Five killed in drownings in single day

geovalin

Two adults and three children drowned across Kandal, Kampong Speu and Banteay Meanchey provinces on Wednesday, police said yesterday.

The youngest, 2-year-old Sarem Phoy, drowned in Banteay Meanchey after slipping in the river while searching for his mother, who was using the water for washing, said Khema Mara, chief of Russey Krork commune.

Two adults in their early 20s identified only as Tin and Cheata also drowned after jumping into the fast-running water at Kampong Speu’s O’Krang Ambel waterfall, said Samrong Tong district police chief Khouth Sophal.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 07/10

On October 8, 2016 at 9:34 AM, phantomfiddler said:

I don,t know why swimming is not taught at schools as part of the corriculum, they do this in Scotland and it is probably the single most important thing that a person can learn !

As much as they love water here you would sure think so. It doesn't take long to learn either, can you imagine the curse it would be to not know how? I would think the PM could make a few points there, Mandatory swimming lessons, and Mandatory driving lessons. Creates jobs too, whats not to like. Well I guess you might have trouble finding enough teachers that know how to swim, maybe some expat jobs?