VCR VHS Players In Bangkok?

JimMorris

Does anyone know where in Bangkok I can either purchase a used VCR that plays VHS tapes or take a non-working Philips brand VCR that I own to be repaired?

I contacted Amorn in Fortune Town. They said they could send my non-working VCR to Bahn Maw in the China Town area to try and be fixed, but it would take 2-3 weeks and no guarantee of course that they would have the parts or be able to repair it. My VCR still powers on, but doesn't pull the VHS tapes in, eject, or play the tapes. It still worked a few years ago, which was the last time I tried to use it. So it might be an issue that some of the rubber bands inside have dried out and snapped. I have read that the rubber bands with VCR machines can become a problem over time. Especially in hot climates where rubber dries out easily.

I also called the Philips service center in Bangkok, but nobody there seemed to know what a VCR is and, after being transferred to a few different people, I eventually gave up.

I checked on eBay. Many offered from the states, but the electricity there is 110 and would be a problem in Thailand on 220 without a converter. Then shipping cost would double the price of the machine. I also checked Thai Craigslist, but nada.

There used to be some Thai marketplace websites selling 2nd hand stuff, but I am not even sure which ones are still active. Haven't kept up on it.

Would be great if I could find one in a second hand market somewhere in Bangkok. There used to be places around Saphan Kwai selling stuff like that, but not anymore. Maybe I need to go checkout China Town.

Edited by JimMorris