My wife bought the Elvis Presley Lawn Mower Today in Buriram

kamalabob2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Daughter and my wife took a break from mowing the lawn today. The woman in the September 20th photo is her niece who helps with household chores. I did price the Rover lawn mower on display at the Buriram Global House prior to driving to a family owned hardware store to compare genuine Troy Bilt and genuine Honda HRJ216 Lawn mowers. The Rover Lawn Mower sells for 25,760 baht at the Buriram Global House. I did not see any lawn mower repair service center at the Buriram Global House, Buriram Thai Watsadu or Buriram HomePro.  I did see four men repairing brush cutters, and lawn mowers at the family owned store with lower prices. I am not YET ready to trade my wife for the Ride On Lawn Mower. Tempted at times. 

Daughter and Wife take a break from mowing the lawn in Buriram.jpg

September 22 view from front balcony of our front yard.jpg

Edited by kamalabob2

I had several choices for self propelled lawn mowers in Buriram province Thailand. The Rover 20 inch lawn mower is for sale at 25,760 baht at the Buriram Global House. I could not test the lawn mower prior to purchase at this fine store. Hence my niece, my wife and i went to a Honda authorized dealer which is also a Troy Bilt and Briggs & Stratton authorized dealer. My wife and nice both did a test drive on the Troy Bilt electric start lawn mower prior to any purchase. I will post more photos of both lawns being cut with the self propelled grass mower once the rain stops in Buriram. Mr. Thai Bob was very helpful to our family as he has years of experience in the building trades and is bi-lingual. 

Rover Twenty Inch lawn Mower Global House Buriram.jpg

Twenty Inch Rover lawn Mower at Global House Buriram.jpg

Mr Thai Bob and Miss Earth Speak English and Thai with Niece in Buriram Hardware Store.jpg

20 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

brother in law brings around his lawn mowers twice a week. is quite satisfying knowing the grass is being put to good use.

buffalo.jpg

In the spirit of one upmanship, we have 7 cows on our green bit at present. I used to teach greensmen about lawns and grass!

lawn 1.JPG

lawn 2.JPG

3 hours ago, chiang mai said:

You wont find Flymo in Thailand, they don't sell them here, or anywhere else in Asia!

http://www.flymo.com/int/contact/#cm=default,promoboxes,contact

Depending on the size of your lawn and the even-ness plus any rocks or stones the hover mower should be OK. However I believe that the frame is plastic or similar and not as strong as a steel frame. Hover mowers come in electric and gasoline powered models.

3 hours ago, Paul Laycock said:

Chiangmai, disagree, try an Internet search on Flymo Thailand/Bangkok, last time I looked they could be found.

I did, that was why I posted the web site for Flymo International, they don't sell their product here. But you can buy hover mowers, not flymo however.

According to Wikipedia:

Rover Mowers shut down its Australian manufacturing plant in Eagle Farm Queensland on 1 April 2007. Lawnmower production has commenced from their manufacturing plant in China.  I contacted the listed Flymo distributor in Bangkok and they were quite clear they no longer were dealing in Flymo lawn mowers. I did not see any listed on the official web site for  flymo 

http://www.flymo.com/int/contact/#cm=default,promoboxes,contact

23 hours ago, cooked said:

In the spirit of one upmanship, we have 7 cows on our green bit at present. I used to teach greensmen about lawns and grass!

lawn 1.JPG

lawn 2.JPG

I'd rather cut it and give to cows and buffs.Don't like the cow paddock look in front of the house and hard for the kids to play soccer.

On 23/09/2016 at 6:35 PM, Familyonthemove said:

In 1969 Elvis released "And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind"

Hope that's not the real reason for the Elvis photos? :sad:

The Elvis photo is part of the instructions;- when it chucks a blade it will be "All shook up".:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

I'd rather cut it and give to cows and buffs.Don't like the cow paddock look in front of the house and hard for the kids to play soccer.

Keeping the bovines means they might not be able to play soccer but at least the kids  "could go through the motions".       Sorry. An old one but a good one. :post-4641-1156694572:

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:59 PM, augustwest said:

My wife was using the Honda and its powered from the rear wheels,great for going up hills. She tripped and fell and didn't let go and was dragged for 10 feet. I did all the mowing after that stunt!

Smart lady..

I did indeed buy an Elvis Troy Bilt mower at Ruangsangthai. Outstanding machine. It cuts through the wild grass with no problem. The variable speed self propelled function works great so cutting overgrown area like a walk in the park. Couple that with one of the many models of brush cutter Ruangsangthai has in stock and you are ready to tackle any lawn job. And for those hard to reach places you like to keep trim Ruangsangthai offers the bump feed string cutter attachment for the brush cutter. Happy trimming!

The Elvis Presley Troy Bilt Lawn Mower has gone on the Highway 2229 tour in Buriram province. I noted who else is in the truck with Elvis. Not the peanut butter and banana sandwich. So far my wife is enthusiastic operating the self propelled lawn mower. Today she realized how the self cleaning deck hose attachment works. 

Elvis Troy Bilt Lawn Mower on Tour in truck bought at Buriram Toyota.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2016 at 8:59 PM, augustwest said:

My wife was using the Honda and its powered from the rear wheels,great for going up hills. She tripped and fell and didn't let go and was dragged for 10 feet.

Not an uncommon accident...

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Lawnmower-Pulls-Man-Across-Grass.gif

Edited by Morakot

11 hours ago, Morakot said:

Not an uncommon accident...

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Lawnmower-Pulls-Man-Across-Grass.gif

With the Honda if you let go of the bars the engine stops and the clutch disengages.

It is covered in the owner's manuals, one Thai language and one English, which come with the machine.

Edited by In the jungle

• 5 months later...

The sales manager, based in Australia of Rover lawn Mowers, Club Cadet zero turn mowers, Troy Bilt Ride on mowers, Wolf Garten Electric mowers was in Buriram on Wednesday to meet with the owner of a family owned hardware store where I bought my wife a Troy Bilt key start petrol lawn mower. The sales manager spoke English, but not Thai. He was quite clear where certain models are manufactured by MTD which is based in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.  Spare parts and warranty repair service was part of my brief conversation with Mr. Ken Song and Mr. Nic Ni of MTD.  The only other retail location these men visited in Thailand was the corporate headquarters of Global House  where they sell entry level made in China Rover push and self propelled mowers.  I made it a point to get the business cards of these two men should I want to check on a Club Cadet zero turn lawn mower in the  distant future. So far my wife is 100% satisfied with the Elvis model made in Tupelo, Mississippi of Troy Bilt. 

MTD Asia Rover Troy Bilt Lawn Mower Chipper Buriram Thailand.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I was told this morning, that this week in Buriram there will be a technical representative of Briggs & Stratton and a sales woman for Troy Bilt | Wolfe Garten | Snapper and Tru Yard lawn mowers at a home & garden Expo. I did see a Tru Yard reel lawn mower powered by a Briggs & Stratton engine on display at this Isaan Home Building materials supplier. 

Buriram Briggs Stratton Troy Bilt Lawn Mower Delivery Thailand.JPG