Body in freezer: "Maybe not French" says police chief Sanit

webfact

Body in freezer: "Maybe not French" says police chief Sanit

p11.jpg

Image: tnamoct

BANGKOK: -- Police chief Sanit Mahathavorn said Sunday that police still do not know the identity of the body found in the freezer during the raid on the alleged passport forgers in Sukhumvit Soi 56 on Friday.

Speaking after a meeting of police Sunday he said that comparisons made with photos of missing foreign nationals have failed to turn up a match and that the corpse "may not be French as some news sources have reported".

Police are still waiting on a full forensic examination of the remains that were cut up into several pieces and deposited in the padlocked freezer.

That freezer is now believed to have come from Ekamai (Sukhumvit 63) Soi 12 and been moved to Soi 56. That kind of freezer is not produced anymore and police suspect it was bought second hand, reported tnamcot.

An inspection of an address in Ekamai is believed to be underway.

Meanwhile experts attached to the US embassy are helping Thai police with the identification process and Sanit said that there would be an update this afternoon.

The man named as Peter Andrew Colter is thought to be the ringleader of the operation but that name contained within a passport is believed to be false.

According to the passport he had been coming and going for five years.

The business premises in Soi 56, Bang Jak, Phrakhanong, where the raid took place Friday and a tourist policeman was shot, was rented by James Douglas Eger, one of the suspects.

It had been rented in August 2015 for the purposes of business, said police.

Illegal chemicals found in the raid were believed to be used in fake passport production.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-26

They really have no clue do they?

What about you Father? Do you have any clue to what went on here? Who the body is? Why some posters on Thai expat forums either know them or have seen them, what are the rumours?

So far I have seen on the expat Thailand forums:-

- Some bloke lives near soi 56 and walks past the premises when he goes to the gym.

- Some bloke lives in the same condo as Aaron, says his wife is a nice person and they have a little girl.

- Some bloke says one of the suspects is a regular at one of Patpongs drinking establishments.

- A couple of blokes says they have also seen the suspects drinking in the bars around soi 22 Sukhumvit.

Anyone known anything else?

2 minutes ago, JAG said:

I nevery miss a chance to poke gentle fun at our gallic  cousins - I have just finished reading a book called "1000 Years of Annoying the French". But - I worked with the French Army in Former Yugoslavia. Tough, effective and at times quite ruthless.

Gave you wine with your field rations too!

Had to teach them how to make a decent cup of tea though...

First of all. Thank you for your service.  You guys are always number One.

You know there are always some good ones. I'm happy that they helped you.

I can only go by what my Grand Father said about WW1 and Father and 2 uncles in WW2.

Thanks again for keeping us all free.

Just curious to know which media outlets that Sanit refers to in the OP have (prematurely) speculated that the corpse is a Fremch national? All I have seen is that RTP are seeking assistance from FBI using dental records after attempts at ID via fingerprint came up with nothing.