Pattaya Hell’s Angels Attack – The other side to the story

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

The Angel's I've known operated prostitution and drug rings. To try to do a similar thing on Thai turf would be suicide. Only a stupid Angel would try.

Luckily they are not real one's then aye.

Edited by Don Mega

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

You've obviously never known any real Hell's Angels.

I wonder if any old codger with a scooter can join?

What are the requirements to join the Pattaya Hell's Angels?

Re. the emboldened part (my emboldening), back in my UK  'house-sharing' period when I was young - a Hell's Angel moved into one of the rooms.  (Long story.....)

As it turned out, he was a very gentle person - albeit also very stupid.

Perhaps he was lying about being a Hell's Angel?  I doubt it as he really was too stupid to lie convincingly.  Admittedly, this was a long time ago, but I think that back in those days (and possibly even nowadays?) the vast majority of Hell's Angels were just part of a 'club' that were prepared to do disgusting  things - in the sense of drinking beer from an ashtray full of cigarette stubs.....

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

In this country, if you're a foreigner involved in a road accident a fist fight of money

dispute with the locals, you're the culprit and to you're to blame, never mind the true details,

you're guilty of what ever has gone wrong and you're expected to make amend and pay,

This is why, one is wise to disengage and keep away from any involvements with the locals

even though his 100% right and or his blood are boiling for just action.....

3 minutes ago, Ridler said:

What a load of rubbish you talk. If a that person does something and you go to the police then police will take the side that is right. They won't just take the side of the Thai because he is Thai. 

Insometimes wonder where people hear these stories or if they just sit at home making them up 

Yes and no, in my experience.

Shortly after first arriving here we were involved in an accident that was clearly the fault of the other driver.  The police were very nice, but also pointed out that we had insurance and if we took it to court it would cost a lot of money.....

On the other hand, a couple of years later my ex--husband hit a Thai riding a scooter.  Husband stopped and called the police who arrived, and accepted that the Thai was on the wrong side of the road and clearly either pissed or under the influence of drugs.

With regards the so called protected/private parking spots outside shops. If I see a spot that is not blocked by a plastic chair or a garbage bin or whatever then I will park my car, usually without problem. However, sometimes the shopkeeper will come out and tell me I can not park there, so I simply ask to see the 'chanote' (land title deed) to that spot. That always stumps them and they usually just turn around and walk away.

I then sit there for a few minutes before moving off, as I do not want my car damaged if I go off and leave it there.

3 hours ago, alofthailand said:
3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

In the U.K. Any obstruction of the Queen's highway, which extends across the whole of the foot ways and the road between them is an offence. There is no implied right to park or set up shop in this space which is what keeps pavements and gateways clear and parking sensible. Adoption of this practice in Thailand and practical enforcement would solve most traffic problems in cities overnight. Chances of it happening, zero!

Yes it would be wonderful if Thailand was the same as the UK and all Thai were the same as the British! ' Queens Highway- pathetic!

No it wouldn't be wonderful if Thailand was the same as the UK . Most of us go to Thailand to get away from the political and controlling bullshit of the UK ... TIT = This Is Thailand ... Long time travellers to this wonderful land know the rules, if you break the rules you are wrong no matter what and you will have to pay, even the Thais themselves know where they can and can't park, sadly most foreigners are pig ignorant and think they can do as they please!! At least Thailand says Thais are right no matter what contrary to the UK where the English are wrong no matter what ... Accept the rules or don't go ... Simple!!

6 hours ago, Dodgydownunder said:

Love the way most of the gutless Thais ran away when they saw what they were up against. Lol. Credit to Thai Visa for publishing the other side of the story too.

Oh,  so the video showing 3 big thugs kicking the shit out of 1 skinny Thai guy has been doctored right? 

Just now, red roger said:

Oh,  so the video showing 3 big thugs kicking the shit out of 1 skinny Thai guy has been doctored right? 

I agree, those kicking the Thai were as bad as those Thais kicking foreigners that we read about so often (and sometimes see the videos).  For some reason those foreigners usually end up in hospital for a while, whilst this guy didn't seem to be hurt too badly.

