SURVEY: Should Donald Trump drop out of the Presidential Race?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump drop out of the Presidential race?  

368 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based on the recent release of a recording of Donald Trump speaking in what many consider a sexually explicit manner, do you believe he should drop out of the presidential race?

Please feel free to leave a comment. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This short-fingered vulgarian, (not my words, but those of a female librarian interviewed recently) is being backed into a corner. He has unequivocally stated he will not give up, but the pressures from the GOP will be tremendous to try to save some of the GOP seats at stake. He risks burning down the entire GOP house, and laying toxic waste to it for many years.  

I'm not sure he will cooperate with the GOP in resigning, but if he gets wiped out in the debate Sunday he may feel the pressure is finally too much.

While I think Trump is a nutter, I think he should stay on the race. This is simply to destroy the current GOP so that the party can start over. 

GOP is going to hold a meeting on Monday, probably to drop support from Trump and to choose a new GOP nominee. Who that will be? I hope not Pence as he is way out in the orbit.

"In the year two-thousand sixteen, we have a VP candidate who denies evolution.  Just in case you thought Trump was hogging all the stupid."

You can feel the panic from the establishment and their media shills as the latest batch of Hillary e-mails is released. Hence the calls for Trump to drop out. Basically Trump is crude and bombastic, Hillary is a liar, utterly corrupt with no moral compass. There is the choice, hence Trump is the lesser of the two evils.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Oh please not bevor the next TV meeting tomorrow in the evening, US time.

I would like to see if this "irresistible celebrity" will be successful in kissing Hillary and ... you know ... !

Edited by puck2

In the UK I listen to LBC Radio a lot. It's a phone in station.

A few of the women rang in and just said it was just claptrap and no big deal. They said that men talk like that among themselves and they just laughed it off. So if women in the UK think that then so must many Yank women.

It seems the US elite are getting a bit worried.

The Clinton News Network assure the elite in the US that if she's elected then its more of the same and they get to keep their cushy positions in their ivory towers.

The battle for the White House is also widely covered in the UK media and if anything bad about her is said the presenter immediately switches to Trumps's tax returns, his racism, homophobia, islamophobia, sexism and political incorrectness etc etc. All the media outlets adopt this routine but social media tells a different story.

It was the same in the UK regarding the EU referendum. The establishment went one way, the people the other.

Stay in. This will facilitate;

-  Election of  Mrs. C as president.

- Shift in control of the U.S. Senate to Democrats. This in turn  will ensure that competent  judges are appointed to the  Supreme Court reversing the years  of the erosion of civil rights and freedoms. 2 judges are due for retirement and 1 appointment is pending. This will swing the court. All that needs to be done is for   Clarence to go away..

- A continued stability in the economy and foreign relations.

Trump is the best thing that could have happened for  people who care about social justice and stability.

31 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

You can feel the panic from the establishment and their media shills as the latest batch of Hillary e-mails is released. Hence the calls for Trump to drop out. Basically Trump is crude and bombastic, Hillary is a liar, utterly corrupt with no moral compass. There is the choice, hence Trump is the lesser of the two evils.

Some of us can see the Russian meddling and attempts to interfere in the  democratic process in the USA. We can also see that Assange is a strategic ally and  useful tool for the Russians.  We have common sense and understand that emails must be taken in context. Mor eimportantly we appreciate the concept of  illegal activity and that information  gained through illegal and unethical means is tainted.

33 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

Are we to believe you're genuinely serious.     Trump doesn't lie?

1 hour ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Of course he should withdraw from the race.  The only question is will he withdraw.  And I think there's a reasonable chance of this happening soon after the debate.

Of course he should withdraw from the race.  The only question is will he withdraw.  And I think there's a reasonable chance of this happening soon after the debate.

For a few words of bravado 10 years ago...... are you insane?

Trump is going to win easy.... the polls are only slightly favouring Clinton and just like Brexit. They're biased towards the liberals. 

Reminds me of Clinton almost being impeached just for banging the trainee, the guy is candidate to leading the most powerful country on Earth but he could fall for the pettiest reason. 

Edited by Calach

How can something said 11 years ago in locker room style prevent someone from running for pres. it's insane. He wasn't running for anything then. Not even mayor.  When I first heard this story break I thought this is it, then I heard it was 11 years ago and turned off the TV.  Is Donald so squeaky clean they can't find something more relevant in the recent past to lynch him on?  It's so easy to do for the other candidate.  Every week/ day on TVF we can read posters with degrading comments not just about women but everyone. Big deal. They aren't running for poster of the year or something possibly more important.  Most of it is said sarcastically.  There are too many  literal people these days. They have to get a life.  This is why many extremely qualified people in at least the UK and USA can't run for anything because they know they were not angels in their past and both countries have the most microscopic media in the world. Both countries media will probably make google explode searching for some bs on whomever they plan to attack. It's pathetic.  I still think both of these candidates suck and the reason the USA is left with such crap is because of the media. 

They both should drop out of the race. The fact the either of them were put into play says America is in real trouble. And it's not Trump's words and actions that are the problem... It's that his supporters don't care!  How can so many Americans think the way he does? And while Clinton is certainly far more experienced and able as far as politics go, she really is NOT an acceptable alternative.

Let's add one more line to the ballot this year:

"None of the above."

If this one gets a majority vote, lets do the whole thing over again with different candidates.

He definitely should stay in and I hope he wins and becomes the next president. Hillary is Obama's puppet and has already said she will follow his plans and ideas. If she wins she will follow his plans to rename North America into North Saudi America. Obama already has them praying on the White house lawn

I guess if Trump does not win he will go on to make another fortune from reality shows with names like Pussy Hunter, Talk Nonsense, Putin's Pal, TIT (trust in trump) , Kiss me I'm a celebrity ,etc etc.

