SURVEY: Should Donald Trump drop out of the Presidential Race?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump drop out of the Presidential race?  

368 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Trump ends up out of the race for any reason or by any means, the Republicans on the ballot from top to bottom will lose at least a couple of million votes due to Trump supporters who'd dropped out of voting but who had been drawn back in again by Trump. They'd likely be too ticked off to vote after again getting jilted at the altar.

No party can chuck a couple of million voters right before the polling day. Republicans need addition, not the subtraction they've been doing so determinedly and suicidally.

Also: the wildness of changing the party's nominee a month before Election Day will chase away some voters who don't like the irregularity or the incompetence of it. Further, hardly anyone in the country knows Mike Pence to boot, making the balloting both disorderly, confusing, chaotic.  Another group of dispirited Republicans will simply stay away from the voting.

As I'd said earlier today, Republicans and the rest of the right sector need to decide whether to lose with or without Trump. It's probably six of one and a half dozen of the other. However, its up to the mad chefs running the Republican Party and for Trump himself to decide. His family probably wants him to stay in.

Institutional Republicans drive Tump out and the real chaos will begin. Worse than Custer's Last Stand.

Edited by Publicus
Revise text.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, keemapoot said:

This short-fingered vulgarian, (not my words, but those of a female librarian interviewed recently) is being backed into a corner. He has unequivocally stated he will not give up, but the pressures from the GOP will be tremendous to try to save some of the GOP seats at stake. He risks burning down the entire GOP house, and laying toxic waste to it for many years.  

I'm not sure he will cooperate with the GOP in resigning, but if he gets wiped out in the debate Sunday he may feel the pressure is finally too much.

After reading your first paragraph all I can say is "Hurrah" I guess the GOP house members will be scrambling to save their precious posteriors. Nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.  Rome is truly burning. I was surprised by the vote. Is there really that many "deplorables" on TV. Oh sorry Hillary has apologized for making this comment.  

Edited by elgordo38

If RNC dropped Trump they would find themselves even more hated than Hillary by Trump's supporters. For many states the cut off date was Sept 28. As electoral college votes are dependent on each states' law, all sorts of confusion would be had. If RNC changed candidate and states couldn't or wouldn't change ballots, then new candidate might have to be write in, no "assuming" vote for replacement is meant when tick box listing Trump.

Lay down with dogs ya get fleas

3 hours ago, keemapoot said:

This short-fingered vulgarian, (not my words, but those of a female librarian interviewed recently) is being backed into a corner. He has unequivocally stated he will not give up, but the pressures from the GOP will be tremendous to try to save some of the GOP seats at stake. He risks burning down the entire GOP house, and laying toxic waste to it for many years.  

I'm not sure he will cooperate with the GOP in resigning, but if he gets wiped out in the debate Sunday he may feel the pressure is finally too much.

The vulgarian backed himself into a corner. Nobody is "better than him" at doing that. 

46 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I'm surprised you haven't read about any of Mr. Trump's recent unkind words.

The most cursory of searches revealed these articles which represent a mere smattering of  reports about  him.

(Photo: Charlie Riedel, AP)

"A newly published Rolling Stone article shows GOP front-runner Donald Trump mocking fellow candidate Carly Fiorina's looks when he sees her on TV.

When the anchor throws to Carly Fiorina for her reaction to Trump's momentum, Trump's expression sours in schoolboy disgust as the camera bores in on Fiorina. 'Look at that face!' he cries. 'Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!"

From ABC News:

" Trump's Twitter tirade wasn't the first round of shots he has fired this week at Machado, 39, a naturalized U.S. citizen who won Miss Universe two decades ago representing Venezuela.

On Tuesday morning, hours after leaving the debate stage at Hofstra University, Trump called into “Fox and Friends” and talked about how the pageant organizers "had a tremendously difficult time with" Machado.

"She was the winner, and, you know, she gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem,” Trump said. “We had a real problem. Not only that, her attitude, and we had a real problem with weight"

This from the Joplin Globe:
"Trump, perhaps unintentionally, dissed an entire cohort of U.S. combat veterans when he said many of them “are not strong enough” to handle the trauma of war, since they come home with post-traumatic stress disorder.

This, from one who never served in the military. (Neither have President Barack Obama, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, her husband, President Bill Clinton, or any of their children, but at least they have the good sense not to imply that combat veterans who have PTSD are weak.)"

Still think there's nothing recent??smile.gif

Trump supporters have a 5 second bad news retention span. 

This is a sideshow to distract voters from Friday's WikiLeaks release of Mrs Clinton's transcripts, wherein she privately gloats to Wall Street about her duplicity.

Most people have made lewd comments some time in their lives, but few have acted them out in the Oval Office on taxpayer funded mistresses, and left the clean up to their wife, who destroyed those poor women with taxpayer funded FBI and IRS agents. 

17 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Trexit?

Bexit ( BOTH exit ). Both are terrible candidates, though IMO HRC is worse. However, best of two terrible candidates is still terrible.

Like millions of Americans I supported Trump because he isn't establishment, and opposed Clinton because she is the essence of establishment.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Bexit ( BOTH exit ). Both are terrible candidates, though IMO HRC is worse. However, best of two terrible candidates is still terrible.

Like millions of Americans I supported Trump because he isn't establishment, and opposed Clinton because she is the essence of establishment.

