Clinton-Trump debate reaches 84 million viewers, toppling record

webfact

5 hours ago, Chicog said:

Did he correct Hillary's lies about TTP being the gold standard?  No of course not. It was fixed.  Still it Trump had a little brain he could have dumped the mod and Hillary so no excuse.  You could have done it and so could have I.  There was not a whole brain between them all on that stage.  

1 hour ago, Scotwight said:

Did he correct Hillary's lies about TTP being the gold standard?  No of course not. It was fixed.  Still it Trump had a little brain he could have dumped the mod and Hillary so no excuse.  You could have done it and so could have I.  There was not a whole brain between them all on that stage.  

Reading this after the edit period closed I really should not have said Trump and Hillary don't have a brain.  They went to two of the best schools in the world, Wharton and Yale.  They both have brains.  Must be senility.   

It certainly isn't their gratuitous humility.

Trump especially of course.

As Donald always says  :post-4641-1156693976:  "Believe me."

Each day now HRC is more presidential while Trump who started from a very low bar of it is less presidential. After the second debate which is a town hall format Trump will be in negative territory of presidential.

Coming sooner or later from Trump. Being presidential on a scale of 1-10 Trump comes in at minus-ten. Giving him a goose egg would be kind.

2 hours ago, Publicus said:

It certainly isn't their gratuitous humility.

Trump especially of course.

As Donald always says  :post-4641-1156693976:  "Believe me."

Each day now HRC is more presidential while Trump who started from a very low bar of it is less presidential. After the second debate which is a town hall format Trump will be in negative territory of presidential.

Coming sooner or later from Trump. Being presidential on a scale of 1-10 Trump comes in at minus-ten. Giving him a goose egg would be kind.

Well, no doubt you are concerned that looking presidential doesn't guarantee winning the election. It only depends on who gets the most votes, and at the moment they are evens in the polls.

It would only take HRC falling over again to seriously change the current situation.

Be scared, be very scared.

Reminds me of Obama - he didnt do so well in the first one, but what mattered was the last one.

HRC will not get any better - she has nothing left and wont improve. Trump didnt fire any serious bullets - me thinks he is saving them for the 2nd and 3rd installment - and he will improve.

HRC clearly spent all her time rehearsing and preparing. Trump was everywhere making speeches to huge crowds and meeting the people.  Long way to go folks.

44 minutes ago, Bob9 said:

Reminds me of Obama - he didnt do so well in the first one, but what mattered was the last one.

HRC will not get any better - she has nothing left and wont improve. Trump didnt fire any serious bullets - me thinks he is saving them for the 2nd and 3rd installment - and he will improve.

HRC clearly spent all her time rehearsing and preparing. Trump was everywhere making speeches to huge crowds and meeting the people.  Long way to go folks.

Somehow, just like trump, I doubt you've really THOUGHT this through ...

She's massively qualified to be president.

He's totally unqualified to be president.

He can't hide that any longer.

The first debate was a defeat for Trump. Here’s why the second could be an outright massacre.
If the first step to fixing your problem is acknowledging you have a problem, Donald Trump is in some serious trouble.

But that’s not all. Because of the format of the second debate, Trump stands to do even worse than he did in the first debate, and Clinton could do even better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/09/29/the-first-debate-was-a-defeat-for-trump-heres-why-the-second-could-be-an-outright-massacre/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-f%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.73f7b41f7cbf

13 minutes ago, useronthenet said:

Now why would you watch a man speak, who has no previous political experience what-so-ever? 

Why would you want to watch anyone speak who has had political experience? Career politicians don't know much else except politics.

2 hours ago, Linzz said:

Career politicians don't know much else except politics.

Which is the position that is being applied for.  Yes, politics calls for some amount of shrewdness, cleverness and maybe even a touch of sneakiness, otherwise you'll be steamrolled by your foreign adversaries.  Elect Trump and, well we've just seen how he'd do in a one-on-one with a well-prepared opponent.  He was a national embarrassment.  Elect him and he'll be an international embarrassment.

Edited by attrayant

1 hour ago, attrayant said:

Which is the position that is being applied for.  Yes, politics calls for some amount of shrewdness, cleverness and maybe even a touch of sneakiness, otherwise you'll be steamrolled by your foreign adversaries.  Elect Trump and, well we've just seen how he'd do in a one-on-one with a well-prepared opponent.  He was a national embarrassment.  Elect him and he'll be an international embarrassment.

He's already an international embarrassment.   A great number of people from around the world have been watching.   

18 hours ago, Scotwight said:

Reading this after the edit period closed I really should not have said Trump and Hillary don't have a brain.  They went to two of the best schools in the world, Wharton and Yale.  They both have brains.  Must be senility.   

Just a small clarification. Trump has a Bachelors from the University of Pennsylvania 's Wharton School of Business. Hillary has  bachelor's from Wellesley College and  J.D. from Yale Law School.  They are not equivalent educations by any definition. 

TH

20 hours ago, thaihome said:

Just a small clarification. Trump has a Bachelors from the University of Pennsylvania 's Wharton School of Business. Hillary has  bachelor's from Wellesley College and  J.D. from Yale Law School.  They are not equivalent educations by any definition. 

TH

I was comparing the two schools Wharton and Yale.  I don't know if Wellesley is in the same league.  Of course a J.D. is an advanced degree.  Since Trump had a 17 million dollar loan from pops to buy a business he'd be in a position to buy the services of a J.D. rather than be one.  Hillary became a bond daddy with her law degree if my memory is correct.