Sluggish internet speed when viewing Thai Visa

yogi100

I am finding Thai Visa very slow and unresponsive compared to other websites even in the dead of night when traffic is slow. Any ideas on how to improve matters please.

I seem to spend as much time watching the little blue wheel going round and round as I do reading the articles and replying to posts!

Edited by yogi100

have to agree, forever having to refresh  to try to actually get to the page I want, then you get the message this page cant be reached or not responding, happens a real lot. I understand that the new website takes a while to get working but this has now been ongoing for a fair while, then you also find that you cannot post any comments at times as well, problems seem to be constantly happening

1 minute ago, Tech Doctor said:

where are you in the world and what time zone please? Also what time is it slow so we can look into this.

TD

TD i am in Issan and TV is so slow these days.

Some days it is really bad, others not too bad but always slow.

11 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

where are you in the world and what time zone please? Also what time is it slow so we can look into this.

TD

I'm in London using Virgin Media which is meant to be one of the fastest speeds available.

I just did a speed test at 4.45 am.

DL speed 52.81

UL speed 2.93

Edited by yogi100

TV is very quick only sometimes slow from time to time anytime but l put it down to traffic I find watching the little blue wheel going round and round sends me to sleep.  :biggrin:

My main annoyance is I keep getting redirected and interrupted with ads from other web sites on TV but l think it may be my computer has been corrupted in some way,  although it doesn't seem to happen on other sites asked on TV IT forum if anyone could help, no response. :saai: 

I am in Sukhothai on True cable at 8 ms nearly 40 Mbps & 3.25 Mbps most of the time served from CM. 

27 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

hi Yogi

I'm using Virgin media too although further up north. Is it slow now? you seem to be havin v issues around the time the news team are posting all the new news.

intresting. thanks I'll take a look further.

It's now 5.54 am GMT and it takes 10 - 12 seconds between clicks. It's much slower in the daytime.

I shut down my PC for a bit which usually speeds things up but it has not done so in the case of Thai Visa. It's still sluggish compared to other sites and if anything it's worse! I'm using a two year old Acer laptop with W 10.

Hi,

@Tchooptip - is that around this time you find it sluggish or other times? I will need a little more details from members around what time etc they find it slow and where they are in thailand or the the world. Im trying to map out locations and times and correlate to logs etc.

From the UK it is flying so need to think about Thailands connectivity.

TD

19 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi,

@Tchooptip - is that around this time you find it sluggish or other times? I will need a little more details from members around what time etc they find it slow and where they are in thailand or the the world. Im trying to map out locations and times and correlate to logs etc.

TD

I'm in the UK and it's like a tortoise. Some of it may be to do with my PC because other sites, the Daily Mail for example also takes a long time to respond but that's full of pictures while TV is not.

TV is even slower than the DM there's definitely something wrong somewhere

Edited by yogi100

36 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Cheers @yogi100 - ill compare the DM with Thai Visa today from the UK as i'm here at the moment, freezing up north.

Td

I compare it with IMDB and some other Thai based forums and they respond in about 3  or 4 seconds. TV can be so frustrating I just give up sometimes especially when the internet is busy.

Our Indian summer is over down South as well.

I just restarted my PC hoping it would be better, that's why it took me so long to get back to you.

Edited by yogi100

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

I compare it with IMDB and some other Thai based forums and they respond in about 3  or 4 seconds. TV can be so frustrating I just give up sometimes especially when the internet is busy.

Our Indian summer is over down South as well.

I just restarted my PC hoping it would be better, that's why it took me so long to get back to you.

It's bearable right now (8.20 am) but just gets too frustrating as the day wears on and more people are using their computers or on the internet with their phones and tablets etc.

13 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Cheers @yogi100 - ill compare the DM with Thai Visa today from the UK as i'm here at the moment, freezing up north.

Td

It's 7.47 pm and it's a lot better, about 5 seconds between clicks. Have you done something to it?

If you have Cheers!

Hi,

TD

TD
I'm in the UK at moment and thought it was just me. However, the connection is like a Snail with Arthritis !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the Isaan near Korat and have a pretty fast internet connection.  I have to say that previous to your 'upgrade' of TV it was as fast as any other site.  But since you have 'improved' it, quite frankly it has been a disaster and a geriatric snail would beat it for speed.  I give up on it now most of the time.

On 28/09/2016 at 11:38 AM, Tech Doctor said:

Hi,

TD

Sorry I haven't seen your answer so my late's one has nothing to do with a sluggish TV:smile:

I'm in Samui a rather good connection that's allows me to watch streaming movies easily, this morning 10/11 o'clock almost impossible to join TV, right now 14:45 h, perfect!

Sorry to say this, but the functionality of TV is DIRE. It's worse than before the upgrade. I'm currently in Pattaya, but even up north it wasn't great. I reckon it's getting even slower.

I am on a different provider now, but response time is the same on both.

Time of day doesn't make any difference, as I am often on it morning, noon and night.

Also, there are lots of problems using TV. Sometimes when typing a reply it just goes back to the forum header and I have to spend lots of time just getting back to where I was.

Different question.

In the My Activity is there any way to put all the replies on one thread into one box, like they used to be when it was My Content? It's a drag having to scroll through every reply I made, especially when it takes time to change pages.

Sorry to be negative, but it's a real drag having to wait so long to find a thread and then reply. I know it's just TV because every other web site I use is pretty much instantaneous.

If I had any hair, I'd be pulling it out in frustration. I wrote a reply, then wanted to edit it. It took about 2 minutes each time I tried to do anything, and 3 times it went back to the forum headers, so I had to start again. Twice it went to blank screen and informed me that there was a problem with the web site, then there was a long running script that held me up, so I had to access TV forum from scratch.

A few years ago I don't remember any of these problems.

Yes at certain times we are seeing high load, we are awaiting approval of the loadbalanced infrastructure which should allow the geriatric snail to get a wheelchair.

TD

Sorry TD, it has nothing to do with the time of the day when one accesses or tries to access TV, it is slow slow slow whenever and I've given up trying to use it.