Long-delayed robotic parking lot again set to open

fforest1

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/long-delayed-robotic-parking-lot-set-open-149501

More than three years after it was completed, an automated parking garage at Bali Hai Pier is finally set to open to the public.

The 738-million-baht garage went into “testing” in March 2015 with promises to open a month later. It never did.

Concession holder MP Max Co. suffered huge losses that caused Pattaya City Hall to cancel its contract and take the company to court for damages. For more than a year, the building laid dormant.

Using a computerized-elevator system from by Simmatec Robotic of South Korea, the garage offers 407 parking spaces on seven floors. Three hydraulic “Transo Devices” lift cars into and out of spaces. Plans call for the facility to be expanded to handle boats as well.

12 hours ago, fakename said:

What about after shopping, you decide to bring your bags back to the car, and want to continue shopping?  Do you pay again?

Dont worry ,it will more than likely break down and your car will be there for days , you can carry the shopping home

by the way ,where would you go shopping down there ?

A lot of the parking places around the area seems pretty 'influential' most motorcycle taxi guys around the area seem to be in on it, guiding you to these various parking lots for a 'fee' The number of Thais going over to Koh Larn must makes it pretty lucrative. Seems like there's a lot of 'incentives' for a modern, professionally run operation to not suceed. The way the first contractor/operator just packed up seem pretty mysterious? 

I see no bright flashy lights, decal covered, lowered body doof doof cars'n'vans -won't be able to park there

The underbody clearance is only 13 cm

otherwise it'd be like going for a scrape around Dinsdale's place

I've been in a parking lot in Amsterdam once where I had to "climb" the building in an elevator.

Drove the car in the elevator and the space left on both sides made it impossible to leave the car.

It scared the shait out of me.

Ok, this parking building is fully automatic, but I think I won't ever use it.

Why will this place will be a failure again?

Cars cant be to long or ride to low   

no trucks or motorcycles...

Cheap charlies will not park there..

People who are afraid of damage to their car will not park there...

People who dont understand how it works and dont want to

understand will not park there...

People on quick shopping trips will not park there..

People who just do not want the hassle will not park there... 

Also Karma will have its revenge for destroying the old park.. 

• 4 weeks later...

So this ridiculous and non-functioning monstrosity cost 738MB to build and is going to be rented out for 2.5MB per year.

That's a return of 0.3%

Maybe the city should have invested in condos instead? By all accounts the guaranteed return on these is at least 10%.

By the time the place opens it will have to be closed again for "renovations"  due to the ageing equipment.

3 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

By all accounts the guaranteed return on these is at least 10%.

8-)  LOL  "guaranteed return"   the real estate agents promise ?

Well I guess it is open...

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/long-delayed-robotic-parking-garage-finally-opens-152636

The long-delayed automated parking garage at Bali Hai Pier is finally open to the public, but so far, it’s only about a third full.

The 738-million-baht garage finally threw open its gates Oct. 1 more than three years after it was built.

Archived