Im sick of the music noise in Thailand

advancebooking

Why don't you go home? Don't you know where the airport is? How dare you to complain or even mention anything bad about Thailand??

Get so tired of people like that!!

They say it because they live in small villages where they will have to explain the folks that "they are different and don't care about the noise". It's not done in Thailand to complaint about anything and sure not for a farang who's the only one in a small village.

BKK is different though, still has the noise but sure not as much as on the uneducated countryside where it's hi-so to have huge loudspeakers, bigger is better and it doesn't matter at all if the sound is misformed or far too loud for a conversation, who wants to talk anyway and about what??

I am tired of noisy unmannered kids who like to scream loud (or run around) in restaurants. They even dare to push customers away while chasing eachother...My mum would have punished me for that and even kept me on a dogleash if i wouldn't listen. She would be very ashamed to have kids like that, and it would mean "loose face much" for her in our developed world. Same goes for dogs who keep the neighbourhood awake.

Yes i know where the airport is and Nope i'm not going home. I write what i want and if you guys upcountry don't like it then why did you come to TV-forum to read it?? Don't you know where the temple is?? Can't find the remotecontrol for the tv? Why do you need a computer anyway if you prefer to live in the middle-ages? 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Why don't you go home? Don't you know where the airport is? How dare you to complain or even mention anything bad about Thailand??

Get so tired of people like that!!

They say it because they live in small villages where they will have to explain the folks that "they are different and don't care about the noise". It's not done in Thailand to complaint about anything and sure not for a farang who's the only one in a small village.

BKK is different though, still has the noise but sure not as much as on the uneducated countryside where it's hi-so to have huge loudspeakers, bigger is better and it doesn't matter at all if the sound is misformed or far too loud for a conversation, who wants to talk anyway and about what??

I am tired of noisy unmannered kids who like to scream loud (or run around) in restaurants. They even dare to push customers away while chasing eachother...My mum would have punished me for that and even kept me on a dogleash if i wouldn't listen. She would be very ashamed to have kids like that, and it would mean "loose face much" for her in our developed world. Same goes for dogs who keep the neighbourhood awake.

Yes i know where the airport is and Nope i'm not going home. I write what i want and if you guys upcountry don't like it then why did you come to TV-forum to read it?? Don't you know where the temple is?? Can't find the remotecontrol for the tv? Why do you need a computer anyway if you prefer to live in the middle-ages? 

Stop ranting you'll have a heart attack. Why are you having a go at " up country people". Get over it man you are obviously a man who likes to complain. Go and find some happiness in your life we only live once. 

7 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Stop ranting you'll have a heart attack. Why are you having a go at " up country people". Get over it man you are obviously a man who likes to complain. Go and find some happiness in your life we only live once. 

Not according to Buddhism.

I think suggesting people go home is a little extreme, although there is a certain rationale to it. Fact is living in a different country, things will be different to what you are acclimatized from decades in your own country.

Some things will appear better and other things worse. Where you reside will also make your experience different, such as being in central Pattaya or out in the remote hills somewhere.

If you like the general vibe here, then next trick is to find the location that suits you best. Sort of like the guy living next to the airport complaining about the noise, why did he settle there when there were quieter options?

The reality is that with any new country it is up to you to adapt, as the country is never going to adapt to you.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:03 PM, elephant45 said:

This forum is getting so ridiculous that I look at it less and less, and now that the classifieds is permanently shut down, I think....not much point.

Agree, it's utterly pointless. And it's the same topics over and over. There are a LOT of tragic exats living here.

hmmm you re serious or.. joking.. even 80 year old thais are just constantly in a state of squawking chattering and loud noises and shrieking senseless music.. this is not a land of calm contemplative meditative though and hasnt been for 100s of years im sure.. look the kambodians are the same.. .

they like all the noise.. its like the native tribal blacks in australia with fire.. they must have fire in the bush even in when its 45 degrees.. they like it..

thais like noise. dosnt matter what. ive never seen a thai complain about noise... i mean regular thais.

there is a several. thai people i know who.. are not good examples of regular thais who hate it.. but these are mostly.. educated people who have some distinct traits that would make them more likely to do something constructive than enjoy noise. but thats rare

MOST THAIS LOVE NOISE !!!... NOISE and distractions

it was the first thing i noticed here. the noise.

when you compare them to malays for example who are much quieter... thailand is a raucous  noisy place with no peace even in the remotest village,

get ear plugs if it pisses you off.. or make more educated worldly  friends.. if your with locals... that is.

the average person here will not understand nor care that they are making noise. hell you may also make noise as well ..

