Niece of killed Army conscript presents evidence in defamation case

webfact

Niece of killed Army conscript presents evidence in defamation case

Pratch Rujivanarom
The Nation 

30296981-01_big.jpg

Narissarawan

BANGKOK: -- THE niece of a man beaten to death in an Army camp yesterday filed documents with Narathiwat’s provincial public prosecutor as evidence that she did not defame Major Phuri Perksopon.

Narissarawan Kaewnopparat and her lawyer yesterday presented documents to the prosecutor that she says proves she did not defame Phuri, who is suing her for defamation and computer crime.

Narissarawan is the niece of Private Wichien Pheuksom, who was beaten to death in an Army camp in 2011.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Niece-of-killed-Army-conscript-presents-evidence-i-30296981.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-06

A wonderful, humble, extremely brave, and dignified. I wish her the very best. A gauntlet of uttter dross and shameless adversaries await her. I hope she prevails and any attempts to degrade her further fall flat

For those who are unfamiliar with this ongoing saga it is important that you know some important background details. As pointed out by fellow TV contributor Orac in an earlier discussion on this topic, "The officer filing this defamation charge has influential connections through his father, General Choke Perksophon, who is a senior member of the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) and a member of army class 14 along with several junta members" - See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/944445-niece-of-army-torture-victim-indicted-for-defaming-officer/?page=2

Under these circumstances, I'm sure you'll agree that the scales of justice can hardly be balanced, and the words "Thai" and "Justice" can be read with exactly the same meaning as "Chalk" and "Cheese"!

chalk-and-cheese.jpg

37 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

Just the military reverting to type - gutless cowards who can only fight their own people.

I doubt that can be right as they all wear a chest full of medals presumably for gallantry and heroism in the line of duty and combat against unknown invaders. Victory Monument is not there for decoration surely?

She really has a chance as good as snowflake in hell. The government is military and the plaintiff father is a senior officer and he is a high rank officer. The courts and corruption agencies have displayed much doubtful investigation or verdict. No cases involving senior military officers got any traction. Fell sorry for her bravery but she against formidable odds. 

When a three-star Army flag officer charged and arrested by the army as a kingpin of human trafficking in 2015 goes still unpunished by either military or  criminal courts, it is unlikely that a civilian complaint against the army can be reasonably expected to get fair justice. No checks and balances by the very organization allegedly championing judicial reform and equal justice.

There's a long article from Nov 2015 in the BP Spectrum section with background to the case and the soldier's torture and death that's worth reading (Google: Wichian Phuaksom spectrum).

Edited by katana