Niger men caught at Suvarnabhumi with 568 credit cards tell cops: We're just shopping for our relatives!

webfact

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

"Police arrested three men from Niger on Tuesday"

Niger, officially the Republic of Niger, is a landlocked country in Western Africa, named after the Niger River. 

Nigeria, an African country on the Gulf of Guinea, 

Classic. Niger. Nigeria. Same same but different. 

I visited Niger in the 90s. The Nigerians have bad reputation there too. 555

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

How nice of China to let them leave the country with fake cards in their possession & let Thailand do the dirty work..
I would have put them on the next flight back & told China to make the arrests.

It's always great to having insiders to fill us in on the facts.  All I read was that they were acting on "a tip off from Guangzhou", but clearly you, being special, have knowledge of when and how this tip was received.

5 hours ago, gchurch259 said:

I do not understand why Thailand allows some these African Countries citizens to enter The Kingdom to start with !!

I am not Racism, I am an 81 year ole realist !

exactly my thoughts,  while we the law abiding citizens from the west who have built homes and built families and poured our lives savings into their country are getting continously screwed over time and time again !!!  

Edited by pumpjack

5 hours ago, gchurch259 said:

I do not understand why Thailand allows some these African Countries citizens to enter The Kingdom to start with !!

I am not Racism, I am an 81 year ole realist !

Correct not racist, it is a fact that Nigerians are renowned  as international fraudsters and scammers.

In parts of Nigeria the Native residents can't walk through town without paying tolls to gangs.

The place is alive with gangs and fraud, so bad that probably everyone is involved in some sort of scamming.

Why the government here has not put severe visa restrictions on them is beyond belief.

Not to mention the other players in the fraud gangs from other countries, Russia being one that stands out.

Thailand is a Hub for scammers and criminals worldwide to operate in.

It is very sad as the place is becoming more and more dangerous by the year.

The government picks on the wrong people in their crackdown on expats staying here, instead of increasing background checks and stringent passport/ visa examination.

It's making the place hell and uncomfortable for the innocent that have been here for years have a family and contribute to Thailand's economy.

I'm going to go back home next year to live and only come here for three to four months a year.

I will still contribute as I keep my house and pay rent and support family.

I would not want my young son to be educated here or grow up here anymore.

It is a shame to see what was a very nice country turned into a sewer of madness, corruption and crime, drug running, meth usage and lunatic suicidal drivers.

Not the only country in the world that is bad for this , the problem is escalating world wide --- where are we going?

46 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

In the good ol' days (1970's) when I visited my aunt in the US she lent me her Firebird (car) and gave me her credit card so I could gas up and buy items in the stores. I just signed in her name. It was never a problem.

Your name Wendy or somethink

36 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

exactly my thoughts,  while we the law abiding citizens from the west who have built homes and built families and poured our lives savings into their country are getting continously screwed over time and time again !!!  

Law-abiding, my ass

Bodies chopped up in freezers, passport forgery, interfering with children, boiler rooms, real estate scams............the list of crimes committed by 'law-abiding' Westerners is extensive.

6 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Too many criminals coming from Nigeria to Thailand....I assume they have to apply for a visa and go through Immigration.  It's time to be more vigilant.

These didn't come from Nigeria, they're from Niger.

Love the way the Chinese moved the problem to Thailand ..... they knew these guys had fake credit cards when leaving the country.... but "tipped off" Thai officials they were coming their way.... proper policing....move the issue to another country with a phone call...cue photo opportunities of great bust at airport.... :cheesy: