What do Americans think of Poms?

upside

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we got to point out the undeniable yank qualties...our TVF associate transam is a US 'muscle car' enthusiast and my adorable little grandaughter just came lookin' to get some milk for her Cocoa Pops...

and when I was in the UK it became known that I had spent some years in Bolivia ('is that near Mexico, then?'), was fluent in Spanish and even knew a few words of the local quechua dialect...and then I heard the ex-wife's feminist friends muttering: 'yer new husband is a bit of a show off, isn't he?'

can't win fer losin'...

8 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

well we got to point out the undeniable yank qualties...our TVF associate transam is a US 'muscle car' enthusiast and my adorable little grandaughter just came lookin' to get some milk for her Cocoa Pops...

and when I was in the UK it became known that I had spent some years in Bolivia ('is that near Mexico, then?'), was fluent in Spanish and even knew a few words of the local quechua dialect...and then I heard the ex-wife's feminist friends muttering: 'yer new husband is a bit of a show off, isn't he?'

can't win fer losin'...

I have traveled all over the USA without a 'muscle car', sadly, but l was welcomed in every state....Alabama was really cool for chat, Memphis too, every state was cool just chatting to ordinary folk.....Must admit my last tour was 1999, has stuff changed, l hope not.........:smile:

1 minute ago, transam said:

I have traveled all over the USA without a 'muscle car', sadly, but l was welcomed in every state....Alabama was really cool for chat, Memphis too, every state was cool just chatting to ordinary folk.....Must admit my last tour was 1999, has stuff changed, l hope not.........:smile:

Nothing changed same old same old. Glad to see you had a good time. 

Is that a pontiac 400 in your avi? 

Notice that demagogue trump doesn't rant about Brits, Canadians, Australians ... or even Irish:rolleyes:.

You'd be surprised how many are ILLEGAL ALIENS in the U.S. 

Nobody cares. (If you're white, that is.)

Perhaps they should. Australians seem to be stealing so many good acting roles in Hollywood ... 

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Notice that demagogue trump doesn't rant about Brits, Canadians, Australians ... or even Irish:rolleyes:.

You'd be surprised how many are ILLEGAL ALIENS in the U.S. 

Nobody cares. (If you're white, that is.)

Perhaps they should. Australians seem to be stealing so many good acting roles in Hollywood ... 

Im white and care a lot. Illegals should not have a path to citizenship. They should be brought to the nearest border and kicked out. 

I had a REAL hard time getting the wife a tourist visa because she didn't have a job in Thailand. Then we get there (legally) I had a new level of distaste for illegals. 

Not sure what you are getting at. 

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

Im white and care a lot. Illegals should not have a path to citizenship. They should be brought to the nearest border and kicked out. 

I had a REAL hard time getting the wife a tourist visa because she didn't have a job in Thailand. Then we get there (legally) I had a new level of distaste for illegals. 

Not sure what you are getting at. 

I'm getting at the truth. That xenophobic trumpist type Americans (largely a WHITE people's ultra nationalist movement)  inflamed about immigration are mostly concerned about Latinos and Muslims. They generally aren't thinking about white people fluent in English with such similar cultures. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I was being a bit flip before. Actually in my experience with Brits in the U.S. the general response is positive discrimination. We like the accents and tend to think it means you're smarter. It's nothing like the Aussie attitude.

Ohhhhhh number 1 smart man!

You know somebody who knows someone. 

Ps,  do I need a haircut you think? 

oh, get over it...America was built on the labor of illegal immigrants...there ain't enough 'legal' white folks around to make a place that huge as prosperous as it is....

if ye gots a thai wife better to not even think about getting her a visa for the US...the harsh reality of your insignificance as a US citizen can often be too much to bear...

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm getting at the truth. That xenophobic trumpist type Americans (largely a WHITE people's ultra nationalist movement)  inflamed about immigration are mostly concerned about Latinos and Muslims. They generally aren't thinking about white people fluent in English with such similar cultures. 

Jeez I don't even know why I asked. Now its going to get all racist and political (From you JT)

NOBODY CARES if you are Latino or Muslim as long as you are there LEGALLY. 

1 minute ago, tutsiwarrior said:

oh, get over it...America was built on the labor of illegal immigrants...there ain't enough white folks around to make a place that huge as prosperous as it is....

No. America was built on the labor of IMMIGRANTS.

So what? We should open our borders, and allow people worldwide to come and go? While we are at it, why not just allow the entire world to vote on US Politics? 

6 minutes ago, upside said:

Ohhhhhh number 1 smart man!

You know somebody who knows someone. 

Ps,  do I need a haircut you think? 

Probably. 

Once the Aussies get the queen off their money and their flag they can contribute. 

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Americans don't think much about Brits. But they think about Brits a lot more than Canadians (which they don't think about at all). 

To add, I don't particulary associate with tutsi's remarks but he's quite an amusing fellow POTY winner. 

Well, that does surprise me. Given the close proximity, I would have thought Americans would pay close attention to Canada. There is much to observe and to learn from. It seems to me that Canadians have much in common with the US but are rather more sophisticated, generally have a more pleasing accent and have a more equitable society. And it's the home of Justin Bieber.

1 minute ago, upside said:

Don't stop me now? 

Go ahead, whatever you got, I have it covered in triplicate. 

Just keep it factual and not inflammatory so we can continue without being filtered. 

8 minutes ago, Strange said:

Go ahead, whatever you got, I have it covered in triplicate. 

Just keep it factual and not inflammatory so we can continue without being filtered. 

Tell that to the cigarettes. 

18 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

to ignore the influence of global capitalism on US politics is a common misperception...yeah, the entire world votes in the US presidential election...unlike most other places where nobody gives a s**t...

Like poty.

5 minutes ago, upside said:

And you have a strange name. 

Did they welcome you into the clique easily with that name? 

Another zinger.....

I pander no clique. I need no protection or approval and can back up what I say. 

Archived