But this thread is about the other side of the story to that told by the Thais involved - namely, a truck drove into his scooter, didn't stop/they chased him to talk about it/a number of foreigners came out of the truck and attacked one of them as the rest (as per the video) ran away quickly enough.

The alternative story (as per the OP) makes far more sense to me - albeit I agree with a previous poster that the driver of the truck probably made a rude gesture or shoved one of those demanding that he couldn't park there.

In this country, if you're a foreigner involved in a road accident a fist fight of money

dispute with the locals, you're the culprit and to you're to blame, never mind the true details,

you're guilty of what ever has gone wrong and you're expected to make amend and pay,

This is why, one is wise to disengage and keep away from any involvements with the locals

even though his 100% right and or his blood are boiling for just action.....

I really believe this 'farang is always to blame' is a myth.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, bsdthai said:

All these thais involved should be lined up for a smackdown. This thai behavior is disgraceful. Embarassing for thais not to mention illegal to be holding carspots and terrorizing like this i was reading recently. I suffered in phuket the same fate. I unknowingly parked in a taxi spot completely unmarked. Idiots blocked me in with mm to spare either side. I had my wife and 1yr old son. I should have known better but i was pissed. I shimmied down the taxis window i think breaking it, took the handbrake off hit nuetral and pushed the taxi out the way with incredible force surprisingly so mostlikely hit something down the road. The thais went for my wifes car door and were basically going for my son and were trying to drag them out the car so i i did a fake gun manouver (nolonger needed) to get them to rethink for a moment for me to plant my foot. I have lived in 10houses in 12 years. I have loads of stories. Things arent balancing out now though. Might be time to leave this lazy selfinsh zenophobic country.

You were drunk with wife and kid in the vehicle too, shame on u

Two things come to mind for me...had these guys annoyed the local Thai boys at an earlier time? Or maybe encroached on their turf in some way? For sure farang 'gangs' and 'mafia' of whatever flavour, throwing their weight about, treating Thailand like they own it, have come up against the wrath of local groups with similar intentions....has this happened here I wonder?

Secondly...with regard to comments about fairness to farang here; the one motor vehicle accident I've had (in Chiang Mai), when I was hit in the rear nearside by a Thai lady turning into a main road from as small soi, had a favourable outcome. The lady blamed me for some completely illogical reason, but both Police and the insurance assessor were on my side. Eventually her hubby turned up (also Thai) and said he could see  she was a fault, and that was the end of it. Her insurance paid.

1 hour ago, fish monger said:

Hells Angels, not wearing their 'colors' riding around in a pickup truck....LOL I don't think so....!

The video clearly shows them wearing colours and as a matter of fact most of them in the UK rarely ride their bikes unless going to an event. Called keeping a low profile as they dont want the publicity

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

How many fall for them?

Strange question. Im sorry your lifes not so eventfull. Its not a pleasant thing and wouldnt wish such on anyone. lifes too short. With regards to similarities to the HA situation IT does happen to others frequentley enough and most stories are taxi related as far as i see. Its nothing new. This particular incident i speak of happened on karon beach out the front of the little copy dvd place. Police reports filed early 2013. Apparently a constant issue then.

2 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

I really believe this 'farang is always to blame' is a myth.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Its true....

4girls, 2bikes 2up rode straight in front of me to cross the road without looking. I had slowed when i saw them chitchatting from 100 to about 80 and just hit the bar on her bike even though i had swerved and now on the other side of the road yet still no over shoulder looking. Foot and hand got crushed. Everyone ran over and said it was me, my fault, etc and it was very intimidating with people screaming, family crying all with me in there crosshairs. They had a police box and cameras that didnt work. My wife is tough so we got out of it after she started question everything. They were asking for money, got there local drunk family lawyer in at the police station to basically demand it and we told them to go to hell. I bought the girl flowers and wrote an inspirational letter and had it sent to the hospital and i fixed my car.

Did i mention she who was a 14yr old with no license was going to buy cigarette's for her dad. Pathetic....

No mirrors also but whonneeds thenif you dont look. If all goes wrong. Blam the farang and hope to get money

Its not myth. It does happen. I guess im to blame because its not my country. 