Trexit definition Trump leaving the presidential stage before a full blown sh*tsto*m hits. Something like the recent hurricane. 

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well I think we can all agree that Trump has now firmly established himself as a bleep grabber. 

19 minutes ago, CatTonic said:

This is a sideshow to distract voters from Friday's WikiLeaks release of Mrs Clinton's transcripts, wherein she privately gloats to Wall Street about her duplicity.

Most people have made lewd comments some time in their lives, but few have acted them out in the Oval Office on taxpayer funded mistresses, and left the clean up to their wife, who destroyed those poor women with taxpayer funded FBI and IRS agents. 

Show me an honest politician without blemishes and warts. Then we can all agree that the second coming has arrived. 

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

This from the Joplin Globe:
"Trump, perhaps unintentionally, dissed an entire cohort of U.S. combat veterans when he said many of them “are not strong enough” to handle the trauma of war, since they come home with post-traumatic stress disorder.

I didn't see the speech, but he wasn't necessarily wrong. The US military has a problem attracting men willing to serve, and many that do are enlisting for reasons that may have nothing to with their ability or desire to fight.

In a better situation I'm sure many would not be sent into combat as unsuitable.

However, it is true that Trump is a very strong supporter of the military and the VA.

1 hour ago, Tracyb said:

Trump should stay in the race...if only to guarantee the demise of the Republican Party.  Once the Grand Old Party collapses, it can rebuild and re-establish credibility for the 2020 election cycle.  In the meantime perhaps, some of the diehard Republicans may see the light in regards to social injustice and get on board to support individual rights of all citizens of the USA.  ...and those Republicans who just could not, under any circumstances, support a black man as President may die off.  In the meantime, nominating Supreme Court Justices will be undertaken by a Democratic administration and the USA will continue on its way towards towards having a functioning Supreme Court after having been denied as much by the current Republican majority in the Senate. 

I absolutely agree that he should stay in and that it will lead to the demise of the Republican party, but think you are far too optimistic in believing that they can then rebuild credibility in 4 short years. The GOP is full of folks who believe that Trump's only mistake was in getting caught, and their minds will not be changed in that short a time frame.

Change 2020 to 2030 (or beyond) and I will agree with you completely.

It's too late. Ballots are already printed in every state. Early ballots  have been sent and cast in a half dozen states with more early voting by the way. His name will not be removed, even if the Republicans convince him to leave and submit another ticket. Stick aq fork in Trump and Pence. It's over. The fat lady has sung...

50 minutes ago, DSJPC said:

Donald Trump spoke like all of us real men do in male company...this is a typical Hillary blown tempest in a teapot!

All of the "real men" you know are rapey? Is that make they mean by make America great again? Make American rapey again? 

49 minutes ago, CatTonic said:

Clinton doesn't gloat in those transcripts, she just states what used to be the Republican position if you recall.  Remember?  Business friendly. Growth of Jobs. Increase corporate earnings and shareholder value. I guess those are dirty words and concepts to Trump's GOP ditto heads.  She she is catering to them, but that's what smart politicians do, it's not any radical revelation that will damage her at this point.

Obama talks about pussy (YouTube if you haven't seen it), hip hop musicians sing about pussy, millions of American women bought the 50 shades of grey book to read about men getting pussy, and Hillary's husband actually does grab pussy.

But none of that Matters because the whole media is freaking out about Trump talking about wanting to grab pussy.......is the whole world insane?

2 hours ago, Calach said:

Reminds me of Clinton almost being impeached just for banging the trainee, the guy is candidate to leading the most powerful country on Earth but he could fall for the pettiest reason. 

True.

But he was impeached for saying:  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman". It is OK to bang a trainee (JFK etc) but it is not OK to lie to Congress and the People.

But Clinton (rapist) got away with it. And now another Clinton (rapist defender) is trying to get away with it too.

Him being in the race is the best chance for Democrats to take the presidency and take back or make some gains in congress.  If he wins it will be interesting to see how badly (bigly) he screws up. Saying " som nam na" (serves you right) for the next 4 years to my Trump supporting friends will be fun.

There is no way Trump should withdraw .The majority of politicians worldwide  will  not stand up to major scrutiny by hostile journalists and social media  over a period going back ten years or more .

The people who win elections in US money politics are the people who can keep the lid on their past until after they are elected. Donald Trump may not make a good president but compared to the opposition he is the best choice .

Has everybody lost their sense of humour? The Donald is providing great comedy - on the most enormous street theatre stage ever.  I think the GOP and the US public deserve congratulations and the world's admiration.  It's an enormous  demonstration of confidence and strength to be able to encourage self-deprecating humour on a global level.  Way better than a season of any other reality show going.

Kinda of a senseless question as it is too late to drop out. Ballots are already cast (I already voted), ballots are printed out, past the deadline in all states to put someone else on the ballot. The only thing that Republicans can do now is do a write-in. Even if he died tomorrow, its too late.

The Republicans have had a majority on the senate(54 of 100) and house (248 of 440) for the past 4 years, have a majority of the governorships in the states (31 of 50), a majority in the state legislatures (70 of 99), and 4 out of 8 in the Supreme Court, but whine about kicking out the elites. Get real as to who the real elites are.  

Edited by Rama