What do Americans think of Poms?

upside

Just now, Anythingleft? said:

You really are quite tenacious aren't you, already responded quite adequately to the previous posts thank you although I noticed you weren't referenced

Looks like we got another low-info little englander out in the big bad world

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Strange said:

Looks like we got another low-info little englander out in the big bad world

Heeeeeey, careful about the "Little Englander" thingy..........I have traced my English family back 1000 years....:giggle:

1 minute ago, Anythingleft? said:

Stop following me it's becoming weird, buddy

good one.... 

I hope you read the entire thread thus far. 

This replies in thread are about how a lot of the english honestly believe they are superior to americans. Probably wasn't the intention, but hey. 

The other thread we were involved in, was a pure & classic example. I do not care what you guys think of me, so be prepared to get it back in full. 

I honestly can not comprehend how some of you feel so superior to us. Want to tell us why you feel this way? You certainly went on a nice little rant in the other thread because you didn't like what I said on the topic of engine oil. I had the same behavior as yours when I was 5 and defeated in an argument, but usually called people a "doo doo head" instead of "yank". 

6 minutes ago, Strange said:

good one.... 

I hope you read the entire thread thus far. 

This replies in thread are about how a lot of the english honestly believe they are superior to americans. Probably wasn't the intention, but hey. 

The other thread we were involved in, was a pure & classic example. I do not care what you guys think of me, so be prepared to get it back in full. 

I honestly can not comprehend how some of you feel so superior to us. Want to tell us why you feel this way? You certainly went on a nice little rant in the other thread because you didn't like what I said on the topic of engine oil. I had the same behavior as yours when I was 5 and defeated in an argument, but usually called people a "doo doo head" instead of "yank". 

No, I don't agree with that (my choice) the facts that you were stating were just wrong it's as simple as that. Opinions are a great thing and bring out some good theories especially on these forums where people are asking for advice when a lot of the background information is unclear or just there.

As I pointed out theories and advice are  a wonderful but facts are required when giving out information that could potentially do damage or harm to someone or their property.

Having worked in a lot of countries with all nationalities I have never had an issue with anyone so far but it seems you would like to change that for whatever personal reason you bear, I will not relent and will endeavor to curry your friendship over a period of time whatever insults you may challenge me with so long as you kindly include me in your posts (which you have been doing)

Until the next time which will probably be very soon

1 hour ago, transam said:

Heeeeeey, careful about the "Little Englander" thingy..........I have traced my English family back 1000 years....:giggle:

Are they all voting Democrat now?

At least one had good sense - says he can sing too....

34 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

No, I don't agree with that (my choice) the facts that you were stating were just wrong it's as simple as that. Opinions are a great thing and bring out some good theories especially on these forums where people are asking for advice when a lot of the background information is unclear or just there.

As I pointed out theories and advice are  a wonderful but facts are required when giving out information that could potentially do damage or harm to someone or their property.

Having worked in a lot of countries with all nationalities I have never had an issue with anyone so far but it seems you would like to change that for whatever personal reason you bear, I will not relent and will endeavor to curry your friendship over a period of time whatever insults you may challenge me with so long as you kindly include me in your posts (which you have been doing)

Until the next time which will probably be very soon

Sensationalize much? It was engine oil and diagnostics. Not "damage or harm to someone or their property" you just wanted to rant and its not the first time so don't try and flip it back on me. 

Don't even try that sarcastic moral high road at the end either. 

Whatever you wanna do or what ever opinions you have thats all up to you and your problem entirely. Myself, I'm out of patience with a lot of you guys. 

1 minute ago, Anythingleft? said:

See I knew it "Strange" you do want to be friends you old teddy bear you

Come on over we can rebore my lawnmower and you can teach an old dog new tricks

Wouldn't want to waste my time, probably just out of gas. 

On 10/10/2016 at 3:03 AM, Jingthing said:

Olde fashioned? Blame it one Websr

(pssst, pssst, JT...youse gots to distinguish between Noah and Daniel or our confused friends shall think the worst...)

ahem, yes, ol' Webster...he took on de debbil himself in typical american style...

On 09/10/2016 at 8:26 PM, pgrahmm said:

OK - Neutral corners everbody......

Enjoy the music during this short intermission.....

When that was still Australia's anthem, 40 plus years ago, it had to be sung in school assembly: more than 50% of kids surveyed thought the lyrics were "Send her to Victoria", at least of those from Victoria.

Archived