Vietnam Tourist Visa at Embassy in Bangkok

On 10/12/2016 at 8:13 PM, ragpicker said:

Yeah Banana7, I got screwed worse than you a couple weeks ago at the BKK Vietnamese embassy.  2700 baht for me!!  Told me to read the non-existing fees posted on the back wall when I complained!   I also brought up the on line $25 and she told me this was a phony web site, there is no official Vietnam visa web site according to her.   She offered to refund my money and I could take my chances with this "fake" web site.   Since she was very rude and unfriendly I got scared.  I figured she'd give me the refund refund and then phone the Hanoi airport immigration and tell them to screw me out of even more money when I arrive as she had all my details already.

First and last time.

The official VN immigration e-portal will start operation in February so I expect letters issued by any other online source will no longer be accepted once it's up and running.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The official VN immigration e-portal will start operation in February so I expect letters issued by any other online source will no longer be accepted once it's up and running.

Good to know. They have finally twigged to the vast numbers of travelers happily and safely using the current 'franchised' online visa on arrival system. Hopefully, they will afford themselves of a robust server and good designers since I imagine it will be very, very busy. This based on the numbers of arriving passengers using the visa on arrival desks at Saigon and Hanoi. I recall the Cambodian eVisa website was a bit of a minefield when they initially rolled it out several years ago.