On 17/10/2016 at 7:25 AM, fruitman said:

a fried of mine.. a thai person.. who also apparently dosnt ejoy noise. onlder guy in his 50s . educated decent chap.. not typical. hes living alone devorced now and his kids all moved out..

says to me.. thai people have a number 1 trait.. which is selfishness.

their second universal trait (implying himself included) is insecurity..

every other aspect stems from these two traits.. 

lack of social discipline. dishonesty .. telling lies.. bragging obsession with money.laziness...ignorance..  .

the average village idiot dosnt care if they make noise. and its deep in their culture in an asian passive aggressive way to do these things.make noise louder more more .. not less :P..

hahaha you ask somebody to stop making noise theyll be secretly more noisy and with branch out in the types of noise they make... people who are native here who didnt like the noise just gave up along time ago as with many things to try to teach others.. im sure some middle upper class thais would be embarrassed if you told them to keep the noise down..

but most would get it..

this same thai guy tries to tell thai epople to speak their language properly use correct sounds and pronunciation . ect. and dont make funny noises when they talk (many thais do.. those high pitched noises they make when they talk are not a requirement)

hahaha <deleted> i told him good luck with it... hes a bit of a pedant..

he live and worked in denmark in the shipping industry ....years ago and loved it .. it was so quiet and orderly and respectful... hahaha poor <deleted>.

Farangs don't understand that the average Thai wakes up at 6am and those announcements by the PYB is very important, specially to the elderly villagers.

When I am staying at the Dusit Thani things is so quiet I sleep with my Mrs and baby boy until 10 in the morning but when in Isaan I am used to it already that the monks start opening the speakers at 4am in the morning, the PYB announces at 6am on the speaker who passed away at night, the crazy school taxi pickup truck announces by blaring music that they will soon pass by to pick up the kids (not my one) but the little brother of my Mrs.

Then their are the loud firecrackers that got off at 3pm and we know someone bite the dusts. 

Tesco Lotus shouts on the speaker with a volume for me unbearable that a kilo pig now is only 109 Baht a kilo and Mrs says she going over and buys 2kg. She says fuxk that market that wants to charge 139 Baht a kilo and things great that Tesco announces it on the speaker. I told her why not just read the brochure when entering the store and she says no, they read the pricelist on the microphone.

Do I agree with it? Sometimes not but hey I am living here and after almost 29 years it's not really a problem for me and sometimes after a couple of drinks I am too taking the speakers out but I do keep the bass a bit down and at 9pm I stop.

I had a very quiet time when I stayed for 3 years at Nichada Thani renting a house at the lake for 180,000 Baht per month. I miss sometimes Nichada but prefer to just save up the money to put it in the future education of my boy and happy to have the sound around if it allows to save some good money for my kid.

If I don't like the sound of Thailand I can leave Thailand with my wife and baby boy, and possible ny a condo somewhere else such as Nichada Thani or at least rent a condo at Danicha Garden which goes for around 50000 Baht a month and a Villa Market at Nichada is included.

Any farangs that complain about loud sound? Have a look at Nichada Thani, great place to stay and ISB is next door for your kids (450,000 - 1.2 Million Baht per year) with Villa Market inside Nichada and very near to CW Immigration for 90 days reporting at only 60,000 (excluding Villa Market shopping and schooling) - 290,000 Baht per month.

I don't want to be sarcastic to the TV community but Thailand has great options for anyone that wants to feel like they are staying in the West.

As for me I had that HiSo life and happy with the speakers around the Tescos, BigC's and villages. As I understand the PYB's announcement on the speakers on Thai, I am the one that wakes up the Mrs and tell her who just popped off the night before.

Funny you mention Danicha, I too lived in that place for many years and I also moved out but for different reason. All these kids from ISB have to learn a musical instrument, can you imagine the unbearble noise of the first sounds produced by a trumpet? The walls of these condos are paper thin. I moved to a fantastic condo double glass on the 37th floor. It is my understanding that Thai people have no problem with noise, it's like they have build-in noise silensers. So this situation will not change soon, so better find a way to deal with it than changing the behavior of 60 plus million Thai.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

Funny you mention Danicha, I too lived in that place for many years and I also moved out but for different reason. All these kids from ISB have to learn a musical instrument, can you imagine the unbearble noise of the first sounds produced by a trumpet? The walls of these condos are paper thin. I moved to a fantastic condo double glass on the 37th floor. It is my understanding that Thai people have no problem with noise, it's like they have build-in noise silensers. So this situation will not change soon, so better find a way to deal with it than changing the behavior of 60 plus million Thai.

my  understanding  is  they dont  want  to  complain, so even if  they  dont  like  it  they  wont  say

On 10/16/2016 at 6:05 PM, Boon Mee said:

That's right, Gary

These folks aren't in Kansas now are they? 

This is Thailand with all it's foibles and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! :smile:

Can't we have a topic without the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade joining in.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Can't we have a topic without the "if you don't like it, go home" brigade joining in.

As old as it may get, sometimes it's the most compassionate advice available.  

I'll never understand why people keep living in a place where they hate the locals, hate the customs, hate the government, hate the majority of tourists, and seem to hate their fellow expats.  Kind of sad that it's often better for them than the life they left behind to settle here.

I wonder if there's a lot of Tinnitus sufferer's in Thailand  because of the loud noises and music, loud night clubs .. 

I am one of them, loud noise makes the constant beep tone even more problematic. When the music is really too loud I need to move away. Happens all the time, as many posters on this topic already replied, not much can be done. Sometimes I ask politely to turn down the volume but without much success...I am not going to plug out amplifiers or loudspeakers for that matter, what a terrible way to represent expats in Thailand! Loud noise is indeed a problem but for me not enough reason to move out.

