What do Americans think of Poms?

upside

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, transam said:

I used Bill Miller alloy rods.....

I used Chinese RPM 4340 steel rods in the pic. The machine work and integrity is on a new level. Been living with over 700 HP at the tire on Nitrous. Chinese lol. Still holding up. 

http://www.racingpartsmaximum.com/index.htm

Pistons are custom Weisco for my application. 

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

I used Chinese RPM 4340 steel rods in the pic. The machine work and integrity is on a new level. Been living with over 700 HP at the tire on Nitrous. Chinese lol. Still holding up. 

Think I had around 700hp many years back now...Bit of N2O.......1976 two ton dinosaur TA on street tyres 11.5 @ 121mph, sadly my venture for the 10's came to an end....:sad:

well, you know, the violence that is caused by vibration at a resonant frequency near 3000 rpm can really disturb the ride when yew got 300 hp under the bonnet...

yeah...whatta yew care anyway, crawl back under yer rock in a galaxy far, far away...

(fruit bat?...an interesting variation on 'me old china'...)

8 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

hmmm...is the micrometer for weight balancing or for measuring clearances? I note that there are some numbers etched on the rods...

The Dial Indicator is a .0001" measurement tool used to check bearing clearance (Oil Clearance) but its mounted on a magnetic fixture attached to my shop. Many uses, and it accurately repeats to a ten-thousandth of an inch. 

The rods, etched into them is 6.200" (rod length) and my sharpie writing is the assembly number (#1, #4, etc.) for the bore its going into so I can gap the piston rings exactly for the bore they are installed in. The Number on the big-end is the bearing clearance (Oil Clearance) for the crank journal it will be installed on as per my desired maximum RPM range and oil weight requirements. 

5 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

well, you know, the violence that is caused by vibration at a resonant frequency near 3000 rpm can really disturb the ride when yew got 300 hp under the bonnet...

yeah...whatta yew care anyway, crawl back under yer rock in a galaxy far, far away...

My stuff is zero balanced and spun to 7200 RPM through an automatic. 

I've had a couple British friends here - very nice.  Most seem to not like me because I say tomato and you say tomato.

Very strange.  

Would they all be speaking german now if americans hadn't helped ?

I never knew about Brits disliking Americans until I came to Thailand.  We welcome British with open arms in America.

8 minutes ago, kanderson said:

I've had a couple British friends here - very nice.  Most seem to not like me because I say tomato and you say tomato.

Very strange.  

Would they all be speaking german now if americans hadn't helped ?

I never knew about Brits disliking Americans until I came to Thailand.  We welcome British with open arms in America.

Seems you haven't met me then.....:sad:

I can only remember Mahle Pistons But I was an Evo Ricer bak then

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

44 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Translated .How to start Bickering Feast

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

yeah...sorta reminds me of the good ol days on TVF back in 2003 that most of you kids don't remember...we just need ol Boon Mee and his rabid sidekick here to stir it up a bit...and they both still knows that I respec'  them...

but it is inevitable that the mods will wade in with the batons if it gets anymore outta hand...how could the present local powers that be allow such outrageous freedom of expression?

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Translated .How to start Bickering Feast

Exactly. Brits here don't care in the slightest what 'Mercuns think, 'cause they're considered stupid, ignorant, hillbillies. OP was just bait to draw out "Mercuns for another bash. Hence I'll bash Brits whenever I have the chance and always give a smile, as they do for 'Mercuns, at any misfortune that befalls them, often an arrest. ;)

I liked the Brits in Britain just fine, even the cop who almost turned my suitcase over to the bomb disposal unit when I'd left it just for a sec ouside a WHSmith; and I did, incredibly, meet a well-mannered Oxford-educated Brit once in Pattaya who could speak English and carry on an intelligent conversation. But the others in Pattaya, as on the forum, just seem uniformly vile--arrogant, provincial, snide know-it-alls and blowhards. I speak from many years' experience. Remember, "You can take a Brit out of the council estate, but you can't get the council estate out of the Brit." And of course whinging, constantly. As is noted by a Brit researcher recently,

BRITAIN is a nation of moaners who complain more than 70 times a week each.

Researchers found our love of complaining, like Disney dwarf Grumpy and TV’s Victor Meldrew, means we grumble at least 11 times every weekday and 16 times over the weekend.

It also emerged we will already have had three grumbles before we even leave the house in the morning.

In fact, Brits complain so much that more than three quarters admit to having a moan about other people moaning or complaining.

--http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/415315/british-nation-moaners-people-complain-more-than-70-times-week-each

My advice to 'Mercun newbies to the forum is that they should realize that it's war with the Brits here, who greatly outnumber us. Avoid mention of 'Mercun companies and esp. do not mention anything good about the USA or anything you might be (stupidly) proud of in relation to that country. Otherwise, be prepared for a bash. Start regretting that WWII help (should have let the Russians handle it, as all forum Brits know would have done the trick anyway), the war debt forgiveness, etc. Don't bother trying to talk to a Brit if you run across one (or esp. several) in bar, either. Learned that early on. That said, if they're not English, but, say, Scottish you might be able to have a real conversation if you can get past the accent.

25 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Exactly. Brits here don't care in the slightest what 'Mercuns think, 'cause they're considered stupid, ignorant, hillbillies. OP was just bait to draw out "Mercuns for another bash. Hence I'll bash Brits whenever I have the chance and always give a smile, as they do for 'Mercuns, at any misfortune that befalls them, often an arrest. ;)

I liked the Brits in Britain just fine, even the cop who almost turned my suitcase over to the bomb disposal unit when I'd left it just for a sec ouside a WHSmith; and I did, incredibly, meet a well-mannered Oxford-educated Brit once in Pattaya who could speak English and carry on an intelligent conversation. But the others in Pattaya, as on the forum, just seem uniformly vile--arrogant, provincial, snide know-it-alls and blowhards. I speak from many years' experience. Remember, "You can take a Brit out of the council estate, but you can't get the council estate out of the Brit." And of course whinging, constantly. As is noted by a Brit researcher recently,

BRITAIN is a nation of moaners who complain more than 70 times a week each.

Researchers found our love of complaining, like Disney dwarf Grumpy and TV’s Victor Meldrew, means we grumble at least 11 times every weekday and 16 times over the weekend.

It also emerged we will already have had three grumbles before we even leave the house in the morning.

In fact, Brits complain so much that more than three quarters admit to having a moan about other people moaning or complaining.

--http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/415315/british-nation-moaners-people-complain-more-than-70-times-week-each

My advice to 'Mercun newbies to the forum is that they should realize that it's war with the Brits here, who greatly outnumber us. Avoid mention of 'Mercun companies and esp. do not mention anything good about the USA or anything you might be (stupidly) proud of in relation to that country. Otherwise, be prepared for a bash. Start regretting that WWII help (should have let the Russians handle it, as all forum Brits know would have done the trick anyway), the war debt forgiveness, etc. Don't bother trying to talk to a Brit if you run across one (or esp. several) in bar, either. Learned that early on. That said, if they're not English, but, say, Scottish you might be able to have a real conversation if you can get past the accent.

Oh dear oh dear..............:rolleyes:

20+ years in Thailand and other than a few Thai babes taking advantage Poms have been the only ones who have screwed me over or gave me a problem. Having said that I do have many English friends but based on my history I am a little more less trusting.

I haveta admit that it was a relief to be with my ex wifes irish catholic family in Glasgow during the times when we went to visit, usually during the xmas holidays...I always felt an affinity with the place...the affinity of the oppressed, probably...

we were walking with the buggy one new years day and I was hailed: 'hey,  jimmy!' and they pressed 50 pence into my son's little hands in the scottish tradition...and I became tearful...

not to say that ye don't haveta watch yerself around there...if ye wander into the wrong bar lookin fer a half of whisky ye may end up being carried out...a barman once that knew my father in law interceded when some ginger haired celtic monster started to flex when he decided that he didn't like the look of me...leather jacketed hard men with razor scars, etc...all the stuff that you read about in the Ian Rankin novels

but all that don't matter...I love Glasgow with the danger and all...

it just seems to illustrate somethin' about my time in the UK...

22 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://time.com/3198225/britain-poorest-state/&ved=0ahUKEwi98L_b2MTPAhUJO48KHYE9CMoQFggfMAI&usg=AFQjCNEa7OZloWaNdDAKmV2JEs4KE9z5Xw&sig2=9GZG4YC2tIHQ4Bp3gj3xgw

By and large I don't believe Americans think much about England....

There's really no significant product or import that comes to the US that would help to make anything English or from England a relatable household experience or contribution.....Most of the news from England that is heard from is usually when something bad happens....Or royalty is visiting.....

And, if in the US meeting, hearing someone with a British accent is a pretty rare occurance.....

Other than goverments agreeing or disagreeing we really don't hear or think to much about them.....

Really more vocal & concentated here on TVF than real life experience....

Oh, I don't know about that. Maybe Dr. Who and Sherlock Holmes have some impact, set as they are in a modern day British environment. I understand both have a significant American fan base. By and large, I would say both Nations interpret each other mostly through the media, as both are insular and there is minimal face to face contact between your average American and your average Britisher. Of course,  we do meet abroad but I doubt the Americans I meet are typical, at least the ex-pats. Tourists, I supppose, might be more representative, but even then we're talking the more wealthy segments of society.

3 hours ago, Strange said:

So what exactly are you trying to say? ^^

the inference is a bit muddled but basically the violence and humanity of Glasgow were preferable to anywhere in England...

not to say that the glasweigians are in anyway immune from bigotry...folks from 'south of the border' are spat at with the 'sassenach' invective...I got an easy ride because I am from LA...

and then there is the Celtic/Rangers football problem...protestant orangemen march thru roman catholic neighbohoods like in northern Ireland...

but I choose to ignore that...

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:45 PM, Strange said:

Yep, whinging poms (Or Limey). Winge, winge, and more winge, with a bunch of pseudo like-a-sir "Civility" thrown in there. 

Typically seen in bars, wasting away, complaining about america and comparing their "Civilized" country or ours. 

Can also be seen walking with a funny posture trying to look "hard" and typically have an uncomfortable grimace on their face. 

Should be kept at a distance due to the sour demeanor being contagious. 

this make me laugh so much, civilized country like ours,,lol

you dont have any history, in england the brits were doing engineering wonders when you daft sods were still chasing indians about on horse back,,lol

hows the  bridge you daft sods  bought ?

and as for helping in the war, you joied when it was just about over,

its not like in all the movies you lot make, look at us we won the war single handed,lol

the last time i was in a bar was when i was working inbetween rayong and pattaya and i lodged in pattaya and that was over 2 years ago, see we dont all sit in a bar looking hard as you put it,

i mean lets get this right, most ham shanks have allways got 2 of what anyone else has on of, and if they havnt got 2 they have one twice as big,

its allways the same, ours is bigger,ours is better, we did this we did that,

give me good old brit humor and craic over boasting ham shanks anyday

Archived