Bus crash leaves one dead and over 50 injured in Sa Kaeo

webfact

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

They're happy because a bus has crashed, lying on its side and there's only one fatality and  the driver is still around.

They are laughing because he blamed the rain.

1 bus 55 passengers and presumably 2 crew. = 57

1 dead and 50 injured =51. And the other 6?

A bit pissed off because they are now late

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Brakes again,maybe the buses will be safer without them:facepalm:,

going too fast,in the rain,approaches a bend in 4th or 5 th

gear,brakes hard,happens too often.

regards worgeordie

Because, only because, they can't drive!

As easy as that.

4 hours ago, Truscott said:

Why does the word 'Bangkok' appear in this story?

Because that is about the only town most Farang know (unless you live in Pattaya),, no need to write Rayong because they wouldn't have a clue were that town is.

I have said it before, in my opinion the only bus who's driving good and safe are the company "airporthuahinbus" they never drive to fast and many times you will be overtaken by other buses

So, they prove that they can, of course they transport tourists only,  but it can.

2 hours ago, laislica said:

Another avoidable tragedy!
Regardless of why it happened, so many lives have been disrupted by this event.

I feel very sorry for the relatives of the one who lost their life, but they will get over it in time.

However, customers who lose limbs or suffer terrible scarring will have to live with that forever, not to mention the unexpected cost of medical treatment.

French motorways have a maximum speed of 130Kmph which is reduced to 120Kmph in the rain.

Thailand could consider this and introduce a speed reduction for when it rains?

At least it would be a small step forward.

As to my Garmin there is a speed limit in Thailand of 95 km/h. Rain or no rain. But who cares ?

56 minutes ago, peter48 said:

I have said it before and I will say it again do not let your nearest and dearest go on these massive fast long distance  buses especially in wet weather overnight. Take them in your car instead. Avoid the crazy minibuses too. Think is this how I would send kids no seat belts, drivers on what ever that thinhg which keeps you going  ..if not aviod

Great. So if everyone travels in cars the roads will be even busier and safer. I dare to doubt.

5 hours ago, Deserted said:

Where its being reported from probably.

So another bus drives too fast and crashes....

A slight correction here. It's not the driver's fault because the brakes caused the accident.

It is always driver error. They are in charge of the bus. Unfortunately it seems, yet again, no care no responsibility. How do these companies hire these drivers?

Are these drivers straight out of school, received their licence as a Christmas gift (or won it in a raffle/lottery)? TIT Shame on the industry and the authorities.

RIP to the passenger killed, condolences to family and friends. May those injured have a speedy recovery.

Same old same old no brains or common sense to slow down there should be speed limiters on the buses and trucks like most countries. R.I.P TO THE UNLUCKY person who was killed and a speedy recovery to the rest. Involuntary man slaughter charge for the bus driver bloody idiot.

On 04/10/2016 at 10:12 PM, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

yes you are right Worgeordie. They should be on 3rd gear in such weather condition at a slow speed way before the bend so they don't have to brake abruptly when they come to the bend. The bus is fully load when they have 55 passengers. With such weight when you brake the momentum alone will throw the bus off balance let alone the bend curve the bus going through. Do Thai bus drivers know about these things? I really like to get a good translator and talk to Thai Drivers to make a survey and see how many Thai drivers know about these problems.

11 minutes ago, madusa said:

yes you are right Worgeordie. They should be on 3rd gear in such weather condition at a slow speed way before the bend so they don't have to brake abruptly when they come to the bend. The bus is fully load when they have 55 passengers. With such weight when you brake the momentum alone will throw the bus off balance let alone the bend curve the bus going through. Do Thai bus drivers know about these things? I really like to get a good translator and talk to Thai Drivers to make a survey and see how many Thai drivers know about these problems.

Now please dont laugh and spoil my day 

I suggest driver training plus some helpful road signs such as those that advise of a bend in the road, and signs to instruct drivers when to engage a low gear as they are about to start descending a steep hill

I think these things would help to cut the accident rate

7 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Rain again has been the cause of this accident. I have been in Thai buses on many occasions when rain is encountered (torrential and otherwise) and I stupidly expect some downward re-adjustment to the speed. But no, they just plow on at the same high speed like it is a bright sunshiny day.

Then when there is an accident it is shock and horror and the pathetic "not my fault - it was the rain's fault" excuses start.

Yeah, a lot of Thai drivers appear to be mental patients.

1 hour ago, oldlakey said:

Now please dont laugh and spoil my day 

I suggest driver training plus some helpful road signs such as those that advise of a bend in the road, and signs to instruct drivers when to engage a low gear as they are about to start descending a steep hill

I think these things would help to cut the accident rate

Yes oldlakey I do not want to spoil your day so I won't laugh. All those are good, sensible ideas but road sense is not in the Thai vocabulary. Especially when it comes to Thai male drivers.

6 hours ago, laislica said:

I feel very sorry for the relatives of the one who lost their life, but they will get over it in time.

However, customers who lose limbs or suffer terrible scarring will have to live with that forever, not to mention the unexpected cost of medical treatment.

French motorways have a maximum speed of 130Kmph which is reduced to 120Kmph in the rain.

Good lord do you think a posted speed restriction would change Thai driving habits, daily death on the roads here is part of daily life.

3 minutes ago, ableguy said:
7 hours ago, laislica said:

Good lord do you think a posted speed restriction would change Thai driving habits, daily death on the roads here is part of daily life.

Of course, silly me.

Let's do nothing then.....

Duh!

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

The driver should have taken his foot off the brake as soon as he felt the bus begin to skid. It would have almost certainly have regained traction and by intermittently touching the brakes gently and then accelerating out of the bend he could probably have made it.

15 hours ago, laislica said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: You think any Thai would take any notice of a speed limit? Really? When there is no-one with the slightest interest in enforcing it?

16 hours ago, madusa said:

And they are likely to say "What problems". "I do not understand".  :shock1:

This got me thinking............is that the driver's response or those of the "authorities"? Could be either/or  :coffee1:

23 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

This time the brakes worked as the bus skidded out of control so it's clearly driver error. How refreshing.

Not so fast there.  He can always claim "pre-mature brake lock."  :whistling:

I guess, it is due to a human being able to feel empathy, that I am still shocked, by the almost daily "x dead, soandsomany injured in a bus accident"- report!

And I guess it is due to Thai's "mai bpen rai"- ness, that still nothing will be done, to stop this!

Driver should be charged with manslaughter. Speed bumps should be installed on all dangerous curves, with flashing lights well before approaching on all major highways in Thailand. It is time the leader of the country took some action regarding the number of bus crashes, what ever the reason or excuse given for them.

On 2016-10-05 at 1:44 PM, Brer Fox said:

Rain again has been the cause of this accident. I have been in Thai buses on many occasions when rain is encountered (torrential and otherwise) and I stupidly expect some downward re-adjustment to the speed. But no, they just plow on at the same high speed like it is a bright sunshiny day.

Then when there is an accident it is shock and horror and the pathetic "not my fault - it was the rain's fault" excuses start.

This reminds me of Canada. At the first snow, you'll see a huge rash of accidents as people don't have their snow tires on yet and yet don't compensate in their driving by slowing down. They go from driving in a straight line to doing a 360 to a 720 to headlights pointing into the sky from the ditch. Some people just don't have a good "feel" for driving.