16 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Its true....

4girls, 2bikes 2up rode straight in front of me to cross the road without looking. I had slowed when i saw them chitchatting from 100 to about 80 and just hit the bar on her bike even though i had swerved and now on the other side of the road yet still no over shoulder looking. Foot and hand got crushed. Everyone ran over and said it was me, my fault, etc and it was very intimidating with people screaming, family crying all with me in there crosshairs. They had a police box and cameras that didnt work. My wife is tough so we got out of it after she started question everything. They were asking for money, got there local drunk family lawyer in at the police station to basically demand it and we told them to go to hell. I bought the girl flowers and wrote an inspirational letter and had it sent to the hospital and i fixed my car.

Did i mention she who was a 14yr old with no license was going to buy cigarette's for her dad. Pathetic....

No mirrors also but whonneeds thenif you dont look. If all goes wrong. Blam the farang and hope to get money

Dashcam?

6 hours ago, Johnniey said:

What are the requirements to join the Pattaya Hell's Angels?

Reckon if you have a Ardley Ablesom - your in! Getting embarrassing having only the pick up truck!

Fat and bald with a bad taste in clothing - your the man!

& No I wouldn't say this F2F as I have a small backbone :stoner:

7 hours ago, alofthailand said:

Yes it would be wonderful if Thailand was the same as the UK and all Thai were the same as the British! ' Queens Highway- pathetic!

Oh dear. Another poster jealous of British common sense. Aw shucks, why didn't we think these rules up? 

And the nationality of the 3 thugs kicking the little Thai kid while he was on the ground was........? 

44 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Its true....

Thats not because you were 'the farang'... its simply because you were in the car... perceived as being wealthier and thus a potential payout was on the table... Thai's get treated the same every day in very similar accidents. 

1 hour ago, bsdthai said:

Its true....

Nah, if you hit a bike it's generally seen as your fault in Thailand, same for everyone, that is why truck drivers have finished them off after accidents by reversing back over them, cheaper if they are dead.

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats not because you were 'the farang'... its simply because you were in the car... perceived as being wealthier and thus a potential payout was on the table... Thai's get treated the same every day in very similar accidents. 

Your partially right. Depends on perspective i guess but yes It does happen to wealthy thais. Very common. However i was driving a base model beaten up bt50, not rich, and dont look rich. The stereotype is farang=rich regardless of material things i think. Most thais i know will agree with this therefore its naturally the farangs fault then if there to pay as the $ is most important i guess.

Flip side is i had a car destroyed by scaffolding flying off a pickup in front of me who were workers for a wealthy building supplies store and no licence and the pickup not fit for anyroad. After 4years i managed to get just 5000thb from insurance. i traded in the car immediately for a new because it wasnt driveable. So i guess the rich thai dont seem to pay the farang. They pay the bib to speak @#$& and waste time until you hopefully give up.

9 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

When they say "credible evidence" they actually mean "the bikers said", having a smashed up truck says nothing about the order of events.

Yet you draw the conclusion that they mean testimony from the bikers. Do you even see the irony and bigotry in your post, or are you too obsessed with proclaiming that Thailand is wonderful and that every person saying anything not positive about the place are Thai bashers.

Too late to wake up and smell the coffee, but you can always try again tomorrow morning.

Edited by Sirbergan

38 minutes ago, Sirbergan said:

Yet you draw the conclusion that they mean testimony from the bikers. Do you even see the irony and bigotry in your post, or are you too obsessed with proclaiming that Thailand is wonderful and that every person saying anything not positive about the place are Thai bashers.

Too late to wake up and smell the coffee, but you can always try again tomorrow morning.

Yes, it is my assumption that Bangkokjack is reporting on their testimony, you might care to note that they do not give a source, only an assertion that it is "credible" hardly the mark of credible journalism let alone evidence.

There is neither irony nor bigotry in my post, nor have I proclaimed anything about Thailand or Thai people, all I stated was that this is not credible evidence, and it is not.  The bikers could easily have had their bike smashed after they beat the kid in the video, how are we to know, just because BangkokJack says so?  Really?