How healthy is it ?

Lumbini

I have noticed over the years that when Thai women have foreigners for boyfriend after a while they seemed to be addicted to putting them down . It's like the guy is always being told how inadequate and stupid he is with them quick to put them down but slow to be uplifting . It's like she has a tradition to put down the partner instead of being uplifting and I am wondering if others see this and feel it's very unhealthy to live with someone who always brings stress and is more of a fighter than a kind lover . Seems most of my foreign friends who are men dating Thai women are always having big drama that is very unhealthy and codependent like with their Thai girlfriends . Is it healthier to be lonely or irritated and being with someone who seems to only comment about the bad things as they seem to be addicted to the self made drama like spice and street food . I have learned to be alone much of the time because being in relationships that are not positive and uplifting seeming to be toxic and brings much stress . I see a pattern now after living here almost a decade and foreigners in long term relationships with Thai girls do not seem so happy but they can not face being alone and choose to stay with someone who is always putting them down and only noticing what's wrong instead of going solo which I guess seems so impossible to face for them .

If you get treated badly its only because you allow it.You can not live with some one else if you can not live with yourself.

If a relation ship takes more out of you then it gives back it is time to end it.

Ann would never criticize me in public and that goes both ways.

Too bad people learn things in school they never need in later life but they never learn how to deal with people which is a skill

needed everyday.

Sermon over.

here in England all my male co workers moan about their girlfriends, hardly say anything good about their relationships, just bad negative things to say most of the time, only when they get sex they are happy about their relationship.

I don't think all Thai women are like this, but I think relationships are tough these days, maybe its best to stay single, guess it depends on the type of person you are.

The best attribute you can bring to Thailand, is the ability to live alone. I am not saying that living alone is better or worse than being in a relationship, every individual is different. However, I have met many that could not live alone, ended up stuck in a meaningless relationship, and the dream of living their final years here turned into complete misery.

I have long suspected that those statistics that show that married people live longer than single people are skewed because they include people with genetic limitations which limit their ability to marry in the sample of single people. I am skeptical that an "average" single person has a shorter life span than an "average" married person. Certainly, if you are unhappily married, it is hard to believe that on average you're going to live longer than a happily single person. 

Edited by Gecko123

15 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

The best attribute you can bring to Thailand, is the ability to live alone. I am not saying that living alone is better or worse than being in a relationship, every individual is different. However, I have met many that could not live alone, ended up stuck in a meaningless relationship, and the dream of living their final years here turned into complete misery.

My late father used to have a saying:

"Better an empty house than a bad tenant"

Funny how the older I get, the wiser Dad gets :wink: