90 day report will not be accepted without a copy of current TM30

Thailand

2 minutes ago, sappersrest said:

I do however believe that the Thai member of the household takes precedence as house master, I may be wrong.

Right, I may try one of my dogs next time :). They have laws and they do not follow them. Simple.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I mailed mine in, registered mail, and kept a copy.  Any clues on whether or not that will be acceptable?  I put an envelope with a stamp with it, but others are saying they won't return it. 

I posted mine and a friends and they were received on 6th, no TM30 included as I only heard about it on Friday, I would think they would give some notice if they are going to enforce it in the future, but who knows.

Should know by mid-week I would think. I am fairly sure they will return them with slips!

Also just heard of two separate people that were fined only 800baht when filing their TM30,perhaps it's negotiable or they are simply making too much money.:P

Could have a situation where so many people are queuing to file the TM30 and pay their fines that queue sitters or agents will have to be employed to arrive at 2am to obtain tickets, doubt if the numbers will be restricted in this case! :)

7 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I posted mine and a friends and they were received on 6th, no TM30 included as I only heard about it on Friday, I would think they would give some notice if they are going to enforce it in the future, but who knows.

Should know by mid-week I would think. I am fairly sure they will return them with slips!

Also just heard of two separate people that were fined only 800baht when filing their TM30,perhaps it's negotiable or they are simply making too much money.:P

You mailed in your 90 day report without the tm30?  I just mailed in the tm30...i had just returned from the US.

4 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

You mailed in your 90 day report without the tm30?  I just mailed in the tm30...i had just returned from the US.

To the best of my knowledge ChiangMai Imm wiil not accept TM30 submissions by post despite the main website Immigration.go.th saying they will.

29 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Just been told that a friend, of  a friend, had GT4 do his 90 day report last Friday.He has been on several 2 day/night trips recently Pai.Chiang Dao etc.He asked GT4 should he worry about aTM 30 they said no need, dont worry .He rents and doesnt even know where the landlady lives in Bangkok. As long as the rent hits her bank account she is not remotley interested, neither is he.

26 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Just been told that a friend, of  a friend, had GT4 do his 90 day report last Friday.He has been on several 2 day/night trips recently Pai.Chiang Dao etc.He asked GT4 should he worry about aTM 30 they said no need, dont worry .He rents and doesnt even know where the landlady lives in Bangkok. As long as the rent hits her bank account she is not remotley interested, neither is he.

It was Friday when my friend was advised of future requirements by the criminal investigation dept,room 3?, at Airport Imm. These are the guys who are collecting the money, anyway as always, time will tell.

Confucious he say : what the hell do I know!

Edited by Thailand

I sent an email to my visa agent yesterday about this and they replied today saying YES, TM30 now required by everyone for renewal of the visa, and this comes from CM's largest visa agent.

Edited by chiang mai

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

I sent an email to my visa agent yesterday about this and they replied today saying YES, TM30 now required by everyone for renewal of the visa, and this comes from CM's largest visa agent.

Makes more sense but quite possible that could change as well here.

Every few weeks seems to bring something new. :)

Interesting. Last week I asked a well known visa agent about TM 30 and they said you needed it, period. Nothing about yes for this and no for that.

Perhaps the reliability of our agent's words is about the same as the immigration official's.

Heaven forbid!?[emoji15][emoji12]

6 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Yes we all understand this

But we are talking about the  90 day report

The VISA Extension is another storey

Just got this email from one of my visa agents:

Good afternoon,

I hope you are well.

As many of you have heard there is a new requirement at the immigration office called TM.30 registration of address. This rules has been strictly enforced since August 2016, there has been many changes and addition to the rules and many information has been floating around mainly on the internet about exactly what is the TM.30?

I would like to inform you of the information below but please be advised that new changes can happen at any moment. 

As the new rules of immigration office every foreigner must be registered into an address in Thailand, this is now required for anything regarding your visa and 90 days report and if you don’t have a TM.30 receipt you can’t complete your visa extension or 90 days report.

The TM.30 process is to be completed by either your house owners, landlord, Thai person authorised by house owners, person in charge at apartment/condo and is to be done either online or at the investigation building located at the old immigration office close to Chiang Mai airport.  The registration of address is to be completed within 24 hours that you have moved into the premise otherwise the landlord will have to pay a fine of 1,600 baht. 

The requirement for the TM.30 registration of address are:

1. House owner’s Thai ID card
  2. House owner’s house registration book 
  3. Photocopy of your passport (pages: photo page, visa page, departure card & latest entrance to Thailand stamp)

*if your condo/landlord is doing this online then they will take care of it and all you need to provide them is your passport photocopies. 

