"We love you Papa!" - farang repairing potholed road wows Thais!

webfact

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

^^ Im not impressed by guys who 'do good' and then post/or allow someone to post it on social media for likes….but that's just me.

Again: He's got off his backside and done something for his local community and brought some good PR for farang in the process.

What have YOU done ?

i read all these posts about how he will be cited for no work permit; censured for doing the wok of the highway department and generally criticized for doing something good for the community.  I doubt he was interested in having his picture taken and posted to social media.

How about some kudos to a foreigner who was not drunk; didn't hit anyone; wasn't chasing local women and actually did something of potential benefit for the community.  This criticism of this man shows me how far removed from the World many people are and have a complete lack of understanding of what real humanity is. These people should go back to their  E phones and not bother the rest of us.

and out comes a man of conscience, who thinks out of the box and believes that charity begins at home. if the state does not want to act let me do and with traffic flowing on both sides, he is also putting his life at risk, besides the financial  and labour contribution.

while his is intention is well intended and remarkable in  concept i hope his efforts will bear some fruits because cement and concrete may not jell well with asphalt. come on somebody. give the poor guy the right material to work with - asphalt mix in this case so that he can really make a good job of it.

we SALUTE his attitude and achievement.

Edited by sahibji

5 hours ago, Johnniey said:

I'm not stupid enough to ride a bike or motorcycle in Thailand.

So everyone who rides a bike or motorcycle is stupid in your point of view.

Thank you for being so rude to the millions of us that do.

Keep your flamming comments to yourself.

5 minutes ago, weegee said:

Gee this topic brings back memories......

is that all there is  ... memories... apparently somebody started something  and it died a natural death because if the project had caught sufficient momentum then it would not be memories but achievements. good luck.

7 minutes ago, diehard71 said:

papa is breaking the law:

1]taking away jobs from thais.

2]working without a valid work permit.

3]doing one of the jobs prohibited for aliens.

4]volunteer work does not include road repair,

the local laws must be respected by every one.

i hope i got your thinking right. other wise you can expect nothing but chaos.

Maybe papa doesn't care what other bitter farangs behind a pc think about him. And maybe he's also not too worried about immigration. Etc etc. He's helping and not being paid, he PAYS for it which is filantropy which many Thai appreciate a lot. If a thai person were stuck in a burning house and you saved him/her u think immigration will blame you for doing fireman's work. I do agree someone is losing face with papa's action but its about time the thai enter the 21st century with their face farce!

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

putting a patch of cement into a bitumen road is a very short term fix at best. have to say the roads do seem to have degraded over the last year or 2. has road maintenance funding been cut? there is a small lake forming on the road outside my girls esan house. was thinking about paying 500thb to have a load of crushed rock put in it. passing cars splashed mud and water all over the fence which i have just painted. (yes i have a work permit)

Work permit for painting ????

How did you get that?

15 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Could have saved himself a lot of work and picked a sack of cold mix bitumen at Thai Watsadu for 85 baht.

And it would last 10 times longer.

i cannot help but repeat a section of my post that he should be using asphalt (bitumin)  which will blend and jell better in the potholes.

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

nice effort and hat's off to him. unfortunately he is wasting his time, repairing a tarmac road with what looks like concrete isn't going to last long.

he'd probably do better giving the local highway people a backhander to fix them properly, well probably not properly, but at least use appropriate materials.

technically you are absolutely right about the appropriate material for the fox but his greatest achievement is the attention he has brought to the plight of the pothole problem.

Potholes in the road are good for the Thai economy. Without them what are all the guys who work in the auto repair industry going to do?

Fill the holes and the replacement shocks, suspension, wheels, tires factories would lose a big market.