Body in the freezer latest: police say cut up body likely to have been frozen for eight years - suspect "romantically linked" to corpse

webfact

17 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Agreed but they could accomplish the same thing had they disposed of the body 8 years ago.

Exactly.  What use is a cut-up corpse in collection a pension or making the family believe he's still alive (earlier poster)?

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what these freedom-loving, nanny-state escaping men's TV handle is.  Surely they must be members here?

Edited by ChidlomDweller

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Acharn said:

"... on the run for decades?" So you know who he is and what his background story is? Why don't you enlighten us. Where is he really from? What was his birth name, where was he actually born, why are the names on his British and American passports different? The latest story says he might be a dual citizen, and it's legal to change your name, but most people don't. Please inform us.

big news and collaboration with us fbi.  sorry i didn't post this sooner to teach mr.acharn (i assume you r a teacher?)

la fon.jpg

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

big news and collaboration with us fbi.  sorry i didn't post this sooner to teach mr.acharn (i assume you r a teacher?)

Used to be. Yeah, after I posted my criticism I went on to the TV post from the following day and saw that. 

Edited by Acharn

12 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Agreed but they could accomplish the same thing had they disposed of the body 8 years ago.

Perhaps true, but is there a death certificate? I guess when a foreigner dies the body is either already at a hospital or the family / friends / landlord etc., call the police and the body quickly goes to a morgue (but probably intact).

In any case a death certificate would be issued. If it's a foreigner I guess a copy of the death certificate would be delivered to the embassy of the deceased.

In my own case I know that my embassy immediately sends some form of communication to all government departments that need to know. Therefore if it was a government pension then that department would quickly know the person is dead and stop the pension. 

Some questions: In Thailand (or any country) is it Is it illegal to keep a dead body at home? And is it illegal to not report a death? 

In this case why would these people keep a dead body in their living / working premises? Surely they would be realizing that a small slip could attract attention and a search of their premises. 

If the pension is coming from an insurance company or other commercial or company based pension fund, then would the advise to the relevant embassy be passed to such organizations?  

Another factor - Every 3 years I have to personally go to my embassy (and there's 2 or 3 other options) to get them to sign and stamp a statement that I am still alive. In my case it's a government based pension.

Just wondering, do insurance / commercial / company pension funds require the same type of 'still alive' statement? But probably not difficult to find an 'approved' person to sign the 'still alive' statement without seeing the actual person alive and kicking (money buys most things).