Vios driver: Vigo driver was beeping and flashing his lights at me so I pulled out the gun

rooster59

Just now, kannot said:

sometimes lady luck helps, i remember the time a guy  in  the Thai way overtook coming towards me on my  side of the road (  imminent head on collision) when there was  clearly  no room to. I refused to swerve out the way and he  missed me by mm.............looking  in the rear view mirror i saw  his pick up swerve  left right, fishtailing before finally  flipping  over.

Oh for a rear-facing dashcam... That would be worth seeing. I hope you went back to help the piece of fish...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

back in my early days a guy overtook me as we were both turning at a T intersection. i flipped him off and he spent the next several km trying to run me off the road. i stopped to let him get away from me and he tried to box me in. i have learnt to just let it go now. there is no winning in a situation like that.

Yeah, Tolerate and don't retaliate . = longer life here.

10 minutes ago, kannot said:

sometimes lady luck helps, i remember the time a guy  in  the Thai way overtook coming towards me on my  side of the road (  imminent head on collision) when there was  clearly  no room to. I refused to swerve out the way and he  missed me by mm.............looking  in the rear view mirror i saw  his pick up swerve  left right, fishtailing before finally  flipping  over.

Clearly, his lack of ability at judging distance, potential risk and consequences, is all your fault.   :tongue:

3 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

you mean - 

" and that made him angry so he pulled out the gun."

yep - perfectly reasonable response for a Thai teenager.

Sarcasm. Its a wonderful thing for those that get it ?

Hair pulling chaos for those that dont.

The kids an idiot and its a good way to get killed. Pull a gun, you use. Scare tactics just get you in trouble (small fines and such)

2 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Clearly, his lack of ability at judging distance, potential risk and consequences, is all your fault.   :tongue:

Quite............bloody falangs,  

got the dashcams after that to prove  my  guilt  etc

It was the highlight of  my year, last time i mentioned it here  some  plank slagged  me off for failing to avoid  it

Edited by kannot

3 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

The Vios was behind the Vigo ....... so could not see any flashing lights ....

Pack of lies by scum who is not man enough to take responsibility.

"He said that the man in the Vigo pick-up had been beeping his horn and flashing his lights at him. Then the pick up driver pulled in front and applied his brakes trying to make him crash into the back, he claimed. " Based on this statement from the OP it is clear the Vigo was behind initially. Regardless in this or any similar cases the best option is not to retaliate, no matter who is wrong, as this could help prevent the gun crazies from going ballistic.

I once beeped to loudly at a big bus driver who was trying to squeeze through on the shoulder. I was genuinely concerned he was going to side swipe my car hence the urgency in my beep. The next thing the driver is hurling abuse out his window & waving a large dagger. The old adage "never bring a knife to a gun fight" sprung to mind but as always I did not have any weapon let alone a gun so continued to ignore him.

9 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

All those years ago when I first passed my driving test my uncle was quite amenable to let me get experience driving his old Morris Minor around,

I wonder ... ?

with or without loaded hand gun?

9 hours ago, indothai said:

To waive a gun should be enough to put him behind bars for a period of time.

To allow bail indicates that society is allowed to do what he did until a judge determines if he is at fault.

I'm a little lost with the laws here in Thailand.

That's why I don't even bat an eye on news that a cop is shot...

They ask for it!

10 hours ago, seajae said:

problem is that this happens on the roads everyday and you dont see everyone else pulling guns on the other drivers(well usually anyway). The idiots that get in the right hand lane then drive slow are a huge problem, the flashing of lights should be enough for them  move to the other lane but again the size of their pricks/face stops them plus the fact that that they have no driving courtesy at all. They refuse to do the speed limit and refuse to move over, in the west these idiots get pulled over by the police and are given fines, the right hand lane is for passing not playing with yourself. Yes some drivers do go a bit far with their reactions again due to face but if the idiots that hog the right obeyed the law and moved out of the way it would not happen, this moron needs to be locked up for pulling a gun and firing it, didnt know what he was doing, what a load of sh*t, the uncle needs to be done for leaving the gun in the car as well. The Vigo driver did go a bit far braking but honestly, how many other drivers feel like doing the same thing when they encounter these lane hogging idiots that refuse to move over and drive below the speed limit, anyone backing the vios driver obviously dont know the road rules or are just as ignorant.

Amen, preach on! Why do slow drivers feel entitled to the passing lane, as if they are the standard that everyone should follow? It's nothing personal, just move to the slow lane when a car is on your ass. It's the little courtesies that make for a decent society. And then there's the raging idiots with guns.

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Sorry, but I'm with the Vios. Some of these pickup drivers can be absolute aholes on the road -- beeping and flashing him to move out of lane (and, yes, lane indiscipline gets my dander up) and then slamming on the brakes when in front! The only crime here is that the bullet went into the air.

Can't you see there is not many as warped as you............ firing a loaded gun out the window is a criminal act......... Period..........

I drive these roads in Thailand a lot and was a truck and Greyhound bus driver in the US, and you find so many people on the roads whose heads are not working. they are so inexperienced that they get scared while driving. That is normal maybe ,But if you are not using the space you are taking up on the road then....... MOVE OVER OR PARK........... Horns and lights are often used to 'WAKE UP' the sleeping driver.

A GOOD LESSON TO LEARN IS:  Use the space you are occupying or move over or Park and let somebody else to have the space.... (Something like taking up 2 parking spaces because you don't know how to park or just don't care -- and often the spaces nearest to the shop)

In no case do you blame them for your insecurity or lack of experience you have and shoot at them. PERIOD..

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

I am now at an age of it not being necessary to prove to the idiot drivers  how big my dick is - just let them go on their merry but stupid way so I can live to enjoy life.

I think you may be approving of slow drivers or those wanting to do a text message to blockade others who have a schedule and want to get to their destination. If you are at that age it is fine, just sit in your rocking chair at home and watch TV, but don't do it out there on the hiway and then shoot at the guy who need to use the road to go somewhere......

Can't believe the police even bother to report his lies - as if that could be an excuse (even if true)

Thai police is obviously not interested in making  the country save.

(And btw compare the danger of smoking an electronic cigarette with that of firing a gun in the public - absolutely unbelievable)

24 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

I think you may be approving of slow drivers or those wanting to do a text message to blockade others who have a schedule and want to get to their destination. If you are at that age it is fine, just sit in your rocking chair at home and watch TV, but don't do it out there on the hiway and then shoot at the guy who need to use the road to go somewhere......

Seems reading comprehension is not your thing. Did I mention slow driving, sending text msg's or blocking others - don't think I did but wait till I turn off the TV and I will check of course that is after I get out of the rocking chair. 

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:
He said that the man in the Vigo pick-up had been beeping his horn and flashing his lights at him. Then the pick up driver pulled in front and applied his brakes trying to make him crash into the back, he claimed.

Someone's pants are on fire. 

You don't understand Thais. My SO would slash you apart if you insulted Thai women. She'd shòot you if her brother-in-law didn't hide the gun. They all have access to firearms and are willing to use them. I'm not kidding. There are some serious people out there. Mostly as a stupid Farang your immune, but I wouldn't push it.