On 10/9/2016 at 5:01 PM, elephant45 said:

lostinissan, you really are lost, is their any thing/post you don't respond to with total negativity and hatred? Maybe you need to get a ticket out. The person is making a comment that is valid. And after the party is over and we live here permanently things like this can become unbearable and so I already have deiced to leave.

Did you leave to a noisy place? Are you freezing now? Don't worry elephant. I never believed what an old elephant told me.......:sleepy:

Edited by lostinisaan

6 hours ago, luk AJ said:

I am one of them, loud noise makes the constant beep tone even more problematic. When the music is really too loud I need to move away. Happens all the time, as many posters on this topic already replied, not much can be done. Sometimes I ask politely to turn down the volume but without much success...I am not going to plug out amplifiers or loudspeakers for that matter, what a terrible way to represent expats in Thailand! Loud noise is indeed a problem but for me not enough reason to move out.

Did mom and dad never let you go into a disco? 

About 6 months ago I went to a medical benefit concert in Samut Sakorn .  Long story short, it was in a small bar out in the middle of nowhere.  As the music started I was pretty drunk already, very rare, and the music started blaring.  I tried to make ear plugs out of wet tissue that helped a little.

I've always know the dangers to hearing from being around construction as a kid, especially Skill saws.  Them later in combat around close proximity to Jet Aircraft and explosions.  I managed all those years to protect my hearing.

After that night in the bar I sustained 30% hearing loss in the left ear and have ringing in both ears that I'm surprised you all can"t hear.  Permanent damage from one night out.

I don't leave home without good earplugs now.  The damage I did that night is a little frustrating sometimes.  Hope I don't go deaf completely.  A few days ago was entering the BIG C on 2nd road Pattaya through a temporary kind of construction tunnel. There was some chick yaking through a bull horn selling something.  

It felt like knives going in my ears.  I couldn't cover my ears fast enough.  While everyone just strolled by.  Kinda scary.  Anyway I just keep earplugs now handy and coverup around other loud sounds.  The damage is done.  At least it's very quiet where I live   be warned and be prepared.

Oh yeah still like Thailand very much.

Edited by joeyg
content

On 11/1/2016 at 11:14 AM, luk AJ said:

I've had very mild tinnitus for years for being around Jet Aircraft and explosions.  However now since the last concert damage I've developed hearing loss and hyperacusis = sounds seem and feel louder than they are.  Tinnitus is screaming.  I resolved myself that I just have to live with it.  Until I go deaf I guess..

Agree it can be unbearable at times. More so if you are trapped in a bus or mini van for hours and Mr. Macho decides to show off his loud unbearable crap Thai rock music at ear bleeding volumes so loud you are tempted to kill him. It tends to be the younger macho guys who must believe that every person on the bus including monks loves his music. Don,t get me wrong i love most old style Thai music and that tends to be played at lower volumes. If it is at a street fair, store or party i just leave within minutes. Guess they don,t need my money. But have been tempted at times to purchase some ear protection they use on the decks of aircraft carriers. Anyone here have any idea where i can purchase some? Homepro? I am sure there are laws already on the books to enforce the law. I hate to say this but during this past month it has been bliss not having to hear loud music and wish the toned down times including many bars being quieter would last for at least a year.

On 10/9/2016 at 7:30 PM, lostinisaan said:

You seem to look for negative things in your life to have something, or somebody to blame. Now it's the forum. Just don't look at it anymore and you won't be annoyed of the shut down classifieds. 

I had a huge fight with a similar guy who's so upset that a flower selling woman took 25, instead of the usual 20 baht.

I tried to calm him down but he found more and more points that would suck for him. I told him in his face why he wouldn't get the shit out of the country, better today than tomorrow. Have a good flight and don't forget a present for mom. 

And you seem to be one of these guys.  

sounds like you would do anything to side with Thai people, so whatever bad thing could happen to us Farang we should never say anything because we are merely farang? Only Thai people should live in Thailand and should have rights and a good life, I can't imagine if we were adopting this mindset in Europe, we would be treated as monsters. What about my wife, she is Thai is she authorized to complain? and my children, they have Farang blood, is it ok for them or should they take the first flight for nowhere?

So to don't let Lostinisaan call the local SS to put me in the first flight to somewhere else, I'm going to speak for my wife and family, who are Thai so they are authorized to complain. They don't like the noise either, I bought land in the middle of the countryside thinking we would enjoy the nature and the calm atmosphere, instead there is parties all around. Even from houses more than 1 km away we can still hear the loud music. It's usually when someone become monk, and if I understand well it's every other month.

There is not much we can do, there is still calm moments that we can enjoy, if it was getting worse we would have no choice but moving.

I think Thai people are very individualist, they annoy each other and don't learn much from it, as per my wife the culture is changing and not for the better. I still hope it will regulate itself and become more pleasant. Overall it's still good around here.

On a positive note: For the last three weeks, I have been enjoying walking around my Super Mall listening to soft background music which is a definite pleasure. In addition, large supermarkets have toned down both the needless racket of Thai music and its volume.

Let's hear it for the Thai people who have the ability to live without volume!