Interesting and Odd People you've encountered in Thailand

JJGreen

Met some strange fellas yes and spotted some oddballs: 

Young western lad about 30 absolutely stinking BO on BTS 3pm daytime getting touchy with fairly decent looking thai lady. Shocking.

Absolute t-osser on a lovely island that honestly believes he's the bees knees. Actually thinks you believe half the misinformation BS he spouts. I call this guy: loadsa money. 

Once I spotted an old couple watching me and mrs from a hotel across the way by suvarnabhumi airport. Real surveillance these two were at. So I instructed mrs to start beating me with belt. We saw them chuckling away. Prior to that was just sitting on balcony having a beer.

38 year old woman from florida on holiday with 2 female girls from Canada both under 25. It's Christmas eve she's moaning about her will he won't he boyfriend currently stationed in germany. She goes on about what a great guy he is and Skypes him at end of night introducing us all and wishing merry Christmas,  guy seemed decent sure he is, last thing he says to her, hey listen have a great Christmas but Shannon it's over I'm back with my EX so don't contact me again , have a good one! - was definitely one of those curl up and die moments for her, after a week of hanging with those ladies I and the other two was in full support of the chap. Smart move bit harsh but defo right to walk.

Up in my wife's village there is a 30-something farmer who, during the day, seems normal enough. He works as hard as any of them. But when it gets dark he starts drinking and begins speaking in an unknown language. He seems to really want to talk to me in particular, but he does it to everyone. Any reply you make is met with a knowing smile and more gibberish. The town folks say he has been like that for many years....

There was a farang who rode around Pattaya dressed in golden clothes and on a golden bicycle. He's a bit odd. Then there's that bulldog-like tattooed Aussie whose had a few movie roles that was always in the news for something in Pattaya.

In Sangklaburi, came across a 102 year old monk. he told me he didn't belong to or resided in any specific Temple in Thailand, but that he wandered from one Temple to another throughtout Thailand, and many times slept within the forest. And, he didn't need glasses; as he read a book I'd had given him. I felt so fortunate to have met such an amazing individual. Also, he had an aura (couldn't see it, but could be felt/sensed) surrounding him. This, in-its-self, was toxicating within his presences'.

There was a farang who rode around Pattaya dressed in golden clothes and on a golden bicycle. He's a bit odd. Then there's that bulldog-like tattooed Aussie whose had a few movie roles that was always in the news for something in Pattaya.

Tim Sharkey and the Golden man

Back in the years 2000-2001 an English guy called ***** used to walk up and down Sukhumwit Road. He was about six foot three and dressed from head to toe as an American cowboy. He had a long pony tail which he draped over his shoulder.

Sometime around June / July 2000 I worked for two weeks in a boiler room. I didn't realize it was a scam company at first, but left promptly when I figured out what was going on.

Anyway, this guy **** worked there. That was pretty amazing because you'd have thought he was the kind of guy who wouldn't be able to hold down a regular job.

I spoke to him a few times: he wasn't normal, nor was he mad. I never really figured out what his problem was. 

Edited by cdnvic
removed name

On 9/28/2016 at 1:47 PM, yogi100 said:

I was at a birthday party of a fellow Englishman who is a pal of mine in Pattaya and one of the other guests was an elderly American who was also a chum of my pal. Both my pal and this Yank had served in the Korean War in the early 1950s.

The Yank had been a card dealer in Las Vegas for years and told us some interesting and funny stories about his experiences there. Unlike many of his countrymen not once did he mention money, investments or 'real estate'.  

He also showed us some card tricks using our pack of cards not his. These tricks were simply amazing and ones I had never seen before and we were all flabbergasted at his skill and trickery, it was as if we were watching a genuine magician at work.

He was also good company and a bit of a comedian. After his card tricks he asked if any of us fancied playing cards for money with him and the way asked the question was really comical. Naturally we all laughingly refused his invitation.

I recently asked my pal what had become of his card playing friend but apparently he was no longer in Pattaya. He had also spent time in the PI. He was one bloke I'd love to meet up with again.

He wasn't real?

I always worry when a bank teller is counting out my money that they are good at sleight of hand.

I knew an English bar owner in Bangkok. At least once a month he'd get drunker than usual and fire all the staff. He drive them from the bar along with the customers, lock the door and drink himself insensible.

The next day he'd phone his staff and beg them to come back.

The customers never minded, he never thought to make them pay their check bins before he chucked them out.

One afternoon he came in with a hangover and started abusing the barmaid (whom I happened to be courting at the time). The till was short the night before (through people leaving without paying) and he loudly declared that from that time on, all drinks would be paid for when they were served with no exceptions.

Dry from his ranting he sat down and said "Bring me a Beer".

She put it in front of him and said... "100 baht please".

"NOT ME YOU STUPID <deleted>"