Ultimate cheap Charlie , can you beat this.

ableguy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2016 at 7:00 PM, samsensam said:

OP; why do you care? what's it to you? suggest you get a life.

http://I have a wonderful life with a great partner, difficult to miss what is happening almost next to my elbow.usually comments like this are from penniless cheap Charlie's suspect you had little education resulting in little life time income, do you sleep on the beach ???

On 2 October 2016 at 11:00 PM, samsensam said:

OP; why do you care? what's it to you? suggest you get a life.

I know you have written the above to get a reaction and probaly checking it  everyday to see who replied ,but this is a Foum where people post topics to discuss.

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, burgerking said:

You think that's cheap. When you go out as a group and the bill is paid,  my wife hangs back and pockets the tip.  

I took a family and guest out to lunch at a nice restaurant in Phuket. I left a 300 baht tip on a

2,200baht bill. As we were leaving the guest scooped the tip and told me "Thais don't leave tips"

Of course she put the tip right in her pocket.

Has anyone not noticed the proliferation of restaurant bills that now come at the end of the meal replete with a 10% SERVICE CHARGE.????  (At least, in the fancier restaurants, where, granted, cheap Charlies may not normally frequent).

So, the claim that Thais do not pay tips is gradually going to be rendered false (except of course in the cheapcheap momandpop shops, which CCs may be deemed to still be frequenting on their occasional forays into the realm of fine dining.)

On 10/3/2016 at 6:13 AM, chiang mai said:

Nope, not joking. It's a matter of principle, first it's satang coins and next it'll be one baht coins and then...? And if my bill came to say 75 baht and 50 satang, do you suppose Tesco or Big C would mind if I didn't give them that 50 satang, hah, I really don't think so - so why should it be a one way street? It's not about the satang, it's the concept, plus you'll never see a local person throwing money away nor letting Tesco/Big C keep those coins, why should I.

Now that takes the tightness award

16 hours ago, Artisi said:

I would say that 10 bht /  month is way wrong, that equates to about 2.5 kwh , an indicator lamp would be lucky to consume that much power in 12 months.

I'm ,making a point here not a  defense that is in court 10 Baht or 1 Baht its the lunacy of the what she is saying

I don't think OP describes a Cheap Charlie, first of all he went to a 'pricey restaurant' so no wonder he brought his own water. How much is fried rice in a pricey restaurant ? I would guess 80 baht . A real Cheap Charlie would never pay for overpriced Thai food. I know I wouldn't. 40 baht would be a normal price in most Thai places.  I even pay for water if it's 10 baht and not 50......

1 hour ago, balo said:

I don't think OP describes a Cheap Charlie, first of all he went to a 'pricey restaurant' so no wonder he brought his own water. How much is fried rice in a pricey restaurant ? I would guess 80 baht . A real Cheap Charlie would never pay for overpriced Thai food. I know I wouldn't. 40 baht would be a normal price in most Thai places.  I even pay for water if it's 10 baht and not 50......

You think 80 baht for a dish constitutes 'pricey'?

Sometimes I wonder if this place is just a well-constructed parody site. 

2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:
2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

I'm ,making a point here not a  defense that is in court 10 Baht or 1 Baht its the lunacy of the what she is saying

I fully understand what you are saying re the lunacy about turning off an indictor lamp, my comment in reply was to point out if the website said 10Bht / month I consider it to be way wrong.

21 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Well that's your whole deal here isn't it. You criticize everyone and offer no details about yourself.  

Nobody's under any obligation to spill their whole life story on a public forum.

Those who do should expect others to comment on it.

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

Ok then.

Bit weird that you keep replying to my posts, though.

From what I've read,  you sir seem the weird one. In fact so far it seems you aren't liked much at all.  

I'm easy going however and will give you a chance.  Even if your avatar looks like a drug addict. 

8 minutes ago, upside said:

Forum popularity is built on a real world loneliness. 

Don't confuse the two. 

Not at all. I have plenty of friends in real life. That's why I don't feel the need to try and make any here. Well, that and the fact that most posters here aren't exactly the kind of people I want to be friends with. 

I have a social life in the real world. I come here to point and laugh, mostly. 

Archived