AIS Websites inaccessible from UK

GordonP

Just finishing an extended trip to UK and thought that I would check out the AIS prepaid packages available from my laptop. All I'm getting is

This page can’t be displayed
  • Make sure the web address http://www.ais.co.th is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Tried a good few other AIS addresses from a Google search and all the same.

I can get in via the AIS app on my mobile but appears nothing via IE on my laptop. I can get to Dtac and 3BB Thai and English sites.

Anyone else noticed this? 

I tried the above site   going through a tor proxy  UK exit node  and get

The connection has timed out

The server at www.ais.co.th is taking too long to respond.

down for everyone or just me  reports

It's not just you! http://www.ais.co.th looks down from here.

direct through TOT  works fine

so looks like they don't want foreign visitors...strange ehh ?

I have the AIS app, and bills are due later this month for both my postpaid sim and for AIS fibre. I'll be out of the country and I'm not sure if I can use internet banking for my Thai bank overseas (as it requires a TOP security code input which is sent to my local phone number here). Is it possible to preload the app with this months payment? I don't want to get disconnected for non payment that I can't make while I'm away. 

• 3 weeks later...
I have the AIS app, and bills are due later this month for both my postpaid sim and for AIS fibre. I'll be out of the country and I'm not sure if I can use internet banking for my Thai bank overseas (as it requires a TOP security code input which is sent to my local phone number here). Is it possible to preload the app with this months payment? I don't want to get disconnected for non payment that I can't make while I'm away. 

I have AIS email & SMS my bill every month. If I am away and don't receive the SMS it doesn't matter as I always get the email bill.

I then pay using my Bangkok Bank app, wherever I am in the world. You would need to set up the payee details first in Thailand, as with any other Thai bank.

5 hours ago, GordonP said:

When I got back to Thailand all the same links and bookmarks worked fine, concluding that access from UK and some otyher places isn't allowed. Can't fathom any reason for that at all. TIT!

I just tried them using VPN from USA and Germany and site works OK.