Non-Immigrant O by Marriage Extension Question

Sorry to ask such a basic question but I've read everything I can and am confused by the conflicting information.

I received my 1 year multiple entry Non-Immigrant O Visa based on Marriage at the Thai Embassy in Singapore a few months ago (I was working/living there) but then retired and am now living in Thailand.

My initial 90 day stay is coming up and my preference is to get an extension without having to leave the country.

I see conflicting information on whether I MUST leave the country to get an extension (another 90 days) or can I apply at the local immigration office for an extension without leaving.

Alternatively is it possible to apply to change the Non-Immigrant O by Marriage visa to another type that would similarly allow me to stay without first leaving? 

I'm eligible for the Retirement Visa which according to some I've read seems to be a bit more user friendly. 

My real immediate preference is to just get an extension without the need to leave the country.

Would very much appreciate if someone could confirm for me..

Greatly appreciated.  

• If you want permission to stay for another 90 days you need to exit an re-enter the country.
  • You can apply for 60 day extension of stay at an immigration office for 1,900 baht. You can only do that once per any new 90 day permit to stay.
  • Within the last 30 (maybe 45) days of this or any future 90 day permit to stay you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay at an immigration office for 1,900 baht. You could apply on the basis of marriage or retirement.
  • Extensions based on marriage require more paperwork but less income/bank deposit than those based on retirement. Marriage, 40K pm income certified (by your embassy) or 400K in the bank. Retirement. 65K income or 800K bank deposit or a combination of the two.

In order to get another 90 days from your visa you must leave and re-enter the country.

You could a apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

You could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Or you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement if you are 50 or over. You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 60 days or proof of 65k baht income.