My wife bought the Elvis Presley Lawn Mower Today in Buriram

kamalabob2

This Tuesday Morning my wife and her adult niece drove from the Isaan village to Buriram to purchase a petrol lawn mower. We just had troubles getting genuine Bosch lawn mower parts in a timely fashion from Robert Bosch in Bangkok. My wife checked the Honda HRJ216 self propelled lawn mower that is the only genuine Honda lawn mower sold in Thailand. Less costly and far easier for her to start was the made in the USA Troy Bilt electric start mulching lawn mower. The Thai staff of this hardware store took the time to explain in Thai to my wife and her niece, and to me in English how the lawn mower operates. The Elvis Presley photo was in reference to Tupelo, Mississippi where Elvis was born and the Troy Bilt lawn mower is assembled. The two year warranty was one of the reasons I bought this lawn mower for my wife in Buriram. I'll post on how this lawn mower tolerates village grass.  

Niece from Buriram Village picks up Troy Bilt Electric Start Self propelled Lawn Mower Tuesday Morning.jpg

Troy Bilt Two Year Warranty on Elvis Presley Tupelo Mississippi in Isaan Thailand.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, augustwest said:

My wife was using the Honda and its powered from the rear wheels,great for going up hills. She tripped and fell and didn't let go and was dragged for 10 feet. I did all the mowing after that stunt!

Reminds of the time I was using a diesel rotavator, cranked it up, released the clutch..... it shot backwards, nearly ate my feet. I realised what was going on when I noticed exhaust fumes chugging out of the air filter.

Tuesday afternoon my wife cut the proper Malaysia grass sod lawn at my small Buriram home with the grass catcher attached. She took the Troy Bilt Lawn Mower in mulching mode to her Buriram Village Plot of land which currently has an 800,000 baht one bedroom, one bathroom home with an attached tool shed. The grass is not sod, is not level. This grass was too hard on the Bosch electric lawn mower. This grass is no match for the Troy Bilt petrol electric start lawn mower. I can not comment about the Hound Dog.  So far the Troy Bilt has been a proper lawn mower worth the Thai baht I paid in Buriram. I received a discount for cash from the posted price. It was thousands of baht less than the fine Honda HRJ216 self propelled lawn mower. 

Elvis Presley Hound Dog in Isaan Village Thailand.jpg

Troy Bilt self propelled lawn mower makes cutting village grass a breeze.jpg

Troy Bilt Lawn Mower in 800,000 baht Buriram Village House with tool shed attached.jpg

I've had a couple of petrol powered mowers here, an Asagate and a Euroe. Both had Briggs and Straton engines which were super reliable and very durable, too bad the chasis's weren't the same way since they kept breaking at various points. Despite making support brackets and welding broken parts, both reached a point where they couldn't be fixed any longer even though the engines were in tip top nick! I'm hoping the Troy Bilt chasis is more durable than its competitors.

1 hour ago, Paul944 said:

Is it not easier to have one you can sit on it and just drive? Or buy a goat?

If you can afford it, then the sit on and ride mowers are the best if you have a large area to cut and if the surface is reasonably flat and clear of rocks, stones, bottles, cans and barbed wire.

Typo on my part. The Village House my wife built cost 300,000 in building materials and local labor. on top I paid for the Samsung a/c unit, water pump, water tanks, and vinyl raid gutters. 800,000 could pay for a far more beautiful home in Buriram province. The lawn mower did a fine job today. 

On 9/21/2016 at 9:31 PM, billd766 said:

If you can afford it, then the sit on and ride mowers are the best if you have a large area to cut and if the surface is reasonably flat and clear of rocks, stones, bottles, cans and barbed wire.

and mines.