Big new market between Buakhao and Second.

thaibeachlovers

Walked past the new construction under progress and thought it was a new barbeer complex. However, a market is just as ridiculous as a new barbeer complex that size. Unless they are planning to eliminate the Made in Thailand market and all the others, it is just another load of stalls selling cheap crap and Pattaya has far too many markets already.

BTW, every attempt to start businesses in that area has failed. The remains of those projects can be seen on the north side.

Perhaps it is a scheme to convince locals that if they rent a stall they can make loadsacash. The only people that will make loadsacash are the owners renting the stalls out.

Would be interesting to know what they plan. Everything they started the last 15 years failed in no-time. Already 8 of the sales-tents and a fast-food joint cum pick-up truck, in front of the property along Bouakao,  closed after just a few weeks. Rents said to be just below 15 K. for a few sqm / size of tent. Now a new hot-dog "palace and beer complex / pub has been opened. Gotta sell tons of hot dogs or 50 Baht beers.....55555....Anybody knows what else they plan?  Who would sit and eat along the polluted Bouakao in the middle of diesel fumes? Must be nuts these old guys, coughing their lungs out already.....The only places doing business are the ones who sell beer & Songserm at ridiculous prices to the local drunkards, it seems. During high season it will pick up for a few months. Why would anybody open a business in an area where turnover is huge. Plenty of suckers ready to loose their savings to impress their ladies or friends? Only the old pros keep doing just OK. But there seem to be  MS>

So it begins.

TVF Poster New Construction Syndrome with the NO NEED rule applied again to somebody else's investment & business.

Sigh.

Well, maybe you'll later find that you (cough) "underestimated" something as you did most famously with your dire prophecy of the CentralFestival Pattaya Beach mall bankruptcy developed by that "stupid" Central Pattana PLC. :)

Or maybe not. Who cares? But we'd do better with just a reporting of the facts without the usual doom predictions to go with them.

23 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Great news! Pattaya is in dire need of more t-shirt and luggage vendors. There are some areas in town where you have to walk at least 10 yards before finding one.

In the gutter.....

There are also too may big Malls and more under construction.

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

So it begins.

TVF Poster New Construction Syndrome with the NO NEED rule applied again to somebody else's investment & business.

Sigh.

Well, maybe you'll later find that you (cough) "underestimated" something as you did most famously with your dire prophecy of the CentralFestival Pattaya Beach mall bankruptcy developed by that "stupid" Central Pattana PLC. :)

Or maybe not. Who cares? But we'd do better with just a reporting of the facts without the usual doom predictions to go with them.

I was waiting for you to turn up with your "everything is fine in Pattaya" mantra.

No doubt you would have been saying the previous large barbeer construction on the same area was bound to be a success, but you will find not a trace of it left. It just never attracted enough customers to be viable, and was torn down. The remains of a later barbeer complex can be seen on the north side of the open space. No doubt you would have been predicting it to be a wonderful place to hang out when it was open, but it failed too.

The pity of it is that that area would have made a great multi purpose park, where they could have held concerts and had shady places to relax with a picnic. It could have been an asset to the public life in Pattaya, but of course that is a no starter when they can be making rents off suckers stall holders. I pity the stall holders though, as they will be competing with hundreds of stalls selling exactly the same cheap stuff as they will be. Yes Pattaya needs more T shirt stalls much more than it needs a park.

I checked out the 3 palatial hotels off 2nd near Ruen Thai, and though they look absolutely amazing with enormous lobbies, the thing that struck me was how devoid of customers they are, like no one visible in the lobby! I hope the owners have deep pockets while they wait for the rush of high value customers queuing up to stay in Pattaya.

However, some on here think it's just fine to have lots of new buildings, regardless if they are profitable or not.

As for Central, I doubt you know if the shop renters are making a profit, though I'm sure the Central company is doing just fine.

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

Just a new stop for Chinese buses perhaps?

I doubt it, as it will be open air. I hope not as no parking for lots of buses anywhere in that area, and only narrow entrance up the Skaw Beach soi, or off Buakhao.

The Mike shopping mall pretty much has the package tour business sewn up.

shady places to relax with a picnic. I can recommend a few shady places if you are interested; not sure if they do picnics though.

I'm not too fussed either way if someone is building a new development as to whether it fails or succeeds. It's not being built with my money. That said, I do wish all new businesses well and I would imagine some degree of market research has gone into the project before a spade is put in the ground. Pattaya is a growing city and needs more shops, hotels, schools, roads, hospitals, etc, etc, etc and it's generally the way that the likes of us on this forum don't get to have any say how said works are prioritised. A few more green and pleasant places would not go amiss.

43 minutes ago, champers said:

shady places to relax with a picnic. I can recommend a few shady places if you are interested; not sure if they do picnics though.

I'm not too fussed either way if someone is building a new development as to whether it fails or succeeds. It's not being built with my money. That said, I do wish all new businesses well and I would imagine some degree of market research has gone into the project before a spade is put in the ground. Pattaya is a growing city and needs more shops, hotels, schools, roads, hospitals, etc, etc, etc and it's generally the way that the likes of us on this forum don't get to have any say how said works are prioritised. A few more green and pleasant places would not go amiss.

Pattaya NEEDS a multi purpose park and that would have been excellent. Closing off Beach Rd for concerts is no longer a good idea.

What Pattaya does not need is a whole lot more hawker stalls selling the same cheap crap as a thousand stalls already do.