Win,win unfortunately

What happens when he drops out, forced or voluntarily? Are the already cast votes still valid? Can the ballots be changed? Can a new candidate be chosen or appointed?

Same questions if Pence withdraws.

2 hours ago, oilinki said:

While I think Trump is a nutter, I think he should stay on the race. This is simply to destroy the current GOP so that the party can start over. 

GOP is going to hold a meeting on Monday, probably to drop support from Trump and to choose a new GOP nominee. Who that will be? I hope not Pence as he is way out in the orbit.

I agree with you, But then I look at Hils and shake my head. I think Sanders would have been a sensible choice but then we have to recall who else has been elected over there.

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

How can something said 11 years ago in locker room style prevent someone from running for pres. it's insane. He wasn't running for anything then. Not even mayor.  When I first heard this story break I thought this is it, then I heard it was 11 years ago and turned off the TV.  Is Donald so squeaky clean they can't find something more relevant in the recent past to lynch him on?  It's so easy to do for the other candidate.  Every week/ day on TVF we can read posters with degrading comments not just about women but everyone. Big deal. They aren't running for poster of the year or something possibly more important.  Most of it is said sarcastically.  There are too many  literal people these days. They have to get a life.  This is why many extremely qualified people in at least the UK and USA can't run for anything because they know they were not angels in their past and both countries have the most microscopic media in the world. Both countries media will probably make google explode searching for some bs on whomever they plan to attack. It's pathetic.  I still think both of these candidates suck and the reason the USA is left with such crap is because of the media. 

I'm surprised you haven't read about any of Mr. Trump's recent unkind words.

The most cursory of searches revealed these articles which represent a mere smattering of  reports about  him.

(Photo: Charlie Riedel, AP)

"A newly published Rolling Stone article shows GOP front-runner Donald Trump mocking fellow candidate Carly Fiorina's looks when he sees her on TV.

When the anchor throws to Carly Fiorina for her reaction to Trump's momentum, Trump's expression sours in schoolboy disgust as the camera bores in on Fiorina. 'Look at that face!' he cries. 'Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?!"

From ABC News:

" Trump's Twitter tirade wasn't the first round of shots he has fired this week at Machado, 39, a naturalized U.S. citizen who won Miss Universe two decades ago representing Venezuela.

On Tuesday morning, hours after leaving the debate stage at Hofstra University, Trump called into “Fox and Friends” and talked about how the pageant organizers "had a tremendously difficult time with" Machado.

"She was the winner, and, you know, she gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem,” Trump said. “We had a real problem. Not only that, her attitude, and we had a real problem with weight"

This from the Joplin Globe:
"Trump, perhaps unintentionally, dissed an entire cohort of U.S. combat veterans when he said many of them “are not strong enough” to handle the trauma of war, since they come home with post-traumatic stress disorder.

This, from one who never served in the military. (Neither have President Barack Obama, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, her husband, President Bill Clinton, or any of their children, but at least they have the good sense not to imply that combat veterans who have PTSD are weak.)"

Still think there's nothing recent??smile.gif

Edited by watcharacters

31 minutes ago, Gudge said:

He definitely should stay in and I hope he wins and becomes the next president. Hillary is Obama's puppet and has already said she will follow his plans and ideas. If she wins she will follow his plans to rename North America into North Saudi America. Obama already has them praying on the White house lawn

Trump should stay in the race - and then lose. 

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:
In the UK I listen to LBC Radio a lot. It's a phone in station.

A few of the women rang in and just said it was just claptrap and no big deal. They said that men talk like that among themselves and they just laughed it off. So if women in the UK think that then so must many Yank women.

It seems the US elite are getting a bit worried.

The Clinton News Network assure the elite in the US that if she's elected then its more of the same and they get to keep their cushy positions in their ivory towers.

The battle for the White House is also widely covered in the UK media and if anything bad about her is said the presenter immediately switches to Trumps's tax returns, his racism, homophobia, islamophobia, sexism and political incorrectness etc etc. All the media outlets adopt this routine but social media tells a different story.

It was the same in the UK regarding the EU referendum. The establishment went one way, the people the other.

So 51.9% = "The People".

While a whisker under half the population (48.1%)  =  UnPeople, and are irrelevant?

Very interesting discussion on Radio 3 a couple of weeks ago about how "The People" is/are used. (Usually by Dictators)

And before you start blathering on about media bias in the UK you must be aware (re talking about Trump after Clintons misdemeanours are mentioned) that in the UK it is a requirement for the broadcast media to be "balanced", hence the necessity for a presenter to comment upon the blackness of "pots" when the darkness of "kettles" is brought up.  That is also why the minority UKIP was allowed to have representatives on news programmes along with the majority "Big Boys".  A bit like having the KKK included in a televised debate with Don and Hill, "balance".

Unlike the US where there is no such requirement and the respective "teams" of presenters are essentially assassination squads on behalf of one party or the other.

Edited by Enoon

Trump should stay in the race...if only to guarantee the demise of the Republican Party.  Once the Grand Old Party collapses, it can rebuild and re-establish credibility for the 2020 election cycle.  In the meantime perhaps, some of the diehard Republicans may see the light in regards to social injustice and get on board to support individual rights of all citizens of the USA.  ...and those Republicans who just could not, under any circumstances, support a black man as President may die off.  In the meantime, nominating Supreme Court Justices will be undertaken by a Democratic administration and the USA will continue on its way towards towards having a functioning Supreme Court after having been denied as much by the current Republican majority in the Senate.