GBP Pound Continues to Take a Pounding

just had a look at the first round SCB.TT RATE, down 43.92.but as i never do trans.on fri.or monday,can you CM. have a word with the 

-oney bee for tues. our investment ends.in 10days. so 44.plus, the 44 for the wife and the plus for ME.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

This is not the first instance, anyway you haven't answered the question !

You'll need far better bait than that to get me hooked into one of your trollings, off back to the footie thread you go.

4 minutes ago, meatboy said:

just had a look at the first round SCB.TT RATE, down 43.92.but as i never do trans.on fri.or monday,can you CM. have a word with the 

-oney bee for tues. our investment ends.in 10days. so 44.plus, the 44 for the wife and the plus for ME.

meatboy, may i suggest you change the way you bring  over stg, i'm seeing  GBP/THB 44.2697 with my FX company !

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

meatboy, may i suggest you change the way you bring  over stg, i'm seeing  GBP/THB 44.2697 with my FX company !

we only ever use SCB BANK for trans.as over the past we found them a few satang above the other banks.and with trans.a tidy sum it does pay for all expences. i do an express trans.1hr.and its here,but it does cost me 30gbp.plus the little bit this end.

8 minutes ago, meatboy said:

we only ever use SCB BANK for trans.as over the past we found them a few satang above the other banks.and with trans.a tidy sum it does pay for all expences. i do an express trans.1hr.and its here,but it does cost me 30gbp.plus the little bit this end.

No charges with this company  just some this end !

23 hours ago, meatboy said:

i dont know what the other banks finnished up 17.17pm FRI. but SCB 43.67 TT.

On 1/28/2017 at 8:52 AM, meatboy said:

i dont know what the other banks finnished up 17.17pm FRI. but SCB 43.67 TT.

For BBL it was still their 08:30 rates (43.60 notes, 44.085 TT).

Edited by OJAS

On 2/4/2017 at 8:58 AM, meatboy said:

yes as you point out,yesterday SCB BKK didnt update their rates ALL DAY. smells fishy or a dead RAT.

Indeed, one of the great mysteries of The Great Thai Banking Industry Exchange Rate Calculation System (if you can call it that) for me is why, in the case of BBL at least, rates are only updated once a day at 08:30 on some days, whereas on others they can be updated up to 5 times on the same day.

In the case of transfers from my UK to BBL accounts via their London branch, however, I have always noticed that the TT rate used for calculating the conversion is always the one applying at 08:30, regardless of the timing of the FTT credit and any intervening subsequent rate updates.

17 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Indeed, one of the great mysteries of The Great Thai Banking Industry Exchange Rate Calculation System (if you can call it that) for me is why, in the case of BBL at least, rates are only updated once a day at 08:30 on some days, whereas on others they can be updated up to 5 times on the same day.

In the case of transfers from my UK to BBL accounts via their London branch, however, I have always noticed that the TT rate used for calculating the conversion is always the one applying at 08:30, regardless of the timing of the FTT credit and any intervening subsequent rate updates.

as i have mine once a yr.from the uk.to SCB.same time every yr.by online trans.so i have always check the exchange rate when i do the trans.then again when it arrives here,usually takes 1.5hrs.

but i have noticed SCB. TT RATES havent been that favourable.they up to my last trans.was a few satang better than the rest,enough to cover my trans.cost.

just goner see where they are at 11.25am.

26 minutes ago, OJAS said:

as i have mine once a yr.from the uk.to SCB.same time every yr.by online trans.so i have always check the exchange rate when i do the trans.then again when it arrives here,usually takes 1.5hrs.

but i have noticed SCB. TT RATES havent been that favourable.they up to my last trans.was a few satang better than the rest,enough to cover my trans.cost.

just goner see where they are at 11.25am.

8.26am. 43.20.   10.49 43.20 TT.RATE

29 minutes ago, meatboy said:

seems like nobody here in BOT are taking any notice of ABOVE.

yesterday's close of play SCB TT RATE  :shock1: 42.79.

I don't immediately see why that happened, there was a 1.5 cent jump in GBP/USD but I don't know why.

12 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I don't immediately see why that happened, there was a 1.5 cent jump in GBP/USD but I don't know why.

Here you go MB: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-08/analysts-aren-t-buying-sterling-rebound-as-brexit-deadline-looms

Analysts aren't buying the Pound rebound story and are predicting $1.16 within 6 months!

15 hours ago, meatboy said:

seems like nobody here in BOT are taking any notice of ABOVE.

yesterday's close of play SCB TT RATE  :shock1: 42.79.

Improved a bit today 43.37 (notes were 42.89). Sorry that was BBL.

Edited by rott