Once the registration has been submitted then your landlord/person who registered will get a receipt for the notification which is to be attached at the back of your passport at all times either a photocopy or original. 

This is to be completed again and every time you re-enter Thailand, all you need to do is take the receipt that you have from the previous registration to the immigration office and they  will update into their system.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,

Edited by mesquite

3 minutes ago, mesquite said:

Just got this email from one of my visa agents:

Good afternoon,

I hope you are well.

As many of you have heard there is a new requirement at the immigration office called TM.30 registration of address. This rules has been strictly enforced since August 2016, there has been many changes and addition to the rules and many information has been floating around mainly on the internet about exactly what is the TM.30?

I would like to inform you of the information below but please be advised that new changes can happen at any moment. 

As the new rules of immigration office every foreigner must be registered into an address in Thailand, this is now required for anything regarding your visa and 90 days report and if you don’t have a TM.30 receipt you can’t complete your visa extension or 90 days report.

The TM.30 process is to be completed by either your house owners, landlord, Thai person authorised by house owners, person in charge at apartment/condo and is to be done either online or at the investigation building located at the old immigration office close to Chiang Mai airport.  The registration of address is to be completed within 24 hours that you have moved into the premise otherwise the landlord will have to pay a fine of 1,600 baht. 

The requirement for the TM.30 registration of address are:

1. House owner’s Thai ID card
  2. House owner’s house registration book 
  3. Photocopy of your passport (pages: photo page, visa page, departure card & latest entrance to Thailand stamp)

*if your condo/landlord is doing this online then they will take care of it and all you need to provide them is your passport photocopies. 

Once the registration has been submitted then your landlord/person who registered will get a receipt for the notification which is to be attached at the back of your passport at all times either a photocopy or original. 

This is to be completed again and every time you re-enter Thailand, all you need to do is take the receipt that you have from the previous registration to the immigration office and they  will update into their system.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,

Guess they must have read this thread. :P

7 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

i read after i posted

But if you read the original post

You would not have had to state about the Visa Extension

IMHO

I queried the issue with my agent, he answered, I posted the jist of his reply, what is your problem!

14 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

When people talk about a "copy" of the TM30 required to be in the passport I assume they mean the "Receipt of Notification", the tear-off strip at the bottom of the TM30 which is stamped with immigration office official red stamp.

Regards,

Joe

I think that's correct, it's similar to the 90 day receipt.

14 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I think that's correct, it's similar to the 90 day receipt.

I was just looking at mine yesterday,it's the same as

the tear off bottom piece on a 90 day report form,

when my wife went with a second TM30 report

form,they said they did not need it,and just Tippexed

out the original date and wrote in new date,my wife

questioned this,and he said OK ,it's all in the computer

system,so I will include a copy of this next time i do 

90 day report by post,just to be sure.

regards worgeordie

To summarise.

Looks like if you are on longer term visas you are definitely going to need a copy of the TM30 receipt of notification in your passport. Definitely for visa renewal and probably for future 90 day reports in person or by post.

Not sure how this will apply for 90 day online reports unless they add a TM30 reference of some sort.

Once it's in there as WG and others have confirmed it only needs to be endorsed when you return from a trip unless you change your permanent address.

As requirements here change on a regular basis watch these spaces!

:)

So what you are saying is every Felix Jose and Tom who travels away from their Thailand address for more than 48 hours whether domestically or internationally must report/notify immigration by the airport upon return?

thailand does not have the IT to effectively manage this regulation. If everyone complied they would be over run by volume...

got my 90 day and retirement extension at P last week and no one asked me about TM 30....

Edited by cardinalblue

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

So what you are saying is every Felix Jose and Tom who travels away from their Thailand address for more than 48 hours whether domestically or internationally must report/notify immigration by the airport upon return?

thailand does not have the IT to effectively manage this regulation. If everyone complied they would be over run by volume...

got my 90 day and retirement extension at P last week and no one asked me about TM 30....

Same here...

I did my 90 day report at Promenada yesterday and no one asked me to show the TM30.

But maybe they will next time... the goalposts are always moving.

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Looks like it doesn't it. 

Those that consider it yet another imposition can feel free to ignore what you see here.

Me, my landlord has gone to file the TM30 today after being advised by his friend at airport imm that it is the right thing to do, I will take the trouble to staple the copy of the receipt of notification in my passport and go from there.

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I assume the "P" means Pattaya, ie Jomtien.  If so - no surprise.  Jomtien Immigration takes a sensible approach, has established a highly efficient procedure, and does not seem to  emphasize looking for bureaucratic excuses to charge "nonsense" fines the way that Chiang Mai Immigration does.