What about Preecha’s son, Yingluck asks PM Prayut

webfact

POLITICS

What about Preecha’s son, Yingluck asks PM

ANAPAT DEECHUAY
THE NATION 

30296180-01_big.jpg

Prayut has no objection to NACC probe into nephew's contracts as ex-premier urges him to avoid double standards

BANGKOK: -- FORMER PREMIER Yingluck Shinawatra has urged Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to enforce the law fairly and avoid double standards in treating cases against her and those against a son of General Preecha Chan-o-cha, the premier's younger brother.

Yingluck earlier said there were 15 criminal and civil liability lawsuits against her, including those concerning her government's rice-pledging scheme. 

Preecha's son is facing corruption allegations concerning a number of construction contracts awarded by the Army.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/What-about-Preechas-son-Yingluck-asks-PM-30296180.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-26

38 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Got to love the hiso, rich and powerful who accuse each other of doing exactly what they did and will again given the opportunity.

True, but hey, it does but a lot of pressure on cha cha, he wouldn't  dare have yingluck arrested. Like her, or hate her, Thailand needs powerful people to pressure the unelected cha cha.

Just now, Rorri said:

True, but hey, it does but a lot of pressure on cha cha, he wouldn't  dare have yingluck arrested. Like her, or hate her, Thailand needs powerful people to pressure the unelected cha cha.

I'm old fashioned I'm afraid and I like pressure to come from credible opposition sources not a like on like squabble in the sandbox.

3 minutes ago, Rorri said:

That's why Prayuth routinely brings up the boogey man, he needs him to keep himself strong

2 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I'm old fashioned I'm afraid and I like pressure to come from credible opposition sources not a like on like squabble in the sandbox.

I do agree, but where in Thailand would you find someone pure enough, strong enough and untouchable to stand up to cha cha.

Just now, Rorri said:

I do agree, but where in Thailand would you find someone pure enough, strong enough and untouchable to stand up to cha cha.

Unfortunately I've got too much on at the moment.  :biggrin:

In all seriousness I think it will be easier to find the Holy Grail than to find someone who actually fits the bill as the system isn't really set up for someone outside the same old tired political merry go round plus a military man every few years.

"On Yingluck's cases, Prayut denied that his government had "bullied" the ex-premier as alleged by Yingluck in aFacebook post. Prayut said his government would be violating Article 157 of the Criminal Code if there were malfeasance in cases against her."

However, Section 44 gives us (the junta) total immunity against any such charges.  My words, not his, but I am sure a similar phrase will be uttered in the near future. As that is why Section 44 was used in this case, nothing to do with the statute of limitations. Smoke and mirrors.

31 minutes ago, Rorri said:

You can't. Thanks to the plethora of laws prohibiting free speech, no one is untouchable; so those who are pure enough and strong enough to not only stand up to the general, but defend free speech on all matters, aren't in Thailand.

It's all quite convenient when one controls an illegitimate "government."

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

just to put this into perspective, we are comparing tendered for contracts  to the value of 20m baht I believe - to the rampant pillage and thieving of trillions of baht over several decades

Oh, so this type of corruption/nepotism is ok, besides, please keep to this story, it's not about anything else.

16 minutes ago, smedly said:

just to put this into perspective, we are comparing tendered for contracts  to the value of 20m baht I believe - to the rampant pillage and thieving of trillions of baht over several decades

No, you and a few others are comparing that.

Everyone else is comparing YL's general incompetence and other peoples' thieving (she hasn't been found to have personally thrived or profited in any way, remember) to Preecha's son's firm "winning" seven projects with the 3rd Army Region between December 2014 and April this year worth a combined 97 million baht. Allegations that Preecha admitted occurred.

25 minutes ago, smedly said:

No'p yet again smedly you are wrong.  The contracts are for 155 million baht  not 20 million as you would like to have others believe...

I suspect all the paperwork has been made to look like it is in order so as there will be no problem.

But many would also suspect that deal's in boardrooms were done off the record which the norm for the LOS...

As for the PM's brother having been caught with million's of baht of the military budget in his bank account and when questioned regarding it, what was his answer???  I'm just looking after it.  In some countries that would be called embezzlement.

1 hour ago, jamesbrock said:

No, you and a few others are comparing that.

Everyone else is comparing YL's general incompetence and other peoples' thieving (she hasn't been found to have personally thrived or profited in any way, remember) to Preecha's son's firm "winning" seven projects with the 3rd Army Region between December 2014 and April this year worth a combined 97 million baht. Allegations that Preecha admitted occurred.

I guess you could compare to her giving a government marketing job to her inexperienced niece; or Oak's new company being awarded government advertising contracts; or where the water management budget disappeared to, etc etc etc. Even the one of illegally moving people so she could put a crony into a senior position which led to her removal.

The charges against Preecha's son have yet to be proved. Easy enough, produce the tenders, the evaluations and award criteria. They were either done properly or not. 

As for Yingluck - explain clearly and precisely how you managed and directed the self financing off budget rice scheme without turning up to the meetings you appointed yourself to chair, why you transferred and threatened people who flagged up problems, why you ignored all external expert warnings, why you have failed to produce and financial and management accounts, why you lied about G2G deals, why you lied to farmers about paying them. Should be easy especially when she presents the accounts showing where the money went - and to which firms and people.

I doubt the Shins are dumb enough to leave any money trails going to them. This was an income stream to pay off others. But she repeatedly said she alone was in charge, all was well, their were no problems etc etc.

Difficult to fight corruption when the whole pile is thoroughly corrupt to the core.

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Put some popcorn on! This is getting interesting. :smile:

save your popcorn. the investigation into the generals family members and anyone else with yellow panties is about to come back showing everything was done in a fair and open manner, just like those fantastic bomb detectors they bought.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Thats the problem,the majority of Thailand is corrupt

one way or another, from the small stuff to the multi

Billion THB,which makes it difficult for one side to

criticize the other,as they are all at it.

regards worgeordie

I'd be interested for you to name a country anywhere in the world where neoptism doesn't exist and the elite prosper in a different world to the rest of us. Corruption exists everywhere under different names.