How to get into my Ford EcoSport with dead battery

GoDucks

Is there a key slot on your drivers door? I know you say that there is no key, where did it go? I don't know about the whole "Dealer Master Key" and I have no idea what service to call that can break in to your car for you. Typically a door jam wedge and slim-jim will get you in. In the mean time I would really try and locate that key. 

Also there is this:

Note: You can unlock the driver's door withthe key. Use the key when the remotecontrol is not functioning.Note: When you lock your vehicle forseveral weeks, the remote control will beswitched off. Your vehicle must be unlockedand the engine started using the key.Unlocking and starting your vehicle once willenable the remote control.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/665260/Ford-Ecosport-2013.html?page=37

Edited by Strange

5 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

From the above link, "Awesome find, Ive had this car for 8 months and had no idea!"

So the OP shouldn't worry about any loss of face... unless they've had their Ecosport longer than 8 months.

Thanks for the responses.  Especially the PDF of the Owners manual--I asked for one in English when I bought the car and never got one.

So now I have found rthe key hidden in the fob and hopefully it will start--or at least I can get access to the battery.

I will throw this in for other cars , normally you can get to the starter from under the car , 

jump the hot lead cable of the starter to the + on the battery or a battery charger , and ground the other negative side to the chassis

I have charged my car battery this way before when I could not get the front hood open to get to the cars battery

25 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

result: car started immediately, and probably only a weak battery in the remote. Didn't stop the Ford bashers from teeing off though. 

In all truth - the Ford afflictionados are usually among the first to bash anything that remotely compromises their belief systems......

45 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

result: car started immediately, and probably only a weak battery in the remote. Didn't stop the Ford bashers from teeing off though. 

I changed the fob battery at 6 years.......It is a service item on any ride....:stoner:

BUT, do not dismiss the fact that your entry system may have a problem...

Edited by transam

1 hour ago, transam said:

I changed the fob battery at 6 years.......It is a service item on any ride....:stoner:

True, fob batteries should last forever. I haven't had a single issue with my Ecosport fob battery in 2.5 years of ownership (which I would expect), nor any other issues. 

1 hour ago, transam said:

It might have been a low voltage programming problem....Once voltages & signal transmission restored all could be OK....

Some programs do lose capabilities below certain voltage parameters.....But return to full function after adaptive strategies.... 

In the Ford Ecosport manual 

Unlocking the Doors
Note: You can unlock the driver's door with
the key. Use the key when the remote
control is not functioning.

Note:When you lock your vehicle for
several weeks, the remote control will be
switched off. Your vehicle must be unlocked
and the engine started using the key.
Unlocking and starting your vehicle once will
enable the remote control.

3 hours ago, keemapoot said:

If you had read the thread you would have found it had nothing to do with a weak battery in the remote.

But that didn't stop you teeing off bashing tv members for their helpful comments.

Very confused as you thought the battery was dead so got the jumper cables, surely you must have got into the vehicle to have made that assumption. Or was the fact that doors did not open lead you to suspect a flat battery? Which should leave you with a red face but it is a Ford so you probably still have an embarassed look from the purchase of it lol

On 9/23/2016 at 2:41 PM, HooHaa said:

sigh, and still you are allowed to drive.

Yes the great thing about TV is that thee are people who are willing to help.  The bad thing is people who are not interested in ehlping and just need to type something.

For those who helped, thanks for the help.  I would have never found the hidden key inside the fob without you.

2 hours ago, GoDucks said:

Yes the great thing about TV is that thee are people who are willing to help.  The bad thing is people who are not interested in ehlping and just need to type something.

For those who helped, thanks for the help.  I would have never found the hidden key inside the fob without you.

That's why the motoring forum is here and prospers....:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, RT85 said:

wonder if that trick with the tennis ball actually works..

hahaha..

oh yes.. most 'keyless' entry have the metal key inside..

It works on the old central locking systems that used a vacuum system to enable central locking. It won't work on any of the new electronic systems.that manufacturers use today.