and he was quite clear that Snapper self propelled lawn mowers, Honda HRJ216K2 lawn mower and the Troy Bilt battery start petrol mower are in boxes ready for immediate shipment the day they are paid on Thai Parcel for the cost of the shipping fee. He is familiar with Ego lawn mowers made by Chervon in China. There is no importer yet to Thailand of Chervon products and he cautioned me that parts are a challenge until a brand has an official importer who makes the investment in warranty service parts.  You might try to buy that highly rated battery lawn mower from an Australian dealer. http://chervon-na.com/en/what-we-do/our-brands/ego  He allowed me to post photos from his facebook page that clearly show lawn mowers in stock in the shipping cartons. Please post on Thai Visa if you find a dependable authorized seller of Ego battery powered garden equipment who will ship to Thailand. That brand is highly rated in consumer magazines in the UK and USA.  

Buriram Thailand Honda Lawn Mower Sales Delivery.JPG

Thailand Honda HRJ216 lawn mower delivery.jpg

Thailand Troy Bilt Self propelled Lawn Mower Delivery.JPG

In my opinion, this thread topic, and several long winded technical posts, are a clever advertisement for the hardware store concerned.

This store has been self promoting on the local expats forum for several months now, pushing hard on the wonderful virtues of their entire lawn mower range, compared to what the "fine" opposition offers.

Buriram expats will immediately recognise the similiar posting style.

Nothing wrong with advertising, and it is a very good hardware store, but sneaky advertorials like this irk me a bit.

1 hour ago, electric said:

In my opinion, this thread topic, and several long winded technical posts, are a clever advertisement for the hardware store concerned.

This store has been self promoting on the local expats forum for several months now, pushing hard on the wonderful virtues of their entire lawn mower range, compared to what the "fine" opposition offers.

Buriram expats will immediately recognise the similiar posting style.

Nothing wrong with advertising, and it is a very good hardware store, but sneaky advertorials like this irk me a bit.

If I could afford a Troy built ride on mower I would certainly expect to pay a delivery charge especially as I live about 400 km from Buriram.

In fact before I bought one I would ask for someone from the shop to come up to survey the land where it would be used and it would be at MY expense and not theirs.

Until I saw the original post back in September last year I had no idea that ride on mowers were available in Thailand.

I have about 3 or 4 rai to cut and at present I use a Honda petrol strimmer, and at 73 years old it is damn hard work.

The problem I have is that the area to be cut is not level and areas of it are full of rock and stones of all sizes. I would be concerned how much damage would be done to the mower and at that price I would like somebody to come up from the company to do a survey and give honest advice before laying out a large sum of cash.

Edited by billd766
correcting spelling mistakes

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

If I could afford a Troy built ride on mower I would certainly expect to pay a delivery charge especially as I live about 400 km from Buriram.

In fact before I bought one I would ask for someone from the shop to come up to survey the land where it would be used and it would be at MY expense and not theirs.

Until I saw the original post back in September last year I had no idea that ride on mowers were available in Thailand.

I have about 3 or 4 rai to cut and at present I use a Honda petrol strimmer, and at 73 years old it is damn hard work.

The problem I have is that the area to be cut is not level and areas of it are full of rock and stones of all sizes. I would be concerned how much damage would be done to the mower and at that price I would like somebody to come up from the company to do a survey and give honest advice before laying out a large sum of cash.

One argument in favour of a ride on mower in your situation is that with push mowers the blade is directly connected to the crankshaft.  If you hit a big rock with a push mower so that the engine stops dead it is possible to bend or break the crank.  With a ride on mower cheaper parts such as belts will slip or break in the same situation.

The Honda HRJ216 reduces the likelihood of damaging the crank by the use of swing back blades but the blades are hideously expensive.  For no obvious reason Honda Thailand charge six times the price of a blade in Australia and it is exactly the same part.

I have both a Honda ride on mower and the HRJ216.  The ride on is what I choose every time because of the climate here.  If we have workers around they use the HRJ216.  The HRJ216 is self propelled but it is still hard work to use because it weighs nearly 50kg.

I bought the Honda ride on as a used import from Japan and, IMO, doing that is way better than buying a machine such as the Troy Bilt or MTD machines seen in Thailand.  They are bottom of the range stuff priced at around 1000 bucks in the US whereas Honda ride ons are designed to last decades.

And finally (I think I said it earlier in this thread) avoid any ride on that has a Tuff Torq K46 transmission.  That trans is very common in low end US brand ride ons.  The K46 is very low quality and notorious for failing.